A Love That's So Demanding

006

I bit my lip as we watched the movie, but I could barely concentrate. Ci was leaning on me, her head in the crook of my neck. One of her arms rested on my leg, her hand at my knee, while the other laid across her lap.

I looked down at her a little and smiled softly. She really was perfect... But having Ma say that put so much weight on our shoulders, especially mine. I was usually blamed for a relationship not working out and honestly, I was scared to let something happen because of that. I didn't want things to not work for us...

I looked back at the TV and watched quietly. I wondered if she could feel my heart beating wildly in my chest... I know I could certainly hear it. It sounded like a horse galloping on drum sets.

Ci ended up drifting to sleep on me and I bit my lip and smiled softly. I shut off the movie and carefully carried her up to my room. I'd just sleep on the couch tonight.

I laid her on my bed and covered her with my blankets, before grabbing my pajamas to change in the bathroom. I walked to the door and turned to look at her once more. 

"Good night..." I whispered and smiled before shutting off the light and going into the bathroom. I changed and brushed my teeth before leaving my dirty clothes outside my room to be picked up tomorrow. I grabbed some extra sheets, a quilt, and a pillow to set up on the couch. When I finished, I laid down and fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to someone calling my name softly.

"Mikey, Miiikey..." I opened my eyes to see Ci standing over me. She smiled and her blue eyes twinkled. I blushed and smiled.

"Morning, Ci." I rubbed my eye and slowly sat up. She smiled and chuckled.

"You didn't have to sleep on the couch... I would've been fine sleeping here." She giggled. I smiled shyly.

"I wanted you to be comfortable... So I thought you'd like to sleep in my bed." I blushed and she giggled again.

"How sweet of you." She smiled wide and kissed my cheek softly before giggling and hurrying into the kitchen. I blushed wildly and smiled dazedly, softly touching my cheek in surprise.

I got up to walk into the kitchen to help with breakfast for all of us. I was just starting to help, when my phone rang from the living room. I sighed softly and went to go answer it. The caller I.D. showed that it was Gerard calling. I bit my lip and answered.

"Hello?" I asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Hey, Mikes. We were just calling to check up on you and Ma. Is everything going okay?" Gerard sounded just a little concerned as he spoke and I bit my lip.

"We're fine... Ma has someone to help around the house and she's... Well, she's pretty amazing." I bit my lip. I didn't know Ci could hear every word I was saying.

"Oh, really? Well I'm glad that you have a crush, Mikey. Just please don't mess up... Okay?" I frowned.

"I didn't mess up the last one. She just claimed that I was too quiet, too stuck in my own head... I mean, I am, but I try not to anymore. I don't want her to feel like I don't pay attention to her like my last girlfriend did. I'm nervous, Gee..."

"Mikey, don't be. If you think it won't work, it won't. You have to keep your head up for this one and let whatever happens, happen."

"Thanks, Gee. I will. But now I gotta go help with breakfast. I'll talk to you later?" I chewed on my lip.

"Of course. Bye, Mikey. Please tell Ma I love her, and I love you too." I smiled a little.

"Love you too, Gerard. Bye." We hung up and I bit my lip. I smiled a little before going back into the kitchen to help Ci with breakfast, completely unaware that she had been listening the whole time.

"Who was that?" She smiled at me sweetly as I walked in.

"Oh, just Gerard. He was just checking up on me." I shrugged and smiled softly. She smiled warmly.

"Oh, how sweet." She turned and we started on breakfast.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah sorry my chapters all always so short! I write them on my phone, so I have no way of knowing how long they really are! Anyways, sorry for typos or anything like that. I just hope you like it!