Murals Over Morals

003.

After a few more minutes, I realized it was time for me to get up... I sighed and threw the covers off of my shivering, under dressed body. I was just in black girl's boxers and a tank top without a bra, dark circles under my eyes that were there permanently, like a panda. I sighed and sat up and turned to look at the artist, realizing he was looking at me. A slight shocked look was on his face. I frowned and rubbed my arm, "S-So, you're painting the mural?" I asked softly, almost in a whisper. It was kind of a dumb question since he was holding a paintbrush.

He looked me up and down, most likely not for the first time, and nodded slowly, his shaggy black hair falling over his eyes. He was in a black dirty t-shirt and tight jeans. He had a child's face, but it was mature in it's own way. As if it he had seen some bad things in his life, enough to scar him for the rest of his life. Enough to make that child's face, not so childish.

Removing myself from my bed, I went over to my closet to find some pants to throw on. "So, how often will you be here?" I asked, not looking at him because I was to deep in the closet, pushing hangers of clothes back trying to find something comfortable that didn't look to raggedy.

He cleared his throat, "Every night for two hours,... Uh, I'll be getting here around 7pm. And I'll be here until the mural's finished." He nodded and bit down on his lip, looking up at me, taking in every curve of my body.

"Sounds good...." I pulled a pair of black skinny jeans and pulled them on, wiggling about and sliding them on. "What's your name?" I asked as I grabbed a bra and walked into the closet and shut the door a bit to put my bra on. It was odd that I didn't feel nervous around a stranger in my room, or maybe it was just the fact that I was too tired to realize....

He looked down at turned around to re-examine the black tree trunk's base he painted on the wall. "Gerard... Gerard Way." He dipped his paint brush in white and went in to highlight a few things.

"How long have you been painting?" I asked, coming out of the closet and shutting the door slowly. I looked up at the man, quickly. He was kind of average in height, with a nice head of black hair, and a very pale skin. I remembered his eyes from a few minutes ago, they were warm, hazelnut. They kind of reminded me of the hazelnut coffee that I liked to have, especially in the Fall. That season also matched his eyes.

"My grandma taught me how to paint, draw, and sing when I was just a little kid and I have been doing it ever since..." Gerard whispered and sat down on the floor to get the roots. I walked up behind him and took a seat on my bed.

"This mural was my mother's idea, I kind of don't even like the idea, not one bit." He looked up at me with the worst look I had ever seen.

"Am I painting this for no reason? I have better things to waste my time on. I like my art to be appreciated." His mouth was set in a hard line.

I frowned, and sat back quickly, "No! I love the idea of having a hand painted mural on my wall, I just don't like the idea my mother told you to paint. The dark crows flying away from the dead tree, into a happy meadow where they turn into white doves, like me coming out of depression- yuck!" I frowned and rubbed the back of my neck.

Gerard frowned and bit his lip again and looked up at me, "Maybe we can change it up a little." He whispered.

I looked back up at him, and smiled back, knowing I was already liking this man already. "Sounds good." I stood up. "Would you like a drink while I'm going to the kitchen?" I asked him.

"A coke, or coffee, if you have either." He smiled, showing tiny square teeth.

"You got it." I smiled and left my room quietly, unable to fight the blush off of my face.