Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Stay Awake, Lexa

Mason's eyes followed me as I walked past him slowly. I was unbelievably tired and dizzy, since it'd been about five days since I'd had anything to eat.

When I walked into the house again, I could practically smell blood, like the scent was caught in my nose. The silence was eery, and I just had that lingering feeling that something bad was going to happen soon.

"Make sure you get everything you'll need, and let the girl sleep. She'll need it," I said, turning towards Mason again.

He nodded and began to walk past me. Impulse took over and I reached my hand out, gripping his lightly. His jumbled thoughts streamed into my head, and I knew were on the same page. It was time to get out of there.

I let go and walked outside to the car. The backseat was blood stained from Tepes's body. I took a deep breath and felt another wave of dizziness hit me.

I reached into the car, grabbing the emergency box Rex kept under the driver's seat. I laid the blanket over the seat to cover the stain, trying to remember Tepes's instructions.

"When you and the boy leave, go to the karaoke club in the bad part of Newport, Rhode Island. Go to the guy at the front counter with blue hair and a tattoo of Billy Mays... Tell him that the wolf's been put down. He'll take you to a back room. Take... Everything. There will be a book full of contacts and advise.... Call one man in the contacts, Chad Sawyer.... Tell him I always loved him. Promis me you'll do this, Lexa."

Newport was a good six hours away from here. I didn't know if I'd be able to drive six hours without rest or food....

But I could always try.

The emergency kit also had a jug of water, a flashlight, some jerky, and a first aid kit.

I heard the door of the house close and saw Mason with Ella in his arms, bringing her over to the car and resting her in the back seat. He had the bags on his back along with his guitar. I helped him place them in the trunk.

"Do you have any stuff with you?" he asked.

I shook my head, suddenly feeling another wave of dizzy. "I don't need anything," I said, my accent making my words slur slightly.

His eyebrows came together quickly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I said, taking a deep breath. I looked at Mason and saw that he was worried. My instincts took over and I leaned forward, kissing his lips softly. "I'm okay, Mason."

He nodded, still looking concerned, and got in the car.

~~~~~~~~~

After an hour of driving, the dizziness started to take over more and I dropped my head for a second, causing me to swerve.

"Alex, pull over," Mason said.

"Mason, I'm-"

"Just pull the God damn car over! You're not fine! Pull over!" he yelled, his voice worried.

I bit my lip and pulled to the side of the road.

"How much sleep have you gotten? When's the last time you ate?"

I sighed, resting my head back. "I've had maybe a half hour of sleep. And I haven't eaten for, maybe, five days."

"That's it, I'm driving, and you're going to sleep and then we'll stop for food somewhere," he growled, unbuckling his seat belt and getting out of the car, coming to the driver's side.

"I can't move much. I feel like I'll fall over," I said, looking down.

Mason sighed and reached into the car, unbuckling me and picking me up like I weighed nothing. He sat in the seat and dropped me onto his lap. "Just hold onto me," he mutters, and we're driving once again.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOOOOOOO Mason's got some moxie now!