Status: Being Revised As Of 6/7/2012

Right By Your Side

Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Today was the beginning of week three. Since I had talked to my mom, I hadn’t been doing well. It just brought up unwanted emotions. I was constantly thinking about what she said and what had happened to me. I wasn’t sleeping well at all. I wouldn’t go to bed until three in the morning and I would wake up around six in the morning. My eating habits weren’t the greatest either.

“Ready to go?” Andrew asked me. I was laying down on the bed as he finished gathering his stuff.

“Yeah.” I said tiredly.

“You look like crap.” He said as we walked to his car.

“Thank you. That’s what every girl wants to hear in the morning.” I said sarcastically.

“Maybe you should see a doctor. They might be able to give you something to help you sleep.” He said.

“I’m fine. I don’t need some stupid drug.” I said stubbornly. We sat in silence on our way to school, but after a few minute’s I noticed we were heading in the wrong direction.
“School’s the other way.” I pointed out.
“I know.” He said.
“So than where are we going?” I asked.

“IHOP for breakfast. You barely ate anything yesterday.” He said. As much as I wanted to protest, pancakes sounded amazing.

When we got there, the waiter took us to a table and we quickly ordered.

“We’re gonna be late you know.” I said.

“I’ll have my mom call the school.” He shrugged his shoulders.

“So what are we doing today?” I asked.

“Whatever you want.” He said.

“Can we go to the Botanical Garden’s after school? I want to take some pictures over there for photography.” I proposed.

“Sure. What’s this weeks assignment anyway, besides flowers?” He asked.

“Just nature in general.” I said.

“Cool. After we’re done there we can go on a hike. I’m sure we can get some good photos there too.” He said. as soon as the waitress brought us our food, we dug in.

“Where will we hike?” I asked.

“I know a trail behind our stables. We can take the horses too.” He said.

“You have a stable and horses? How did I not know this?” I laughed.

“Well the stables are away from the house.” He said.

“That’s awesome.” I beamed.

“Have you ever ridden horses before?” He asked.

“I used to ride all the time when I was little. Back when I lived up in Kernville my grandfather owned a few horses. Every morning he would wake me up early before school and take me riding.” I smiled.

“When did you move down here?” He asked.

“When I was about twelve. I hope to move back soon.” I said.
“Is that where all your family is?” He asked.

“No not necessarily. I mean none of my biological family lives up there. But the people I know up there is like my family.” I explained as we finished eating. When the waiter brought us the check I reached out for it but Andrew snatched it out of my hands.

“Hey!” I said.

“Hey is for horses!” He said as he pulled his wallet out. While he was looking in his wallet I snatched the check back.

“Hey!” He shouted.

“Hey is for horses!” I mocked and stuck my tongue out. The check was for twenty dollars even so I bolted out of the seat and headed for the cashier. But I forgot that we were tied together so I got pulled back.

“Going somewhere?” He smirked. I grabbed the rope and tried to pull him with me but he was too strong and it just made him laugh. Finally, he just got up and tried to go ahead of me. The entire way to the register we fought each other tooth and nail to get ahead, but somehow I got there first. I handed the woman at the counter the check and she rung it up.

“Twenty dollars please.” She said. I stuck my money out for but then just as she went to grab it Andrew grabbed me around my waist and pulled me back.

“Stay!” He said and put out his arm to keep me from going closer.

“Don’t take that money!” I snapped at the cashier. She looked confused but laughed anyway.

“Don’t listen to her!” Andrew said and pushed the money towards her again.

“Andrew you’ve already done so much! Just let me pay for this! Please!” I pleaded.

“No chance.” He said. I tried to get closer but he just used his arm to keep me back. The woman at the counter finally just took his money and we walked out. This was not the end of it though. I was going to find a way to give him the money.

*****

During school when we were walking to one of our next classes I had snuck a twenty dollar bill into Andrews back pocket. But he had yet to find it. School was boring as usual since we had such easy classes. As soon as school was out, we headed to the Botanical Gardens.

“So where do you want to start?” He asked as we walked in the gates.

“That way.” I said and pointed in a random direction. I photographed every flower that I thought looked cute. But I stayed away from any flowers that had bees or spiders on them.

“So what’s your favorite flower?” He asked me as we were walking.

“Orchids and Star Gazer Lily’s.” I said.

“Really? Most girl’s I know just like roses.” He laughed.

“I like roses but they kinda remind me of funerals.” I said.

“How?” He laughed.

