Effortless

I Can't Wait To Lay Around With You

There was something peculiar about Taylor Jardine, not in a bad way, but in a sweep you off your feet with how different she is way. She was absolutely stunning. She’s funny, nice, one hell of a kisser, and of course, she was very easy of the eyes. She went after what she wanted. She’d called me and asked me to meet her outside. She started this whole thing, first asking me to sing on Kiss Me Again and then asking me to be in the video. I’d had a, a thing for Tay since I’d met her. She had always been that one girl that I couldn’t figure out. I liked that about her. She confessed that she couldn’t stop thinking about me but not whether or not she actually liked me. She was confusing and beautiful and I wanted nothing more than to spend all of my days lying in my bed with her, kissing and talking.

The next day, we were filming the performance scenes. Every break I got, I pulled Tay into a corner and kissed her, holding her close. I was afraid if I didn’t show her that I was just as interested in her, that she’s slip away and I’d lose her. Maybe it was just me being needy after my last girlfriend stabbed me in the back and then disappeared from my life like a puff of smoke, but I didn’t want that to happen again. Tay was a bright spot in the dullness that my love life had become. I didn’t want that bright spot to get snuffed out because I didn’t appreciate her.

“Alex and Tay, if you’re making out in that corner again, I swear, I will end you both,” the director said, stalking towards us. Tay had actually pulled me in this time, wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me that look. Oh, she had a hell of a pair of eyes, alluring and sexy and beautiful. They were brown, but they sparkled with happiness, unlike the ex’s dead, emotionless pools. Plus, add on the look that could bring any man to his knees on top of the sparkling and you have a killer combination. Tay could probably wrap me around her finger so easily just with one look. In fact, I’m sure she already had.

“We should get back,” I said.

“No, I like it right here,” she whispered, kissing my neck. I gripped her shirt and whimpered.

“Guys! There are scenes to be shot and I can’t have you two running off every time I call cut!” our director said, standing behind Tay, arms crossed over his chest.

“Yeah, Taylor, stop seducing me in the corner,” I stated. She laughed and backed off. We had fun for the rest of the day, performing the song over and over, waiting for them to call it a wrap. I loved the song. Then again, I loved most of their songs. They were a good band and they deserved so much more attention than they had.

Towards the end of our second day, I finally plucked up the courage to ask her out.

“Tay? Can I, can I talk to you?” I asked on one of our breaks. We were sitting at a table in the break room, a basket of fries between us.

“Of course, you can,” she said with a smile. She popped a fry into her mouth. I stared at my hands, which were spinning a fry around in our ketchup cup, while I sorted out what I wanted to say. She didn’t say anything, just let me think. I looked up and met her gaze.

“You know how you feel about me? You can’t stop thinking about me and kissing me? That whole speech that you gave me yesterday?”

She nodded.

“I definitely feel the same and I’d love to take that a bit further.”

“How do you mean?”

“I want to take you out to dinner, on a date.”

She grinned and leaned over the table to kiss my nose.

“Yes.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah!”

My heart swelled as a smile spread wide over my face. I couldn’t stop myself. This was Taylor Jardine, the beautiful, funny, talented lead singer of We Are The In Crowd. How did I get so lucky?

I just hoped I didn’t fuck this up somehow.
♠ ♠ ♠
It turns out that writing Alex's point of view is fucking hard!
D:
Hope it didn't turn out like poo.

DFTBA,
Rory The Roman