Effortless

And Tell You All The Secrets

Alex was really good at hiding his relationships, I realized a few weeks into ours. I also realized that I was falling hard and I was falling fast for him. I couldn’t have asked for anything more perfect than Alex. He was sweet and considerate. He called me every night when we weren’t together, just to ask me how my day had gone and what I’d done. We could talk for hours and nothing else mattered. I was on Cloud Nine, a schoolgirl giggling over her latest crush smiling at her. I hadn’t felt like this in a while, and I was loving every minute of it.

Maybe I should’ve questioned why Alex was so good at hiding his relationships, but I was too wrapped up in what we had, what was happening to stop and think.

Before I knew it, months had passed and I was packing for Warped Tour. I was excited. I loved Warped Tour. We get to meet so many of our fans, and so many new friends. We get to find new connections in bands we’d never find on our own tours.

“Taylor,” Jordan said, barging into my room as I folded another shirt into the limited space of my suitcase.

“Jordan.”

“How’s it coming along?” he asked, plopping down on my bed beside my pile of clothes.

“Better without you here, actually,” I replied. “Are you here to help me, Jordan, or just lay all over everything?”

“Someone’s cranky. Alex not call today?”

“What?” I stuttered, nearly dropping my shirt.

“Come on, Tay. I’m your best friend. I know you and Alex are,” he waved his hands around. “Together. You don’t have to hide it from us. It’s kind of obvious. You’ve been all over each other since the video. It’s fine. We get it. Just stop hiding.”

“How do you know we didn’t just hook up at the video, and then it was over?”

“Because you’ve been acting like a love-struck teenager.”

I wrinkled my nose at him.

“Besides, Taylor, you’re not the hook up and leave it kind, and we both know it. Alex might be, but I can’t imagine he’d do that to you.”

“That’s sweet, Jor. Really. But you don’t have to try and make me feel better.”

“I’m not trying to make you feel better, Tay. You don’t need that. You know what you and Alex have.”

He shrugged and then, “You never answered my question.”

“What question?”

“Has Alex not called today?”

I sighed and sat down beside my best friend.

“I don’t know, Jordan. He promised yesterday that he’d call when he was done with what they had planned and. Oh, god, am I one of those needy girls now? I don’t want to be that girl that whines because her boyfriend hasn’t called in 12 hours.”

“Is he your boyfriend?” Jordan asked, laying back.

“I don’t know. We never really talked about that. Maybe? Don’t be difficult,” I said, following his lead.

“I didn’t think I was being difficult. I asked a question, defensive.”

“I’m not being defensive.”

“Whatever you say, Jardine.”

I let out a heavy sigh.

“I miss him,” I finally admitted.

“Luckily, you get all summer with him. Cheer up, it’ll be alright.”

I closed my eyes.

“Yeah, all summer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Due to the AP article confirming that at some point, Taylex existed, I decided to put up a new chapter of Effortless.
I'm sorry that I've been absent.
I'm sorry also that I won't be updating any of my fanfiction until, probably, the new year.
Don't hate me. I just need to focus on my original fiction. Sorry.

DFTBA,
Rory The Roman