Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

No, Why Can't You Hold On?!

Mason bolted into the house before I had a chance to do anything. I looked back at Tepes. His breathing had begun to slow and blood was still leaking from his wound. I hopped back and held him close frantically, not knowing what to do.

"You'll be okay, Tepes," I whisper.

He shakes his head and pulls my face up weakly. "Lexa, I won't make it this time. I'm an old dog... Please, just do everything I say, okay?" he says.

My eyes grow wider and tears threaten, real tears. I nod. He smiles slightly and says, "When you and the boy leave, go to the karaoke club in the bad part of Newport, Rhode Island. Go to the guy at the front counter with blue hair and a tattoo of Billy Mays... Tell him that the wolf's been put down. He'll take you to a back room. Take... Everything. There will be a book full of contacts and advise.... Call one man in the contacts, Chad Sawyer.... Tell him I always loved him. Promis me you'll do this, Lexa."

I nod violently and hold him close. "I promise. I promise," I whisper, my breath becoming shaky.

"Good. Remember that I love you, and that the boy in there really does care. Good luck, dingle," he whispers, his eyes closing.

He goes limp in my arms and I can't breathe. "No... No, no, no! Tepes, please, come back! I can't do this without you," I sob, tears streaming down my cheeks like little rivers. I hold him closer and know that I'm covered in his blood by now, but I don't care.

I step out of the car. I need Mason. Before I can even take a step, I fall onto my knees and vomit violently. I know it's blood. I haven't eaten in days, it has to be.

I pull myself away from the vomit before I crumple and scream with sobs. My entire body is shaking and I know that every single person from a mile out can probably hear me. Maybe it's better that way. Maybe I can die faster if I give away my location. No... I can't think about that. Mason will need me. Now, so will Ella.