Status: New chapter every week!

Mint Chocolate

2

The ice cream parlour was unusually quiet, only 3 couples were around and 4 other young girls eating chocolate sundaes while flicking through their fashion magazines and chattering quietly. I wiped my hands on my already dirty apron as I finished cleaning the last of the chocolate sauce that I dropped on the floor which landed all over my legs and white vans. That was going to be a total nightmare to wash out. I sighed as I rinsed the damp cloth and tucked a loose strand of my browny-red hair behind my ears. It was Saturday evening and work was almost finished, about 2 minutes left and I'd have to go to my sister's about a quarter of an hour away and help her control the kids at the birthday party Dancer had thrown for her twins, Roxi and Ray.
'It's your last two minutes, I'll take over for you after this cigarette.' Said Jan, the cigarette at the corner of her mouth. I nodded smiling at her while she stepped outside and held the lighter to the cigarette. I was very grateful to Jan for giving me this job, I was desperate for it. I had scraped just about enough money to pay for rent and a few bits and bobs. But of course, one job at an ice cream parlour wasn't enough to live on and pay bills and debts I had myself into after not being able to handle life with a baby, I couldn't even handle my own life. I also had another job on Tuesdays and Thursdays part time at the local supermarket which left me absolutely exhausted by the end of the week. My days off were Saturday and Sunday which were the only full days I could spend with Maia.
I left Ronnie on the same day I discovered that I was pregnant with little Maia. After that, poof. He disappeared completely out of my life and four years later, here I am and he hasn't the slightest clue that he has a daughter.

I went out to the back as Jan came in, the sun catching her greying red hair I took out my bag and car keys from the small lockers.
'So, are you off to your sisters?' Jan asked handing me my envelope with this weeks pay.
'Yeah, I don't even wanna go.' I said resting my chin on hand just as my phone started to ring.

'Spirit! Please! Get here now!' It was hard to distinguish her over the screaming of the little toddlers.
'But I haven't even got my clothes on me and my phones almost dead -'
'I'll let you borrow a charger! You can wear any of my clothes just please! Help me!' She said in an over dramatic voice as if she was near death.
I sighed. 'Okay, I'm on my way.'
'Bye Jan.'
'See ya, Monday.' She said smiling.
I pushed the through the heavy doors and walked round to the car park down to my car.

*
Dancer had done a great job decorating the place. Her 3 bedroom house was reasonably large and was big enough to hold a party but when there are about 10 - 12 little kids in here, it's so squashed and hard to move around. There were multi-coloured balloons on the floor and hung up everywhere, there were also birthday banners and confetti on the floor, mulit-coloured icing cupcakes were set out on the huge giant spotted cup cake stands, jelly pots of various flavours were put out everywhere, different flavoured fizzed drinks which is what most probably got the kids to act like this and bowls of different sweets and potato chips were also set out. The room was unrecognizable. Luckily, the adults hadn't started turning up yet and to be honest, I was glad as I was still in my work clothes, my hair wasn't done and I had no make up on.
I walked past the tiny little kids as I went into the kitchen looking for Josh, Dancer's on and off boyfriend and Roxi and Ray's father. The kitchen was an organised mess. The lights were on bright and the windows open, curtains back and the product she used to clean the floor left the subtle smell of lemon. On the island were bags and bags of chips, pretzels and other unhealthy snacks, plastic cups red wine bottles, party poppers, plastic bowls among various other items. Josh was reaching up into the cupboard, he was wearing a dark obey shirt rolled up at the sleeves, his tattoos on his arms on full show, he had on a pair of black jeans rolled up at the bottom and a pair vans, his fringe pushed to the side and a silver nose ring in his nose.
'Hey, Spir.' He said looking at me briefly, taking in my work clothes. 'You're here pretty early.'
'Yeah, Dance asked me to come earlier. I didn't even have time to go clean up.' I shrugged.
'You're more than welcome to use the shower,' He said before he called Dance of=ver the creeching of the little kids coming from the living room. 'Dance, found it!'
'OKAY! Be right down, is Spirit here yet?' I head, managing to make out what she said.
'I'm here!'
'Come up, hun.'
I waved at Josh as he smiled, holding the little green pack with a white cross on the front; what I'm guessing was a first aid kit. I quickly made my way up the stairs and past the rooms to the master bedroom at the end, where Dancer was.
She had tipped the bedroom upside down looking for what was meant to be the first aid kit. Her long black dyed hair with blonde dip dyed ends was tied up quite high, her fringe clipped back in a quick with a few strands let loose around the sides framing her face. She was wearing a strapless red and white polka dot mini dress with a pair of flip flops on her feet, dressing the whole outfit down. She was probably going to change her shoes and throw on a few accessories on later or something.
'These kids are making my brains boil up in my head are pour out as neon green toxic residue!' She said bulging her eyes out of her head exaggeratedly.
She blew out placing her hands on her hips and cocking her head to the side.
'Spir, you can go and have a shower and pick any outfit you want! Thanks so much,' She said throwing her arms around me 'But after the shower, they're yours!' She threw her hands up in surrender and hurried off.
I suppressed an eye roll as I went into my sister's dimly lit room which was an absolute tip. I picked up a few things off the floor and hung them up or put them in their rightful places before sitting on her bed and loosening my apron. I set it down on the bed beside me and pulled the elastic band out of my hair letting the messy mixture of cherry brown brown waves tumble over my shoulder.
I went over to the en suite bathroom and shut myself in there away from the racket downstairs, quickly showered and dressed.
After a half hour, I had on a pair of Dancer's jeans, and a tight black tank top. I let my hair air dry naturally and decided to add a simple pair of heels if I could be bothered to dress my outfit up and find a blazer in Dancer's stuff.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO! I have 2 subscribers, thank you! :D
Urmm, the story's quite boring so far but I guarantee some Ronnie action in the next!
:)
It's not edited yet, I shall do it soon though!

Jess xoxox