Murals Over Morals

008.

I was completely lost in my drawing, but that didn't mean I couldn't feel her eyes on me, on my painting. I wanted to impress her so bad... Maybe she felt the same. Maybe that's why she dressed different tonight- for me. Would it be too bad if I hoped for that, even just a little? I mean, it couldn't be too bad to feel a certain way about someone younger than you if they felt the same way, right?

I started getting really unfocused as I was trying to draw the eyes- her eyes. They had to be perfect. Completely perfect. If they weren't, it'd screw everything up. I had started to think about how they'd look lit up, like if I made her happy or how they'd look when she'd smile at me, then I started thinking about her lips when they'd curve into a small, sleepy smile, which of course made me start to wonder how it'd feel to kiss her and if she'd like kissing me and how it would feel if I could just get that one little kiss, just one little sweet-

I snapped back into reality when I felt the lead of my pencil break after I put why too much pressure on it. I bit my lip when I saw that I had been drawing more and more of her face in such detail without realizing it. There was a big blackish-silvery mark from where I broke the lead at the corner of her mouth and I frowned. Great.

"Gerard? Is everything okay?" She asked softly from behind me on her bed. I blushed bright red and turned around slowly, trying to smile normally.

"Uh, yeah. I just accidentally broke my pencil." I chuckled nervously, trying to push the thoughts I'd had about her out of my mind.

"Oh, I can go get you another one." She smiled softly and started to stand up.

"No, wait. I've got it." I smiled and went to my bag in the corner of the room and leaned over to grab another pencil from the small front pocket. When I stood back up and turned around, I saw her quickly look away, a light blush coating her cheeks. I blushed also when I realized I had just caught her staring at my ass.

I smiled a bit and bit my lip as I walked back over to the mural and started drawing again, trying to keep my thoughts under control as best as I could. Instead of working on the face again, I started working on more trees. I made the bare trees look broken, twisted- like you would see in a nightmare or a scary movies. After some of that, I started working on more of the red fog, weaving it in between the trees.

I felt her eyes watching me the whole time, so when I stopped to rest my hand and take a coffee break, I sat down next to her bed and smiled up at her. She smiled down at me softly, her tired eyes trying to be bright.

"Hi." She whispered and reached up to run her fingers through my shaggy hair, straightening out the pieces that were misplaced. I smiled and took a long sip of coffee.

"Hi, Ci." I said softly, watching her eyes watch mine. Her smiled broadened as she pulled her hand back to lay it under her head.

"I love it so far. It's going to be beautiful, Gerard. Thank you." I smiled wide.

"Really? You love it?" My heart swelled in my chest as she nodded sleepily and smiled.

"I really do." She whispered and I watched as her eyes quickly flickered down to my lips and back up to my eyes. I smiled and bit my lip before leaning up and kissing her cheek softly.

"Thank you," I whispered. "For saying that."