Status: Updates will be SLOW but she's ACTIVE

Amor Vicissitudine

Quadraginta Duo

I woke up the next morning, delirious and hungover somewhere I didn’t know. I groaned as I rolled over on whatever bed I was laying on until I fell off said bed and landed on my face. I let out a soft yelp of pain as my head hit the floor and groaned again, rubbing the back of my head with my hand. This headache was not going anywhere any time soon. I sighed and started to get up, opening my eyes to the blinding whiteness of the morning sun. The sounds and smells of food being cooked greeted two of my other senses as I pulled myself to my feet.

Jaime was standing in the kitchen, cooking himself some breakfast, “Good morning senor Perry. How’s that hangover?” He joked at me, laughing slightly as he stared down at his food. I shuffled into the kitchen and started to go through the cabinets, looking for the magical little pill that Jaime kept in the house, “If you’re looking for the hangover meds they’re in the master bathroom. Sicily’s taking a shower, try patching things up with her.” What?

“Patching things up?” I had no idea what he was talking about. Had I done something that pissed her off? “Did I do something last night?” My voice was groggy and tired as I shut the cupboard door and leaned against the countertop. I shook his head and stared at me, disbelievingly,

“You don’t remember, do you?” He turned his body toward me and leaned against the counter as well. I shook my head, feeling completely violated. “You went to Stephanie’s apartment.” That’s embarrassing. “Ci and Austin had to come get you.” And that just puts salt in the wound. “She’s still royally pissed at you, and at me.” He said the last part with a kind of guilty tone and ducked his head down, staring at the ground ashamedly. I gave him this look that said ‘Why you too?’ and he nodded, explaining everything to me, “I was supposed to make sure you didn’t get too wasted. And I accidentally got caught up in that girl.” I could tell he was feeling guilty.

“Okay. I’ll go see what I can do.” I nodded and walked to the bathroom, knocking softly on the door before opening it and stepping inside. The air was thick and steamy with shower water. I stepped quietly, trying not to get Sicily’s attention to the medicine cabinet to get the magical little pill. But, just as my luck would be, as I was turning to leave Sicily had opened the shower curtain and was now standing there with her arms crossed over her enlarged stomach. Her hair was dripping with water and it was running down her face and onto her bare body. Her baby blue eyes were glaring at me through the droplets of water and her lips were pursed into a thin line of anger.

“I’m in trouble aren’t I?” I tried to play innocent as Sicily shook her head, turning back and twisting the faucet until the water stopped running. She got out of the shower without saying a word to me and wrapped a towel around herself. “Would you at least tell me if you’re pissed or not?” I started to follow her to our bedroom, her still not talking to me until the door was slammed in my face. “Sicily, baby, come on. I fucked up, please just tell me if you’re mad at me or not!” She opened the door and motioned for me to come inside. I sighed and came inside, while throwing back a couple of the pills from the bottle. Sicily went about getting dressed silently and once finished turned toward me, crossing her arms again while cocking an eyebrow and pursing her lips.

“I won’t tell you whether or not I’m mad.” Why not? “But I will tell you that you won’t be going out with Jaime anymore.”

“What?!” I dropped the remaining bottle of pills onto the bed and stared at Sicily like she was nuts, “No, you can’t do that!” She turned toward me with a dead serious face and said two words to me,

“Watch me.”

I stared at her disbelievingly and shook my head, “You are being so overprotective! I’ll be fine!” I laughed and tried to convince Sicily to stop being my mother, “You need to take a day to yourself or something! You have been so stressed you’re worrying so much about everything! Here, why don’t I take you out to Boomers or something?” I suggested we go out and she just sighed, rolling her eyes and shifting her weight on her feet, “I’ll pay for everything so you just have to go okay? And it’ll be fun!” I tried to brighten her mood by acting happy myself, “And we can go on the ferris wheel!” She loved ferris wheels! It was perfect!

Sicily rolled her eyes again, nodding reluctantly, “Fine, we can go to Boomers.” I smiled and grabbed her in a hug, “That doesn’t mean you can touch me right now.” Someone’s touchy. I backed away from her and put my hands up as a type of surrender.

I went back out into the living room and turned the tv on. I didn’t pay much attention to the program but let my thoughts wander through the happenings that had just occurred. Boy was this relationship going to be tough.
♠ ♠ ♠
this took way too long and yeah.
if you like comment, subscribe, and recommend?
Por Flavor?