A Love That's So Demanding

005

I felt my face heat up, and I looked down quickly at my syrup covered plate, and could almost feel Donna's pancakes coming back up. I hated being put on the spot like this. Perfect? How could we be perfect, we had just been sitting under a tree together last night and just now all we were doing was eating breakfast. Did Donna see what we were doing last night under the tree? Did she see the hug? Is that why she thought we were perfect.

"Donna? I'll get the dishes..." I bit my lip, trying to fight off my blush as I took up our three plates and walked over to the sink, quickly turning my back on them. They'd probably exchange looks, while I stood over here, washing the syrup from the dishes and blushing like a school girl.

The squeaking of a chair scooting in, let my know Mikey was getting up. "Let me help you, Ci." He smiled and walked over to stand next to me. He took a plate from the sink and started to wash it. I looked up at him, and gave him a slight smile and looked back down.

That night, when Mikey was in the bathroom, taking a shower I looked over at Donna. "Perfect?" I whispered, and walked over across the warm living room and sat down. The fire place fire cast shadows against the wall, and had the living room smelling like burnt wood, and feeling like a Christmas night. I sat down next to her, and looked up at her.

"Perfect? What're you talking about?" She seemed to act confused but I could tell she wanted to let a small snicker leave her throat. "What's perfect?"

"What you said about Mikey and I? What did you mean, we're perfect?" I bit my lip and looked down, slowly grabbing my cup of coffee from the table, and staring down into the dark drink as I took a sip of it. It scalded my tongue, but I didn't jump back in shock. I invited it. It was a calmer.

Donna turned to face me, and looked up at me with a smile, showing all of full teeth. I guess Gerard got his tiny square ones from his father, Mikey must get his from his mom. "I saw you two under the tree last night, and you two just seemed to immediately click. I was kind of hoping you two would, ever since he said he was coming home for a little bit to take a break from the band. He's been so depressed lately, I was hoping that maybe you could cheer him up. It doesn't take much to get him to smile, but it doesn't take much to get him to frown, either. When I saw you two under that tree, and especially when I saw him lean over and hug you, I just knew that was it. You two are perfect together. Don't argue, Ci. I know my son." She smiled and grabbed her coffee up off the table and took a small sip from it and then sat it back down and looked up to meet my eyes.

I was staring blankly down at my hands. "Oh." I bit my lip and heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I looked up at Mikey, who was coming into the living room, wearing some shorts and a baggy t-shirt. "Hey, Mikey." My voice seemed to catch in my throat, and Donna smiled and patted my knee as she got up.

"Well, I'm going to hit the bed. You guys can order a movie if you want, on the box." She smiled and winked at me before walking down the back hall to her bedroom.

Mikey chuckled and looked down at me before walking over and taking Donna's seat. "So, how about that movie..." Mikey grabbed the television remote and flicked on the screen and went through the channels to see what was playing that we could order to watch. He settled on the Avengers and turned to look at me. "So, are you going to your apartment tonight?" He asked with a soft smile.

"Donna said I could stay as long as I wanted." I bit my lip and looked up into his eyes. "I could take her up on that offer...." I scooted a little closer, the word perfect replaying in my mind as I looked up at his perfect face. He gave me a small smile and he slowly snuck his arm and around my waist, and I leaned over on him, and I could barely hear him whisper the word that I had been thinking so much today under his breath, and I let my eyes lay on the screen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, my chapter is pretty short too. Around 700 words, or a little more above. I really needed to update, but I am just so mind blown right now.