Status: An idea I've had for a while now. Please give me feedback :)

If You Dare

Awake

Tepes and I are standing outside of the room, arguing quietly. He thinks he should explain the situation to Mason. The last time he tried to explain something this complicated to someone, he ended up gay somehow. So, I'm going to explain whether he likes it or not. My shoulder is still throbbing, though Tepes tried to pop it back into the socket.

"Tepes, just stand watch in case Uncle Rex wakes up. He's been out for, what, fifteen hours? He could wake up any second," I say.

He rolls his eyes and mutters, "Okay, fine. Make sure you tell him everything."

I nod and open the door. Mason's eyes flash open and he jumps back. "Where am I?! What the hell is going on?!" he shouts.

I dart forward and say, "Please, be quiet. Rex would literally kill me if he knew that you and Tepes were here."

He gives me a look like I'm insane, asking, "Who the fuck is Tepes?!"

"The wolf," I say. Before he can interject again, I start to explain, my accent once again deepening for some reason. It had been doing that a lot lately.

"Tepes was a good friend of my mother's before she died. He came here with me when my parents were killed. He's a shape shifter, and he has psychic abilities... Just like I do. We were born on the echinocţiu de iarnă, which is basically the winter equinox. But, in Romania, it's a legend that it gives you powers. Some people think we're lucky, when we know we aren't. We have several groups and cults after us. I think one of these groups killed my parents for my power, but I haven't been able to find them. Tepes and my Uncle Max forced me into hiding, which means I'm not allowed to use my power... Even though I don't like to. Last night, I could have given away my location because it was used when your skin came in contact with mine and when the girls jumped me, which means that I and everyone that I've been affiliated with recently are in grave danger. Including you. I never meant for any of this to happen. When Tepes found you, he contacted me and I came to you both. I brought you back here to fix your cuts. I know what you tried to do. I'd known it was your plan since we danced. But I promise you, what you're doing isn't the answer."

He looks at me like I'm crazy again and says, "How the hell are you supposed to know? And what do you mean I'm in danger?! What the hell is g-"

"I just told you what's going on! I know it's complicated, but you must understand that life can't be easy! There would be no point in it if it were easy! You're not the only person who goes through what you do," I say, feeling my shoulder throb, and all of my bruises and wounds suddenly aching more.

"What do you mean? Wait..." He looks at me and his eyes grow somewhat, "You're hurt."

He sits up completely and his hand hovers above the skin of my arm. "What happened?" he asks.

"The same thing that happens to you. The same thing that happens to me almost every day... It's just not always the same people," I say. I feel his hand on my shoulder and wince. He braces his other hand on my other shoulder and I close my eyes, ready for pain.

He jerks my arm and I yelp, but it suddenly feels better. I open my eyes and look at him.

He has a sad, small smile and says, "I've had a lot of dislocated bones. I'm pretty much a master now."

I smirk and look at him. He looks confused as hell. "I'm sorry about all of this. I might as well tell you that I've been using this," I say, reaching into my jacket pocket and tossing his blade to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
>:3