Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Steven

I cry too much. It's a simple fact. But I can't tell Mason that I'm not done. I have to try and be strong for this boy that I've lied to. He's broken, more than I thought.

I hear someone clear their throat in the doorway and glance over, seeing Steven. He looks, to be completely honest, jealous and hurt.

"So, is he your boyfriend now, Lex?" asks his soft voice.

Before I can answer, he turns and starts to speed walk away.

"Steven," I call after him. I flash Mason a look that says I'm sorry and stand, chasing after him with a shaky walk. "Steven, wait."

He stops and waits for me to catch up and then grabs the sleeve of my shirt lightly, making sure his skin stays off of mine. He pulls me to a supply closet, opening the door and pulling me in. The lighting is dim, but it's there.

"Please, just tell me the truth. Is he your boyfriend?"

I take a breath, thinking. "We've kissed, a lot... And he said he loved me, and I said it... But I realized that I didn't mean it almost directly after."

He scoffs and mutters, "So you lied to him?"

I feel tears at y eyes again. "Yes," I gasp out, covering my mouth to keep back any unnecessary sounds.

"Lex, I know that you didn't do it on purpose. But you'll have to tell him. And I know I probably sound like a jealous bastard right now, but he isn't right for you. I feel like I am, even if I'm not." Before I can try to respond, he keeps talking. "I could tell the second I saw you that you have a lot bottled up. I hate seeing you like that, so I went to go and tell you that I was here for you... Then I see you in his arms and crying on him and... It's kind of making me lose it. I still love you, and I feel like you'd be so much better off with me instead of him."

There's silence for a second, but it's broken by Steven.

He grabs my face in his hands and moves his face until it's an inch from mine.

"Tell me if you want me to stop," he says, and I can see his eyes now, I can see the tears rolling down his cheeks. He's shaking, his entire demeanor suddenly weak. "Please, just tell me to stop. I don't want ti end up hurt when you chose him."

I shake my head and close the distance between us, not thinking.

We whimper into each other's mouths, and I know that I have tears streaming down my cheeks once again. I ignore his thoughts. I never invade his mind... I can't bring myself to do it.

Is this considered cheating on Mason?
♠ ♠ ♠
WE'RE HEAR TO FUCK SHIT UP!