“Well I remember at my grandfathers’ funeral there were just tons of and tons of roses. So now whenever I smell roses, it kind of creeps me out.” I said.

“Well I’ve never heard it put quite that way before.” He laughed.

“Oh look that’s pretty!” I said and saw a bright pink flower surrounded by a bunch of green leaves. I got a few pictures of it and then walked over to a small pond. I really like the reflection I was getting so I snapped a few pictures.

“Hey give me your camera and sit down next to the pond.” Andrew said. I handed it over and kneeled down.

“All right, just stare at the pond.” He said. I did as he said and I heard multiple pictures being taken.

“Ok, you’re good now.” He said and helped me up. We had been walking around for at least an hour and a half and my knee was beginning to hurt.

“Let’s go sit down.” I said and pointed to a bench.

“You ok?” He asked concerned.

“Just my knee.” I said and sort of limped over to the bench.

“Here put your legs over my lap and I’ll rub it.” He offered as we sat down. There was no way I was turning down a free knee rub so I moved my legs over his lap. After a few minutes of him rubbing it, it started to feel better.

“Does it always hurt like this?” He asked.

“Just when I use it too much. Sometimes I can use it a lot and it won’t hurt but I guess today is just a bad day.” I said.

“Did you do something to it?” He asked.

“Yeah, about a year ago when I was going river rafting, my raft flipped and I hit on a rock. The doctors said I had chipped part of my kneecap off but there was nothing they could do. So they just gave me a brace and some meds then sent me on my way.” I explained.

“Yikes, that sounds painful.” He said cringing.

“It was.” I nodded my head.

“How’s it feeling?” He asked.

“So much better. Thank you.” I said gratefully.

“No problem.” He said. Suddenly something popped into my vision. Thinking it was a bee; I squeaked and held on to Andrew.

“Oh my gosh, it’s just a butterfly.” I laughed and let go.

“I think you’re safe.” He joked.

“Shut up! I thought it was a bee!” I said lightly smacked his shoulder. The butterfly got closer and flew onto my head. My mouth was open in shock. I liked butterfly’s, but the fact that was still an insect kind of creeped me out.

“Get it off.” I laughed.

“It’s not gonna hurt you.” He laughed. It began crawling onto my face and I shut my eyes real tight not wanting to see it up close.

“Get it off, get it off, get it off.” I repeated quickly.

“Wait! Don’t move!” He said moved around a bit. By now it had situated itself right on the tip of my nose.

“Andrew!” I said.

“Just hold still while I take a few pictures.” He laughed. I heard few clicks as my eyes were shut.

“Ok open your eyes and smile.” He laughed. Slowly I opened them and saw that Andrew was smiling holding the camera. I smiled and he leaned back to get a good picture.

“Done yet?” I asked through my teeth. He laughed and nodded his head and scooted the butterfly onto his finger.

“Oh you two are just the cutest couple ever!” An older lady said as she walked up to us.

“Oh-uh-“ Andrew started.

“We’re not-“ I started.

“Let me take a few pictures of you two!” She said.

“Ok.” I laughed and handed her the camera. She looked so happy that I didn’t have the heart to spoil her happiness. She took the camera and took loads of photos. During one of the photos Andrew began to tickle me and I was giggling hysterically.

“Here you go lovelies!” she said and handed us back the camera.

“Ready to go home?” He asked as I calmed down.

“Yeah.” I said and took my legs off of him. He stood up first and helped me up.

“Hop on.” He said and turned around.

“You sure?” I asked.

“Of course I’m sure! You weigh like two pounds!” He said. I laughed and hopped onto his back. He gave me a piggy back all the way to his truck. Once we got home I insisted on walking because I really didn’t want to baby it. As soon as we got his room he made me lie down on the bed. Since I was bored I decided to play Draw Something on my phone while Andrew uploaded all the photos to his laptop and then copied them over to my laptop.

Andrew’s P.O.V.

Every few minutes I would look over at Lennox and see her playing on her phone. It was cute to see her get irritated at it or watch as she giggled. As I was going through all of the picture’s I couldn’t help but stop at the ones the old lady had taken. I must admit, she knew how to hold a camera.

I saw the picture of me tickling Lennox and smiled. She looked so damn adorable. Her head was tilted back slightly as she laughed and her bright blue eyes sparkled. I had never seen her so happy. I would definitely be printing this one out. When I finished with that group of photos, I moved onto the ones I took of her with the butterfly on her nose.
The colors on the butterfly made her eyes pop out even more. Her wavy hair framed her face just perfectly. And her smile was just simply beautiful. I couldn’t get this girl out of my mind. I loved being with her.

