Murals Over Morals

010.

I held her to my chest for what seemed like forever, yet I didn't feel in the least bit uncomfortable. I wanted to keep holding and holding her, hoping that if I held her long enough, she'd be okay... I stroked her soft hair back from her forehead and looked down at the top of her head quietly.

"Ci?" I asked softly, stroking her hair gently. A soft, muffled snore escaped from her lips and my eyes widened a little. She was asleep? She was asleep! I smiled wide and dropped my head to hold her again and so I wouldn't accidentally wake her up. She was finally asleep, and she was asleep in my arms... I closed my eyes softly. Might as well rest my tired eyes.

She ended up waking up about an hour later, but she looked so much better already. I felt her move a little in my arms and I opened my eyes, only to see her blue eyes staring back into mine. I smiled softly.

"Hi. You're awake." She smiled a little and nodded, still watching my eyes as I rubbed her back soothingly. "Did you have a nice nap?"

"It was... Okay." She chuckled a little, whispering so her mom wouldn't hear.

"Just okay?" I stroked her hair gently and smiled. She nodded and hugged my waist tighter.

"Just okay... Gerard? Thank you for staying with me... It was really nice of you." She watched my eyes tiredly, the circles under her eyes getting darker again like the nap never happened.

"Of course. I couldn't just leave you..." I stroked one of the dark circles. She leaned up and lightly kissed my cheek. I blushed bright red and looked over at her, smiling shyly.

"What was that for...?" I asked, my hand resting on her cheek gently. She just shrugged and smiled shyly as she looked away and buried her face back in my chest. I stroked my fingers through her hair and smiled.

I went home about half an hour later because it was getting pretty late and I didn't want to fall asleep there. Her mom might get a little upset. I left her with the promise of tomorrow and went to my shitty little apartment. I got ready for bed, but when I laid down, I felt like my arms were useless without something to hold... Needless to say, I didn't get very much sleep. I missed holding her against my chest, I missed her pale cheeks flooding with color as she blushed, and most of all, I missed the way her tired eyes still sparkled every time I smiled.

I walked to her door the next day and was surprised when Ci was the one to open the door. I smiled sweetly.

"Come on." She smiled and grabbed my hand before pulling me upstairs to her room quickly. I chuckled.

"What's the rush?" I smiled and she smiled back at me.

"It's a surprise." She giggled tiredly and stopped in front of her door. "Close your eyes." She smiled up at me.

"Do I have to?" I chuckled softly.

"Yes!" She laughed and covered my eyes for me quickly. "This is as a thank you to you for yesterday." I smiled and reached for the door blindly before turning the knob and opening the door.

"And... Open!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this filler chapter... Writer's block, you know? It sucks.