Status: New chapter every week!

Mint Chocolate

4

'No, I don't...think so...' I narrowed my eyes. Where would he know me from anyways? I had no clue who he was. He may have seen me from the ice cream parlour...that's a possibility.
'Hmm.' He shrugged. He wore a dark sleeveless shirt with a horrific gory design on the front, a silver ring in his nose and tattoos ran up his arm. His dark hair was an absolute disgrace.
'So, do you want this back or...?' I reached over for it, I was hoping that I wouldn't make a complete imbecile of myself and that's when Josh came and saved the day.
'Jacky, stop chatting girls up and bring the amp here.'
I almost felt bad but then again, he is the guy here after all and I lack body strength.
I followed them both to the stage on the back end of the bar. A drum kit was set up along with 2 microphones at the front. Multiple wires lay across the floor of the small stage and there a few guitars on stands.
The lanky guy named Jacky set the amp down on the floor beside a few other amps and I stood on my own beside the stage as Josh and Jacky plugged things into the amp.
Awkwardly, I crossed my arms and looked around. The lights were setting a dim, warm red and leaving quite a 'frightening' environment. It was a little frightening for me anyways, I felt completely out of place and under dressed in skinny jeans and a tank top. Here, everyone seemed to dress a bit more to the rocker side. Dark jeans - leather, ripped; the vast majority of the guys had long hair, there were even some with Mohawks. Almost everyone here had ink that was on show, the only tattoo I had was of a wolf on my thigh but that's not something I can show off everyday.
The girls were pierced or either tattooed - or both. They wore masses of dark eye shadow and eyeliner while I stood here with my previously dyed but faded out red hair and no make up.
Josh and Jacky walked off the small stage to where I was awkwardly standing.
'Oh, by the way. Jacky, Spirit. Spirit, Jacky.' I smiled.
'You mean...?'
Josh nodded, I looked at him skeptically. He laughed nervously and clasped his hands together.
'Right, let's take a seat so we can get down to business.' I followed Josh and Jacky weaving in and out of people and eventually to the bar stools, Josh sat in the middle I was on his left and Jacky on his right.
'Want anything to drink?'
'Urm, just a bottle of water please.'
Josh raised his arm to the girl serving. Her boobs were the size of my head, no lie. They were the first thing I noticed. And then it was her heavily made up face and her resemblance to Kat Von D.
'What can I get you guys?' As both guys ordered, I looked around to see about 4 other girls behind the bar who seemed to be staring at me. They whispered to each other. They were pretty...in a fake way.
'So, is this her?' The woman raised her eyebrows.
'Yes it is.' Josh said dragging out the 'yes' and the 'is'.
There was an awkward moment of silence. I smiled, the smile was barely visible.
'Natural beauty, she is.' She popped her gum and gave Jacky and Josh a pint of beer and a bottle of water before he handed it to me. She looked at me and nodded her head. 'Your girl's got potential.'
'You got any experience working behind the bar?'
'No, I-'
'Do you dance?' She asked.
'I've h-'
'You've got the job, be here at 8:45 tomorrow night. The girl's will give you a quick fix up.'
I stared at her blankly. Josh's phone rang.
'Yeah, yeah. I'm in the car honey, almost there.' Josh put the phone in his back pocket and gulped down the rest of his drink signalling with his head to the exit. I followed him out and watched him as he nodded politely to those he knew and waved to a few others.
'So, I'll pick you up at half 8 tomorrow.' Josh said unlocking his car so we could both get in.
'Your making it sound like a date.' I laughed sliding in to the seat and closing the door.
'Well-' Josh was interrupted by a man's voice.
'Sorry, to interrupt your date but Josh, aren't you staying for the show?'
I unscrewed the cap on my water bottle and took a sip as Josh continued talking to his friend whose voice sounded a little familiar.
Josh chuckled. 'It's not a date, Ronnie. And I can't I've got the twin's birthday party to get to.'

I spat my water out all over the dashboard.
Josh and Ronnie looked at me just as I started coughing. Josh hit my back lightly while shaking his head - he then rolled his eyes.
'Spirit?'

Oh, boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter up! It's short and crap because it was written at work and I wanted to post a little something!
So thanks for the comments from xXRememberTheDaysXx, AngerAndLove and ahhmonsters!

Comment? Recommend? Subscribe? Your choice!

Jess :) xoxo