Status: Updates will be SLOW but she's ACTIVE

Amor Vicissitudine

Triginta Octies

I blinked awake, having the sun blind me through my window. It came through the window and seemed to twist the air in a way that made my head spin. Why was my head spinning? There was a weight over my waist and my legs were tangled in the sheets with someone else's.

I could hear birds tweeting outside my window and there were other sounds downstairs. A door was being closed and voices could be heard. What were they saying?

I heard Jaime say my name and then somebody else spoke. The voice was familiar, I'd heard it recently but I couldn't remember where. It was a hoarse voice that seemed happy. It sounded sweet and loving. Why was it familiar?

"Where is she?" The voice was getting a little closer, I could make out what it was saying,

"She's down the hall to the right. I think Tony's in there too." Jaime gave the mystery man the way to my room.

I was barely breathing as I listened to the footsteps as they traveled down the hall. They were moving so softly across the carpet. I could almost not hear them as they brushed across the floor.

The person behind me breathed deeply, letting out a soft snort. It was kinda cute and I almost giggled at the sound. The footsteps stopped just outside my door as though they'd heard me laughing.

I held my breath again and I could feel butterflies starting in my stomach as they opened the door. Why am I getting excited? Then it hit me; Austin was coming out to go dress shopping with me!

When he came into the room I stared at him, a little grin sitting on my face as he waved at me,

"Mon petite Fleur! You're so big!" He was nearly shouting, waking up Tony,

"Huh, wha.. Oh. Hey Austin." He mumbled into my shoulder as he placed a soft kiss on my skin,

"Yes! I am so big!" My voice was soft and groggy sounding as I joked back at him my hand reached up and rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of them. I sat up in the white sheets, stretching my arms over my head while trying my best to not wake Tony anymore, "So the thingy starts in like half an hour-"

"What thingy?" Jaime peaked his head over Austin's shoulder, having been listening in on our conversation,

"Doesn't concern you. Anyway Austin you can go like eat or something down in the kitchen while I get a shower so we can go get pretty!" I reached toward Austin, silently asking him to pull me up,

"Why are you going to get pretty?" Tony out his arm on my lap, keeping me from getting pulled away from him.

I stopped and craned my neck to look at him, a soft smile on my face,

"That, mon Cheri, is for me to know, and you to find out." Austin grabbed my hand and pulled me up, "And find out you will!" Austin pulled me to my feet, making sure I didn't stand too quickly and that I didn't fall onto the floor, "But for now it will remain a mystery!" I turned around and leaned over, kissing his cheek sweetly.

Austin turned and walked back out to the living room I watched him leave as Tony stood up. He came up behind me and rubbed my shoulders, kissing my neck,

"Go get nice and pretty, I'll make you something to eat." He mumbled quietly into my neck and his hands slipped from my shoulders down my arms until they reached my wrists, the fingers interlacing with mine.

His lips slipped from my neck down onto my shoulder. He pushed our hands up so they rested on my stomach and his fingers traced little circles into the large ball. Alexa started to kick and punch softly along her cage of a living space at the feeling of her father. She had begun recognizing the touch and feel of Tony's hands and was even starting to recognize our voices,

"I thought you were going to make me food." I interrupted whatever it was that he had been doing and I could feel him nod into my shoulder,

"Gimme a second." He continued to trace lines on my stomach, "Are you gonna let me come with you two?" I shook my head playfully and turned my head so I was looking at him and kissed his lips.

"You'll ruin everything if you come along. Just stay here and keep Jaime entertained, okay?" I pushed him out of the bedroom, "Now go make my brother and our guest food!" I slammed the door behind him and turned back to go to the bathroom and get a shower.

------------------------------------------------

Sicily slammed the door behind me and that was all I heard of her. I don''t like this. Her ex boyfriend showing up out of nowhere and them going off to spend the day together. Something didn't seem right.

I let out a sigh and walked downstairs to the kitchen where Jaime and Austin were posted up, making food and eating what had been made. Jaime was sitting at the island in the center of the kitchen while Austin was standing over the stove, cooking what smelled like eggs. He was humming the tune of that popular song "Call Me Maybe". I shook my head and sat at the island next to Jaime,

"This is kinda weird, don't you think?" My voice was barely under a whisper as I addressed Jaime without getting the attention of Austin, "Him showing up and them spending the day together." Jaime looked at me, his lips pursed and tapped my arm, nodding toward the nursery that we had almost finished building.

I glanced at Austin and got up, following Jaime into the spacious room that reeked of paint and Spackle,

"I don't like this anymore than you do." Jaime finally said after shutting the door as quietly as possible, "But it has to do with something that if you found out would ruin Sicily." Did everyone know about this?

"What do you mean?" I was, admittedly, confused out of my ass about all of this. Sicily claims she loves me but suddenly her ex comes around and they're spending the day together and I'm not allowed to know why because my best friend says so. Okay. What?

"It's something you can't know about. But it has to do with you. Tony if you tell her that I told you anything I'm skinning you alive. Okay?" He gave me a wary look accompanied by a strong pointing-to.

"Okay, fine. I won't let on that you said anything." I said, defeated by the compelling power of my best friend's glare.

"Good." He clapped me on the shoulder with a smile on his face that he wore a little too often, "Now! Let's go eat!" He walked proudly out of the room and back to the kitchen where Austin was still cooking.

I took a moment and looked around the room. The walls were half covered in spackle and half painted baby blue. We knew the baby was a girl but Sicily and I both agreed that having a pinky-pie girl was not our cup of tea. So we'd settled on half and half blue and pink. There was a ladder in the corner where somebody was finishing the spackle up in the corner of the back wall that was still being finished. We had decided to keep one of the side walls covered in mirrors and just paint around them to keep what Sicily had once held so dear alive. There were other tools scattered around the hardwood floor that we'd covered with a white tarp that had already been spotted with blue paint from Sicily and me having paint wars. I still had paint under my fingernails from the last one.

I let out another sigh and started to wonder if changing my life was worth it for a girl who was so much younger than me. Was it worth taking away the life she loved to keep track of one of my screw ups? I shook my head trying to get those ideas out of my head.

Do I really love her?
♠ ♠ ♠
This took like two months... I'm so sorry... I had vacation and my brother's wedding and so many different things to take care of... AND I SUDDENLY HAVE A SOCIAL LIFE WHAT THE FUCK