Long Live

Chapter 7

Chapter 7-

The next week came with me lying in bed from pain most of the time. One thing thats not in the hospital brocure? That dying fucking hurts. James stayed with me most of the time. Acutally all of the time. He'd only leave to pee and get us food. If I needed to go to the bathroom he'd litterally pick me up and bring me there. He'd wait outside the door and then carry me back to bed like I was some sort of porcline doll.

On tuesday he took me to the statue of liberty since I was feeling a bit better. It was the most magical moment when he took me into the crown. All of my new york looked like a toy city. The entire time, cameras and paprazi tailed us. He didn't mind though, As he'd lift me in his arms and make sure they got clear shots of us tounging each other.

IT was thursday and I was walking around the appartment waiting for james to come home from his interview at z100 with the boys. My doctor called me this morning , he told me I had to come in as soon as possible. I refused to go alone. James was in this with me now. And he'd have a fit if I went without him.

Suddenly he walked through the door and I heard him toss his keys on the table. I heard foxes feet scratch up the floor as he jolted towards me. I bent down and patted him giving him a piece of chicken I cooked. James walked in a small smile on his face. He never really smiled big anymore. He knew life was going to change in the next week or so. He bent down and pressed his lips hard to me.

" Mmm What was that for?" I asked softly dazed. He shrugged.

" Because your beautiful and I missed you ." I bit my lip and sighed.

" Doctor Nole called, He wanted to see me as soon as possible. I wanted to wait till you got home-" Suddenly I was being handed my jacket and shoes and bag. " Or we can just you know go now." I said laughing as I pulled on my jacket and fixed my hair.

Xxx

Once again I was back in this office. The same deadly ache and smell presented itself to me and james as we both sat fidgeting in the seats of the doctors office. He nervously held my hand and his knee shook up and down. I grabbed hold of it and he made eye contact with me but we both jumped when the door slammed shut.

" Nolie, how are you ? Feeling better?" He asked softly sitting down. " And you are?"

" Oh this is my-"But james stepped in before I had a chance to respond.

" Fiance, James Diamond." My and mouth dropped.

" Fiance?" He shot me a look and then I smiled. Oh yeah the Dr code. Only family or husbands/finaces can get information. Shot me a look as well. " Yes fiance, I keep forgetting to introduce him like that. Sorry." I said faking a laugh. Dr. Nole nodded and looked at the folder.

" Well, I have some news."James hand immediatley found mine and he squeezed it hard. " We got your x-rays from two weeks ago and it seems, the kemo has worked. Amazingly." My face paled. Good news?

" Really?"

" It has?" James said as we both leaned in. He smiled and nodded.

" Yes, Its remarkable. Its as if your luck has since about 4 weeks ago when you left my office. So Nolita, Without further or do. I now pronounce you, cancer free." Me and james jumped up hugging each other. He lifted me up and held me so tight I lost air and breast cup size. " We will start you on antibiotics to help your immunes system but no more kemo and see me in a few weeks." He said standing up and shaking james hand and walking out of the small room. Tears unknowingly fell down my cheeks. James pulled out his phone.

" What are you do-doing?" I said wiping tears off my cheeks. He shook his head and smiled.

" Texting, mom and the guys." He shoved the phone in his jeans and pulled me into his arms. " Lets celebrate. Where do you wanna go? Anywhere. You name it. Wanna go to italy? We can go to paris. Wanna see the eiful tower-" I shushed him with a kiss.

" My list." He froze at the words.

" But-" I shook my head at his attempted rebellion. He pulled something out of this pocket and handed me the crumbled piece of scrap. Everything number was crossed off except for 2, 4 and 10. I took a pen off the doctors desk and crossed off 10. He smiled.

" Number 10, live." He laughed in relief and kissed the back of my neck.

Xxxxx

I Don't talk about my family much, and thats because it always ends up becoming a fight between me and james. My parents are divorced, my father is an entrupanuer millionaire who lives with my brother who is 16 in the hamptons, while my mother is an obnoxcious stubborn women who lives in california somewhere being all high and mighty with pride. They knew I had cancer as of course I told them first 3 months ago, but I didn't feel like calling them in and telling them but james being james insists they need to know. But I fight back that if they really cared, they would've called me the entire 3 months I did have cancer, to see how there eldest child and daughter was doing.

" Ready to go babe?" James asked coming into the room with a smile. We were heading back to california, for the next couple of weeks. And I was ready to restart my life Cancer free and in a bikini. I tossed my bikinis into my suitcase as james walked over to the bed and fell back onto it. " I got you a room in the palmwoods. Its small but fits two." He said with a smirk. I smiled and organized my stuff.

" Will I be alone in this room?" He shook his head and laughed slightly.

" Hell no you will not be."He said wrapping his legs around me and pulling me ontop of him. I suddenly gasped as a sharp pain shot through my side. He jumped up and let go of me as if he'd just broken a glass item.

"Nolie, are you okay?" He kept repeating the question or at least I thought he was, I fell to the ground , my knees buckling. I heard james shout at someone who just walked into the room. From my thoughts I understood it to be kendall who was freaking out. I felt someones cold hand on my wrist, hearing them count. Someone lifted me up and everything went black.

End P.O.V

xxx

James arms were wrapped around her tightly, as he ran down the flights of stairs. Logan carlos and kendall closely behind. He kept talking to her attempting to keep her awake. But she was slipping.

" Nolie, come on you have to stay awake. Logan said you have to stay awake." He said loudly as they descended the stairs. Suddenly they got to the first floor and kendall attempted to open the door, but it was bolted shut. James kicked it , so that the door flew open with a bang. Red and blue lights were flashing outside the double doors, as benny screamed from behind the counter asking what was wrong. But james ignored his calls and burst through the exit. He laid Nolita on the stretcher as he made to get into the ambulance, but was stopped.

" Sorry, sir are you related?" Said the Medic holding up a hand. James looked back at the three helpless boys and back to the medic. He nodded.

" Im her fiance." He said as they waved him aboard. His eyes landed on the three shocked faces outside the window.

Xxxxxx

Start P.O.V

I felt someones hand on mine and I squeezed it for a reaction.

" Nolie?" They echoed musically. I Smiled.

" I hit my head." I said groggaly, he laughed.

" Something like that. How are you feeling?" He said brushing the hair from my eyes as they flickered open. That smile.

" Body hurts." He looked down and nodded. He looked exhausted ,almost deadly even. He gently brushed at my cheek and I took his hand in mine once more.

" Antibiotics didn't approve."I laughed and he leaned in for a kiss. " Do me a favor and never fucking scare the shit out me like that again." I nodded as I heard footsteps and three boys appeared around the curtain. All of them had the same concerned looking face.

" Its okay guys ill be good." I said as they looked down quietly. " What?"

" They're just a little shocked from the situation. But you should thank logan. His knowledge of medical crap finally kicked in." I laughed at james remark and looked to logan who blushed slightly.

" Thank you Logi." He shrugged.

" No problem." Suddenly the doctor appeared behind them and they smiled and walked out of the room leaving me and james to face the music.

"Welp. , you are completely fine, just low bloodsugar and blood pressure. Just remember that you need a lot of sugar in your diet and you should be fine." I nodded and made to get up but was stopped by james and the docotor.

" I though you said I was fine." The doctor nodded.

" Well, yes I mean I said you were fine, but you can't leave today. Tomorrow your free to go though." I sighed and shrugged back down. It was like Kemo all over again. And james had this look of protection and concern. Which only meant one thing. Him overeacting to me breathing wrong. I only prayed it was my assumption and not the truth.