Murals Over Morals

004.

I smiled softly as I waited for Ci to come back. She was beautiful, even with those dark circles under her eyes. I ran a hand through my black hair and looked at the wall. I didn't know if I should continue with what I had or not; I didn't know what she had planned.

I was really upset though, when she said that she didn't want it. I really needed the money for my car, but if my art was unwanted, I didn't care about the money. I cared more about my art being appreciated. I was glad that she clarified and told me what she meant to say.

She walked back upstairs and I looked up at her from the floor and smiled softly. I thought about that blush I had caught on her face, the deep red staining her cheeks like little splatters of red paint on a blank canvas. I wondered if that blush was really for me...

She handed me a mug of steaming coffee and I smiled wide.

"Mmm, coffee... Man, this smells so good." I took a big sip, ignoring the sting of the hot liquid on my tongue and the roof of my mouth. I closed my eyes and smiled as I admired the taste. Hazelnut...

When I opened my eyes again, she was watching me with a small amused smile playing on her lips.

"What?" I chuckled softly and took another big drink. She just shook her head, smiling.

"Nothing. You just really love coffee, don't you?" I nodded and smiled. She smiled a little and let out a small, soft chuckle. I drank some more of my coffee before looking up at her. 

"So... About your mural... What do you want instead?" I asked, tilting my head a little. She chewed on her lip and sipped her coffee as she pulled her comforter into her lap.

"I'm not entirely sure yet... But I know I don't want the trees." I nodded and played with one of my relatively clean paintbrushes, looking down at it instead of her, afraid I'd end up staring. She was honestly gorgeous... But I was way too old for her. Plus, I didn't really have a lot going for me other than my art. She wouldn't want me.

"Well, I'm here and I will be until I'm finished. We've got time." I smiled up at her softly. She smiled back beautifully and bit her plump, pink lip. I blushed a little- to my embarrassment- and looked back down quickly. Well, shit. I didn't want to be creepy...

For the next couple hours, we talked about possible alternatives as I painted over the beginnings of the tree carefully, hanging onto every word that left her beautiful mouth. This was gonna be harder than I had originally assumed... Painting came easily. However, my attitude around girls I found to be gorgeous, did not.

This was gonna be a long job...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this took so long and I'm so sorry that this chapter is complete and utter crap... I'm the new author. .-. Again, I'm so COMPLETELY sorry for this shitty chapter. I promise I'll get better. ;-;