Used and Abused

Chapter Two:

As we walked down the sidewalk, I asked her, "Where do you wanna go?"

"Can we go to the park?"

"Wherever you want."

We went through an alley, a shortcut to Jensen Park.

When we got there, she said, "There's Baileigh!" She waved to Baileigh and Baileigh waved back.

Baileigh was a friend of Leann's. They were very close. Leann even trusted her enough to tell her about stuff at home, and Baileigh trusted to keep her lips "Ziplocked."

"Can I go play?" Leann asked.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Thanks!" She ran off.

I sat down on a bench. After about ten minutes, a boy and his little sister came. I watched as she ran off to play and he sat down next to me.

"Hi," he said and smiled. He had jet black hair and a lip piercing.

"Hello," I replied, keeping a straight face.

"I'm Taylor," he stuck a hand out, "Taylor Wilcox."

I put my hand in his and we shook, "Lara Jameson."

"I've seen you at school before, Lara."

"You have?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," he said. "We have most classes together."

"We do?" I raised both eyebrows. "I've never noticed you before..."

"I'm not surprised; you always looked so... zoned out. Like you're thinking about something. Except when Rose picks on you," he added.

Roslyn Carter (AKA Rose) is the popular girl. Everyone likes her, but no one does. She picks on me for no reason.

"Well, tomorrow I'll acknowledge you, Taylor," I promised and grinned. "I should get home now... My dad," i looked down into my lap, "he might be home by now."

"Why must you -"

"Nothing, I've just got to leave, okay!" I said loudly. "Sorry. Bye." I turned, "Leann!" She came running over, "We're going home."