Murals Over Morals

009.

Gerard came up onto our porch the next day, around 4pm, ready to get back to the mural on my wall. His pale knuckles brushed against the wood of the front door as he knocked lightly. He dropped his cigarette to the floor, and crushed it with his foot, before pushing it off the porch. His hands slid back into his pockets, as he looked around. He heard little movement from behind the door, and watched the world around our house go by. Some birds were flying over the trees, and the cold wind was blowing the tree limbs away from him.

The creaking noise of the door opening brought him back to where he was. He looked over to see my mother. “Oh, hi, Gerard, come on in.” My mom looked like she had been sleeping, and the rest of the house looked pretty dark, and there was no sound from up the stairs. Gerard usually heard my music whenever he entered, but now it was just silent.

He looked back at my mom, “Where's Cierra?” He asked.

My mom sighed and shut the door, before wandering over into the kitchen and asking him if he wanted coffee. “She's at the hospital. The doctor gave her some new medicine and needed her to stay the night over there to see how it would affect her. It's supposed to help her sleep, even for a little bit.” She told Gerard.

Gerard frowned. The thought of me being in the hospital alone upset him even more than the thought of him having to go into my empty room and spend the new three hours painting alone, with no one to talk too. He knew he couldn't go see me at the hospital.

“Well, I hope she's okay.” He said, as he took the coffee from my mother.

“She will be, you can go up and work on the mural whenever you're ready. I need to get back to bed. I haven't been feeling very well.” My mom said, as she turned off the coffee pot, and wandered back down the hallway. Gerard heard the door shut, and the sound of someone sitting down on their bed.

Gerard bit down on his lip, and got up, going up the stairs to my room that was in the attic. I had picked the attic for my room when we had moved in because with large, and spacious, and I knew it being so far away from the other rooms would help dim the noise I would make at late hours of the night when I couldn't sleep. Gerard opened my bedroom door, and sat his coffee on the nightstand. The mural was the last thing on his mind as he shut the door.

Walking over to my desk, he started to go through my things, starting with my music collection. Muse, Radiohead, Ramones,... Gerard chuckled and shook his head, the smile remaining on his face as he opened my drawers to see notebooks, and journals. He flipped through them, seeing that they were just ramblings and doodles from late hours when I couldn't sleep. He turned the dresser near the window and opened the top drawer to see my panties and bras. He bit his lip, feeling a little guilty, as he shifted through the dark colored panties, some made out of lace, others with bows on them. He couldn't help himself, he was a man.

He shut the door, shaking his head. He sat down on my bed, and laid back, shutting his eyes. 'Those were cute...' He thought, thinking about my underwear, as he crossed his arms behind his head, imagining how my soft skin would feel under his hands, under his body. He felt his cock twitch, and his eyes shot up. He grunted and frowned, standing up.

“No,...” He told himself, and picked up his paintbrush, and turned to the trees on the mural.

Image


I opened the door to my house, later the next night. Gerard was up in my room, packing up, getting ready to leave. I heard someone rummaging around in my room, so I slowly climbed the stairs.

Pushing the door open, I peered in to see Gerard. The bruises under my eyes from no sleep were even darker, and I looked even paler, and even more tired, if that was possible. “Gerard?” I asked in a quite hush, looking up at him. “You're still here?” I stepped in.

Gerard looked up at me, and bit his lip. My appearance obviously made him feel bad. “Yeah, I came a few hours ago... Your mom said you were in the hospital yesterday. Did the medicine work?” He asked me, but by the way I looked he could tell it hadn't.

“It never does.” I chuckled. “My mom is still asleep, would you stay awhile longer? I haven't had anyone to talk to since yesterday morning.” I frowned and sat down on my bed. I looked down at the covers, and from the ripples in the sheets, I could tell her had laid on it. I looked back up at him.

“Yes, yes, of course.” He nodded and sat at the foot of my bed.

I looked up at the mural, “It's coming out so good...” I told him, looking up at him. The trees were all painted in, dark, and shadowed. They looked hollow, and the tree limbs seemed to be reaching out to you, as if the darkness in the painting wanted you. “So good...” I repeated and rubbed my eyes. Gerard frowned and scooted closer, “I'm so tired...” I whined, started to cry. I couldn't help it. My body was aching, but I couldn't keep my eyelids shut. Tears streaked down my cheeks.

“Ci...” Gerard frowned and pulled me into his arms. I sobbed and shook, pain running through my bones. He frowned and stroked my back and kissed my forehead as he hugged me tightly. I felt the smooth silk of his button up shirt and ran my hands over it, over his sides. He slowly laid us down. “It's going to be alright...” He whispered and I hid my face in his chest, blocking out the light from the room. I sighed and sniffled, grasping his sides tightly, as if I was about to fall apart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it so long!