Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Never Again

Mason had come out of the house and carried me in. I couldn't breath, I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. All I could do was cry.

He carried me into a room and I guessed it was his. There were hundreds of band posters, most of which I actually like. He had good taste. I stared into space as he cleaned the blood off of me. I couldn't look at the blood. I had to keep my mind off of Tepes, otherwise... I'd snap.

When he offered to give me one of his shirts, I tried to nod. But I still couldn't move at all. Then he started to apologize rapidly. Over and over, he said he was sorry... And I couldn't hold back anymore.

"Please, stop! Please! I-I can't take this! Don't apologize! I could... I could've saved him! I could have been in there faster a-and taken the knife! But I didn't turn to go back in in time be-because I was too worried about getting you to safety! I should be the one that's dead!" I scream, gripping onto his hands, "Just let me die next time!"

He shakes his head and holds onto me. "Don't blame yourself. I'm the one tha-" but I cut him off.

"Just shut up.... I shouldn't have gone with you... I shouldn't have even danced with you. All I did was ruin your life," I hiss lowly.

"It was already ruined, Alex," he says, wiping the tears from my cheeks

I shake my head and hold onto him. I feel like I'm about to fall apart, I can't let go.

"Mason?" I hear a soft young voice ask. I turn and see a beautiful little girl with bright blue eyes. She must be Ella.

Mason turns, not letting go of me. "Ella. What's wrong?" he asks.

She cocks her head and says, "Who, well, what is she? And why is her shirt soaked in blood?"

I can't help but feel offended by what she said. Then again, I'm used to it. I pull myself closer to Mason, somewhat scared of how he'll respond.