A Love That's So Demanding

003

Around 7pm that night, Donna and I had dinner done and she asked me to go upstairs to tell Mikey that dinner was done. Donna was so excited to have one of her son's home for even just a little while. I had never seen her smile so much in the long while I had been here. "Of course, Donna, I'll go get him up." I smiled at her and dusted my hands off on the apron I wore. I loved making dinner with Donna, she was like a second mom to me, a better mom. I was 19 and hadn't seen my mom since I moved out 6 months ago. Donna was a blessing to me when I found the help wanted add in the newspaper. I smiled and shut the door to the kitchen, knowing she was probably setting the dining room table.

I turned to the dark hallway and looked up the stairs. I slid the apron off and laid it again the stair banisters. I started to climb the creaky wooden staircase, biting my lip, feeling... butterflies? Mikey was famous and probably had tons of girls back in LA or wherever he had his own house. I swallowed and bit my lip, turning off the stairs. I shouldn't be getting a crush on him, I would never have a chance- not in a million years. I was just the young girl who helped his mom out around the house.

Looking up at the wooden door that led into his room, I saw a Star War's style 'Keep Out' sign that was worn and the picture was rubbing off. I knocked quietly and leaned my ear to the door, hearing him on the phone. He wasn't asleep... I knew I shouldn't eavesdrop, but I listened in anyway.

I heard Mikey's sigh, "Gerard, I just got here, I'm not ready to come back yet. Remember, I came out for some peace and quiet to try and get away from the stress." He sounded so upset. "I know you can find a replacement bass player for a few weeks. I'll see you soon when you come down to visit in a few months." Mikey said and hung up.

Aw, I felt so bad for him... So, that's why he came back to visit his mom? Stress... I sighed and knocked a little louder and opened the door into the room a crack, "Mikey? Can I come in?" I whispered quietly, and peeked in. He nodded and I stepped in all the way. "Your mom and I have dinner done, it's Italian." I smiled and looked up at him.

He actually looked up at me, his blonde hair falling into his face, and his brown eyes sparkling. He was so adorable... "Thank you, Ci..." Wow, that voice was enough to make my insides melt. Mikey started walking towards me, and gestured to the door, "After you," he smiled and opened the door and I smiled, blushing wildly as I walked out the door and heard him shut it behind him.

We walked downstairs, "Donna's, he's up!" I smiled and sat down at the table, while Donna sat down beside of her son. Mikey and his mom started to talk and catch up on things.

"So, Mikey, why'd you wanna come down so quickly?" His mom asked and looked over at her son. I frowned, already knowing part of why.

He frowned and just twirled the spaghetti on his fork. "It was just getting to much, after being on break for so many years, and then just having to jump right back in it, everything was so hectic... It's so hard..." Mikey bit his lip and looked down.

"Awe, my baby..." His mom hugged him tightly.

I frowned and looked down at just kept quiet...

Image


Later that night, Donna wanted me to go upstairs and give Mikey some fresh sheets, but when I knocked, there was no answer... I slowly walked inside, and bit my lip. Mikey wasn't there... I laid the sheets down on his bed and went over to his window and looked down to see him sitting down under the oak tree with his acoustic guitar. I frowned and looked down. I quickly turned and went down the stairs.

He looked so upstairs, like he needed some one to talk too, and sure his mom would be there, but there was just some things your mom can't help with...

I walked outside and across the backyard lawn, "Mikey? Can I join you?" I whispered and stood about five feet away, and was sort of blushing and looking down at him.

A smile broke out on Mikey's face and he looked up. "Ci... Sure." He smiled and scooted over.

I smiled and sat down next to him, "So, Mikey, what are you doing out here all alone? It's freezing..." I bit my lip and looked over at him, watching him lightly strumming the strings. "You know you can talk to me... I know you don't really know me, but I mean, who can I tell?" I bit my lip. Out of no where, I heard a sniffle, and looked over to see tear drops sliding down Mikey's nose and off onto his guitar. "Oh, no, Mikey, don't cry!" I sniffled and took him into my arms and hugged him tightly.

He looked up at me, and cried, "I-I can't take all of this stress..." I sniffled, "All the other guys have their wives, and it's like whenever I need Gerard, he's to busy with his wife and his kid, Bandit. Which isn't bad, I'm glad he has them... I just, all of this is too much on me..." He sniffled and wiped his eyes.

"Awe, Mikey, I'm just sure you need a break, every one does. In a few weeks time, you're going to be ready to go back on that stage, happier than ever." I smiled and pushed his hair out from his eyes to behind his ear.

"You think so?" Mikey bit his lip and looked up at me, and I just nodded back with a small smile and leaned back against the tree to hear Mikey play his guitar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it's not that great, but I'm pretty sick and upset while I'm writing this. :c

Remember, if you need a story layout, profile layout, icon or signature, story banner or whatever, feel free to message me or leave me a comment at mentioned-blue :)