Status: New chapter every week!

Mint Chocolate

5

Josh looked back and forth as he continued to tap my back getting harder with each hit.
'Long time no see, Spir.' Ronnie smirked.
I covered my mouth with my hand and coughed one more time.
Josh continued to hit me extremely hard. 'Josh...cut it...out.!' I said in between coughs.

'Yeah, sorry about that. Hi...' I said awkwardly, my voice trailing off at the end as I did a very short wave.

Ronnie looked...different. His hair was longer, darker. He no longer had piercings on his face. Somehow, he looked as if he had matured. I mean, it had been a few years since I've seen him, it could just be me. His upper body seemed bigger as if he'd work out. I could tell as his black shirt was tight over his chest and arms.

'You look good,' He exclaimed, I looked down at my lap then back at him and shrugged. 'Thanks, you do too.' He also looked down and chuckled. I'm guessing he was nervous. I could tell because of how he folded his arms, looked down and licked his lip.
Licking his lip was something he'd always done when nervous.

Of course, I still remember even the smallest details about him. He is the father of my child after all and Ronnie and Maia do seem to share a few things in common such as lip licking and excessive blinking when nervous or lying.

I swallowed unsure of what to say next, twisting the cap from my bottle. I was finding it difficult to do so as my palms were sweating and as a result, the bottle slipped from my hands and onto the floor.
I bent down to pick it up slowly and as I got up, hit my head. HARD.
'Ugh, SHIT!' I exclaimed while continuing a series of curse words while Josh sat beside me laughing.
'Only you, Spirit. Only you.' Josh playfully messed my hair up. I rubbed the back of my head where the throbbing spot was.
'It's nice to know you haven't changed at all.' Ronnie smiled.
Could I say the same?
'You here tomorrow?' Ronnie turned to Josh.
'Ugh, yeah. I'll be here tomorrow night. Spirit too. I gotta get going Ron, see ya tomorrow.' Josh said stretching.
'Alright,' He said hitting the side of the car twice before standing back up. 'It was nice seeing you, Spir. We'll catch up tomorrow if that's alright?' He smiled. I nodded.
'Later, Josh.'
'Right time to go back to the pack of miniature screaming animals of which two are my offspring.'
I rolled my eyes and he chuckled lightly.
I watched Ronnie wave and turn back while Josh turned the car and made his way to the house again.

As we rolled on home, I thought. And thought. And thought. I couldn't believe I had met Ronnie again. What a small world. A million and one things ran through my head. Does he have a girlfriend? Why is he in town? Does he have a girlfriend? Is there a way Josh might've told him about Maia? Oh, crap. Maia. Josh may have told him, he may not have known about our past. Or even Ronnie's past. His addiction to sex, drugs and women.
I couldn't tell you whether he loved me or not at the time. Because he could've but his addictions and desired lust got the better of him. At times I still wonder what life would've been like if I had helped Ronnie, if I had made more of an effort to help him. Maybe that's what he was in need of. HELP. He needed a motivation which could've easily been me and I could've helped him through the phase myself. But what if I wasn't enough of a motivation for him? He would've still carried on. And if he hadn't maybe Maia and I would've lead a better life.

'Hey.' Josh said softly as he parked the car in the driveway. There was already music pumping and people outside the house. I really did not have the mind to be in a place like that.
'I know about you and Ronnie. I asked him the story a while after you left.'
I looked over at him.
Josh released his seat belt, then turned to me, nodding.
'I didn't think he'd tell anyone. Out of embarrassment, shame, guilt. I don't know.'
'He definitely cares. I've never lost contact with him. He literally drowned in alcohol over you, he doesn't even know about Maia yet. I didn't feel as if I could tell him unless I asked you first.'
'I-I don't think I want him to know. I don't trust him to be honest, I know it's been 4 years but...he hurt me real bad.'
'You both hurt each other.'
I blinked back tears.
'Spir, Ronnie's a changed man,' He whispered softly. 'I can honestly say that he deserves to know from you about Maia, not Spirit's sisters boyfriends. He'd come back to you and there's no way he'd ever leave you then.'
'Josh, I don't think I want him back. After 4 years, I don't feel the same.' I shook my head letting stray tears fall and roll from my cheek onto my arm. I wiped them off and rubbed my eyes.
'I don't believe that.'
♠ ♠ ♠
ITS HERE :( Sorry it took so long and its short and terrible but I really wanted to post something.
Now that school's over I've got the computer for 10 hours everyday and hopefully this story should blossom! Thank you readers for of course, reading. Thanks for the comments and subscribers and criticism is needed so get yo criticism on!
(FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @jellygogodancer)