Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Tepes Found You

I walked aimlessly into the woods. Why had I taken that so seriously? He couldn't have known... I wipe my eyes and shake it off, muttering,"You don't care about him, you just met him. He doesn't matter to you..."

I sit against a tree, biting my lip and closing my eyes.

An hour past and I felt a burning in my palm. Not a fire type burn, like I was having a blade thrust into it. I gasped and bit my lip harder, ignoring the pain, but it didn't go away. I pull off my glove and examine the hand. Nothing but a red mark.

Come on, Lexa, you have to remember me!

I flinch and look around. I heard the voice as clear as day, like it had been in my head.

Of course I'm in your head! If I were there, you'd see me, dingle! Only one person has ever called me dingle.

"Tepes?" I ask out loud. Tepes was a friend of my mothers. He was a shape shifter and he could also cause you to feel both the physical and mental pain of others.

Yes, Lexa, it's Tepes! I found you tonight, but when I was ready to go and show myself to you, you were talking to this boy here. And then you started crying, so I followed him to see if I should kill him for you... And now he's unconscious and bloody.

My eyes got big, though I knew he couldn't see me. He could only get in my head because we established the bond when I was three.

"What happened?" I ask.

No response.

"Tepes, tell me where you are and I'll come find you," I say.

We're in the forest across the street from that Chinese place on 4th Street.

"I'm coming. Please, Tepes, don't let him die."

I won't, Lexa. I promise.

I stand and run out of the woods and find myself in the school parking lot. Sadly, at the wrong time.

Shelby and her friends are standing there, and Shelby recognizes my dress instantly. Her expression shows it. "It was you that said that?! I'm gonna fucking kill you," she shouts, and they rush at me. I don't try to stop it. The next thing I know, I'm hearing ten different thoughts at once. They kick me all over and I hear my shoulder pop out of the socket. One of them steps on my hand with they're heels and I screech. They back off and Shelby laughs.

"That guy you were dancing with, Mason... he's just as much of a freak as you are," she says, kicking me in the stomach and walking away.

I stand and feel the stinging pain in my shoulder, but I ignore it and dart to Rex's car. It only takes about five minutes to get there. I see a wolf sitting on the edge of the forest. It has blood on its back.

I hop out of the car and run over. "Tepes!" I shout, rubbing his head with my uninjured arm.

He cocks his head and I hear, What happened to you?!

I look around and say, "That doesn't matter right now. Where is he?"

He turns and starts to run forward, so I follow quickly. Sure enough, there's Mason. He's laid out with blood all over his arm and hand, a little piece of metal in it. He's got bruises, too. I know that he was jumped too.

I walk over and grab his clean arm, slinging it over my shoulder. I cry out from the pain in my injured shoulder, but I bite my lip and walk forward, carrying him to the car. Tepes is close behind. He's changed back to himself, a tall, skinny, black haired man with devilishly handsome features. He gets into the driver's seat of the car.

"Go in the back seat and tend to the boy with what you have in here. Don't wake him up quite yet. He lost a lot of blood," he says. I nod and pull Mason into the car.

He looks so peaceful, but even his sleep looks pained. I rest my hand on his face and hear his thoughts, even though he's asleep.

Just let it end... This has to be over with.

I sigh and brush his hair from his face. Tepes drives pretty fast and we're back at the house soon. Tepes breaks down the door and we see Uncle Rex passed out on the couch. Tepes holds a finger to his lip and we sneak back to my room.

He helps me pull Mason in and lays him on the bed, stripping his shirt off so he can get a better look at all of the damage. I turn away and start to change by myself. I don't care if Tepes sees me undress. I've seen him naked about two hundred times. I slide the dress off and change into some shorts and a Secondhand Serenade shirt. This will be a long night.