Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

At Least You Have Parents

The words in his head still shock me. When he walks away, I try to muster up the courage to run after him. I can't, not until I see him walk out of the room.

I start running slightly, my Vans making it much easier.

He is walking pretty slowly. "Mason," I call. He turns slightly, stopping. "You- I can't let you do this to yourself," I say, knowing he'll hear me and know what I'm saying.

He stood there for a second, then he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the school.

"You're just like everyone else, thinking I'm suicidal! Why does everyone think that?! It's bull shit," he shouted, just as loudly as Uncle Rex did and as angrily.

Instinctively, I whispered, "Please don't hurt me."

He looked down at me and pulled off his mask slowly, like it had been blocking his view from me. "I wouldn't. I don't hurt people," he says.

"I know, they hurt you," I mutter, "But, I'm not like them. It was this feeling I got when you were dancing with me... Like I could read you mind." He gave me a look that was pretty, well, hateful. I sigh and pull off my mask, which lets my hair fall freely into my face.

"You don't know me. Stop trying," he growls, turning away and starting to walk.

Darling child, if ever you have the chance to use your gift for good, please do it. Promise me? Please, Lexa, promise me, Mama's voice rings in my head. I look at Mason and grab his arm tightly.

"No. I will try. I promised someone that I love that I will use what I can do to help for good. Don't attempt to get rid of me, I'll be everywhere," I growl, feeling like Rex because of the way I've grabbed him. He's biting his lip like I'm hurting him, so I let go. "I'm sorry. But... Think about the girl, Ella. What will this do to her?" I ask.

"Make life a hell of a lot easier," he says, rubbing his arm.

I shake my head. "You know you don't really think that. She'd be crushed, whoever she is. So would your parents," I say, bring cut off by a loud laugh.

"My parents don't care about me, not at all. Of course, you don't understand what it feels like to be the child they wished they'd never had," he growls, his words stinging me much more than he'd probably intended.

I feel tears come to my eyes and don't even try to hold them back.

"You're right, I don't. But that's because my parents are dead, murdered. All because of me," I say, looking away and turning to walk away.