Once I finished with all of the photos, I decided to text my best friend Conner. I really needed his advice.

‘Hey dude? Can you text right now?’ I asked.

‘Sure. What’s up?’ he replied.

‘Well you remember the last football game?’ I asked.

‘Yeah, why?’ He said.

'When Lennox and I were up on the roof, I sort of kissed her.’ I said.

‘WTF? You kissed her? Like full on? 0.o’ He asked.

‘Yeah. And I liked it. A lot.’ I said.

‘But what about Macy? Aren’t you two going out?’ He asked.

‘Yeah. And I feel terrible that I kissed another girl but…I don’t know man.’ I said.

‘Well do you like Lennox?’ He asked.

‘A lot.’ I said simply.

‘Then go for it. Personally I like Lennox better anyways. ;)’ He said and I laughed. He’s just so awesome.

‘And what do I do about Macy? I’d feel like a dick if I broke up with her now.’ I asked.

‘Then stay with her. But you’ll have to break up eventually.’ He said.

‘All right. Thanks dude.’ I said.

‘That’s what I’m here for.’ He said. I set down my phone and looked over at Lennox. She had fallen asleep with her phone still on. Since it had been a long day, and I was sure she didn’t get much sleep last night, I decided to let her sleep.

About an hour later she woke up and we ate dinner with my parents. But once we were done we both got bored so we put on our bathing suits and went out to the pool.

“So what’s it like living with a guy 24/7?” I asked her. We only had our feet in the water since we hadn’t warmed up to it yet.

“Honestly, it’s a little weird. But I’m getting used to it. I think the hardest thing for me is just being around anyone twenty-four seven.” She laughed.

“You really do close yourself off from everyone.” I said. I guess I never realized how much of a loner she was. From the few times I ever did run into her, she seemed like the type of person who would be popular. I mean for one, she had the looks. And two she was just a sweet person in general once you got past her sarcastic exterior.

“I guess I’m just used to it. Even with living with my mom, I’ve just always stuck to myself. I remember when we first moved out here there were times when I would just lock myself in the bathroom all day and never come out. I’d take my music or a book to keep me busy and a pillow and blanket. I just did not want to see anyone.” She said.

“Why did you guys move out here in the first place? I mean it seems pretty weird to just pick up and move.” I said.

“I mom and met this guy and they started dating. Within a few months he asked her to move down here to be closer. So she did. My grandfather gave her hell for it. For taking me away from what I loved. But they broke up within weeks of us moving down here. I begged my mom to take me back but she didn’t want to swallow her pride and go back. So I got stuck here.” I said.

“Well for what it’s worth, I’m glad you stayed. Or else I wouldn’t be sitting here with you right now.” I said.

“Surprisingly, I’m glad I’m here too.” She smiled.

“Ready to get in?” I smirked.

“Uh it’s still cold-“ She was saying but I grabbed a hold of her and jumped in with her. When we surfaced she took a deep breath.

“You ass! I am so getting you back for that!” She smiled and splashed water on me. In return, I splashed her back and it turned into an all-out war.

“Oh look Macy!” She shouted and pointed behind me. As I turned around I felt her jump on my back and attempt to push me under the water, but she was too light.

“You little punk!” I shouted and purposely fell backwards so I could dunk her. We stayed at the bottom of the deep end of the pool for a few seconds. I loved the way her blonde hair just went everywhere. Her beautiful smile made her blue eyes sparkle like diamonds in the water. She looked up and we both surfaced.
“I really like you.” I breathed.

“I like you too.” She said still smiling. I couldn’t wait another second. I wrapped one arm around her waist and the other cupped her face. Our lips met and it was literally like fireworks. It was insane, I had never felt this with Macy. As the kiss got more passionate, we began to breathe heavier. Suddenly she pulled back and confused me.

“What about Macy?” She asked with her eyes full of wonder.

“Forget about her.” I said and pulled her back in. I pushed her up to the side of the pool and kissed her back harder. She lifted one leg up to my waist and I picked it up so she could wrap bother her legs around my waist.

She was so addicting. No matter how hard we kissed or how close were, I just wanted more of her. She was like a drug.
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually updated. LOL. You wanna know something funny? This chapter along with a few others have just been sitting in my computer for months.
Well, anyways, I have a few questions.

1. Would anyone like me to update again? I mean I don't have to, the chapters are perfectly fine staying on my computer. :P

2. Is there anything plot wise you want to see? Or don't want to see?