Status: Updates will be SLOW but she's ACTIVE

Amor Vicissitudine

Triginta Novem.

Tony’s POV
“What do you say we go get wastey pants?!” Jaime clamped his hands on my shoulders from behind as I hunched over the island, picking at my finger nails. I had been moping and pouting for hours; Sicily had gone out with her ex boyfriend to do something I couldn’t know about and I wasn’t too keen on the idea.
“Fuck it, let’s go.” Who says I couldn’t have a little fun tonight?
I leaned against the kitchen counter while Jaime went to change. I glanced to my left and could see through the slightly open nursery door my reflection. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was askew. I looked older. Just a few months ago I was able to go out and party and not have a thing to worry about, now I have a girlfriend and I’m about to have a child. Was I ready for this?
“I’m ready to par-tay!” Jaime chanted as he pushed me out the door and into the driver’s seat. I drove silently through the city, wanting nothing else but to turn the car around, until we reached our favorite club.
“Dude, I am not going to have you being a Debby-downer tonight. We’re here to have fun and get things off your mind! Try to lighten up.” Jaime rolled his shoulders back and lifted his eye brows as a group of girls passed us, scantily clad in fish nets and miniskirts. I had forgotten what it was like to look at another girl like that.
The music pulsed with the lights of the club and it seemed to move like a stop motion movie. Pink, blue, and yellow lights bounced off the walls of the tiny space. Vodka perfumed the room, sure to seep into my clothes by the time I left. I flashed my ID and tilted my head back as I downed a shot. I slammed the glass down on the bar top, hoping the alcohol would make me forget my problems for the night.
In a matter of minutes I had found myself immersed deep in the crowd of people on the dance floor. I had no idea who they were and I probably would never see them again. I remembered the last time I was at a club: the night I met Sicily.
I looked around me and into the faces of the people around me, all I saw was her. I looked down at the girl that was dancing on me in front and she flipped her hair. Her face was Sicily’s, and so was the girl’s next to her. I froze and the drink I had in my hand slipped and shattered on the electric, neon floor. My hands went to my eyes and I tried to rub the image from them, but nothing helped. I might of screamed because the people around me starred.
I pushed my way through the crowd, stumbling and getting obscenities thrown my way. I had to get out. The night air hit me cold in the face, such a contrast from the stuffy, sweaty air of the club. The side walk swayed. Damn, I was drunk. I walked half fell down the street, in and out of the golden-yellow glow of street lights. As I walked up the stairs to my apartment I fell and thought about not getting up. I would lay here and fall asleep and in the morning the mail man would find me, nudging me awake with the toe of his shoe.
I fell into the door and turned the knob, entering the pitch black room. I flicked on the light and fell over the couch. Funny, my couch isn’t here. After better examination I realized this wasn’t my couch at all. Had I been robbed? Was I on Punk’d!
“What the hell, Tony?” Someone was yelling at me from the bedroom. The voice was familiar and had such an angry tone that I had only heard once. Shit.
“Wh-what are you doing in my apartment?” I slurred and rolled over on the couch.
“Tony, you dumbass, I live here now. You moved in with Jaime. Get out of my apartment.” Stephanie crossed her arms, not finding the situation amusing.
“I need to find her.” Hiccup. “I can’t find her!” I wailed.
“Tony, what are you talking about?” Stephanie sat on the couch and put her hand on my leg. Her voice sounded less angry, but still stiff.
“Sicily. I need to find her.”
“Why do you need to find her?” I tried to look Stephanie in the eye but her figure kept spinning and eventually I just closed my eyes.
“I made a mistake. I said I loved h-her. B-but I don’t know if I’m ready to be a da-dad.” I said in between a fit of hiccups.
“Wait?! You’re going to be a dad? What the fuck did you do once I left you, Tony? You look like shit!”
“Steph… I’m sleepy.” I slumped over on my side and I felt a blanket cover me. A hand stayed on my leg and the buzz of a TV lulled me to sleep.
……
“What do you mean he’s with Stephanie? They broke up forever ago!” I shouted into my phone over the loud music of the Chinese restaurant. Austin gave me a quizzical look as he stuffed sushi into his mouth. “Yeah… Yeah, I’ll be right there. He’s going to deal with me first.”
“What’s wrong, baby mama?” Austin’s eyes were big with curiosity, it was so cute how much he seemed to care. God, I had missed him.
“Alan just called me. He saw Tony going into Stephanie’s apartment.” I clenched my jaw together, that bastard. Austin put a hand on mine.
“Well let’s go see what’s goin’ on!” Austin led me out the door, a friendly arm laid across my shoulders.
Even though my back and feet were killing me, I drove to Tony’s old apartment. I tried to think of an excuse of why he was there, but came up blank. Austin touched my wrist and I looked at my fingers, my knuckles were turning white because of my death grip on the wheel. I loosen them and locked eyes with him; they told me everything would be okay. I pulled in, parked, and was waddling up the stairs with my pregnant belly before Austin had even extracted himself from his seat belt. I burst through the door and Stephanie flew to her feet. Her mouth hung open in shock. A silk robe hung from the tiny frame, underneath purple silk pajamas were peeking out.
“Don’t even try to explain.” I spoke through clenched teeth, trying to control myself from jumping straight onto her over her coffee table. Tony slept unaffected from the commotion on the couch, a sleepy smile played over his soft face.
I flipped him over onto his back by the shoulder and his eyes flew open. He sat up, clutching a pillow to his chest. His eyes darted from me, to Stephanie, to Austin who hung back by the door.
“I can explain.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This was written by the lovely you-are-my-hurricane.tumblr.com You may go thank her now or whenever you want! She did amazingly! Send her some a lot of love and tell her what you think!