Status: New chapter every week!

Mint Chocolate

8

'Property Of Wikipedia
In 2006, Radke was involved in an altercation in Las Vegas that resulted in the fatal shooting of 18 year-old Michael Cook. While Radke did not shoot Cook, he was indicted on battery charges. These charges, combined with Radke's past troubles with narcotics and rehab, led to a sentence of five years probation. He failed to report to his parole officer and was arrested in June 2008, where he was sentenced to two years in prison. At the time, Radke was the lead singer of post-hardcore band Escape the Fate, which had released its debut album, Dying Is Your Latest Fashion, in 2006. Following Radke's incarceration, Escape the Fate kicked him out of the band and replaced him with former Blessthefall singer Craig Mabbitt.[9] Max Green, bassist of Escape the Fate, stated about Radke's law problems that, "First we couldn't tour out of the country, then out of the state."

Radke, had been on parole because of his involvement in a fight in 2006 that led to the death of Michael Cook. During the altercation occurred in 2006, Cook died after being shot by Chase Rader, one of Radke's friends. However the charges were dropped after Rader this could argue self-defense. But Radke was sentenced to a period of parole five years in Las Vegas and ordered to pay nearly $ 100,000 in restitution. Because of this Radke should be employed full time and attending a rehabilitation center consiciones that failed to comply. Radke had also failed to report to his probation officer. On January 15, 2007, he was found guilty due to a breach of his parole and his probation was revoked[17], and he was sentenced to eighteen months in prison. During his prison sentence, Radke was banned access from the music room, so he began mentally composing songs; tapping his knees to drum beats and then humming the guitar and vocal parts. When Radke was released in December of 2010, he got in touch with some friends who kept in contact with him during his sentence and formed Falling In Reverse. Since joining, Radke has had direct contact with fans through Myspace posting blogs about his new life in prison and his personal opinion about what happened with Escape the Fate. In one of his blogs Emphasis is placed on Craig Mabbitt (new vocals of Escape the Fate) referring to it as a false friend on tour and the band is only for convenience them.'

*

Tuesday afternoon, I had 20 minutes until my lunch break. Both Monday and up till now, the parlour was rather quiet and few people had shown up. The weather wasn't as hot as it usually was, the clouds were dark and looming over us threatening to pour down with rain. This terrible weather really was reflecting my mood. I felt dull, grey, bored and just absolutely cranky. I wanted to spend all day snuggled up at home with Maia drinking hot chocolate and watching her favorite Disney movies rather than being stuck in this damn place. Of course, that was impossible.

All was quiet and undisturbed, each to its own. It was like communication did not exist, I had hardly talked to anyone as it had been so quiet that Jan served the clients. I put this free time to good use and gave the ice-cream machines a good scrub, I took care of the floor and took inventory. The free tables had been wiped down and I refilled all the little pots up with chocolate powder, sugar, chocolate shavings among other things.
Even after finishing those things, the day was dragging, it was still only 12:38 PM and I had about 5 hours left in the place.
I figured I'd use the last 20 minutes until my break to clear out behind the counter where Jan and I had left a left a lot of junk and over time, it had accumulated.
Crouched down, I picked up every useless piece of whatever was behind the counter singing quietly to the super catchy pop song playing on the old fashion style radio.
The little jingle of the bell above the door alerted me that someone had walked in. I quickly raised and dumped everything in the bin before brushing down my skirt and fixing my hair.

'Hello, what can I do f-' I swallowed.
'Spirit.' He smiled. I froze unable to register the man standing before me, I was unsure of how to react.
'I didn't know you worked here.' He sat at the stool, a long sleeved black t-shirt adorned his body.
'Yeah, aha. I work here...' I laughed nervously pulling at my ponytail, my eyes averting themselves to other customers, the counter top, the chair leg, the door; all in order to avoid his intense gaze.
Ronnie then moved his eyes away from me, looking round the place.
I swallowed feeling a tiny bit nervous although this wasn't exactly the first time meeting or seeing him again.
After a few (very) awkward moments, word vomit sort of seemed to take over.
'Your girlfriend's nice.'

I almost instantly bit down hard on my tongue. I cursed to myself repeatedly in my head as what I said to him made me sound jealous. And I wasn't. Not at all.
In fact, I was sort of happy that his life was taking a turn for the best.
I had thought at the time that he deserved all unkindness and all things nasty thrust upon him but now, I that I was not the only one who suffered. From what I know so far, Ronnie has been through a lot and I didn't want to still have a grudge against him after all these years. I mean, what's done is done. There's now turning back now.

Ronnie seemed a little taken back but chose to try and mask it althougha I knew him so well, I could tell.
'She's great, we're great. She's...refreshing.' He chuckled lightly, raising his hand up to mess his hair a little as a smile spread across his face. The corners of my mouth turned up slightly, I, unaware of this found myself also chuckling and from that we began speaking naturally to each other as if nothing had happened between us...only for a fraction of a second.
'We all need something rather refreshing in our lives.'
'And my refreshing thing just so happened to be a girl. Not my usual type. But she's...'
'...Refreshing,' I finished for him. He nodded.
'Speaking of refreshments, I suppose I should do what I actually came here to do. Get myself some ice-cream.'
After what looked like he was doing a whole lot of thinking, he finally spoke.
'Do you recommend any flavours? I want to try something new today.' He said looking at the menu. I awkwardly looked down and didn't say anything - but then felt bad. It was my job to help him choose his ice cream flavour as silly as that sounds. But before I spoke, he managed to before I did.
'Hmm, can I have a mint chocolate chip ice cream?' He asked smiling. I looked up at him. 'That's...'
'...your favourite ice cream, I know.' I looked back as I went to get his desired ice cream and caught him smiling at himself. He remembered.
'Here you go.' With a a half-hearted smile, I handed him his ice-cream.
He licked his lips. I watch him tuck into his creamy treat, shoveling half the bowl into his mouth.
I giggled discretely as I watched his face contort due to the cold against the inside of his mouth and tongue.
'That'th thucking colth.'
'Yes, Ronnie ice cream tends to be cold.' I raised an eyebrow playfully.
It's...'
'Refreshing.' We both said. A small sound escaped my lips, like a short and sharp 'hmm' sound.
Of course, it was not meant to come out as I was merely thinking aloud. And no, I am not going to say what I was thinking just yet.
'So, what's refreshing in your life?' Ronnie asked in a civil attempt to make conversation with me, unlike I did making myself sound like a total bitch.
'Well, urm...' I looked up curling my fingers beneath my cheek and resting my elbow on the counter. 'The new job at the bar, I guess. Urmm...meeting yo-' WORD VOMIT. Once again, I said something I shouldn't have.
'Same to you.' He licked his spoon clean and dipped into his bowl for more. 'You know...since you work here and I know you ever so well, do you think you can give me a little discount for like, every time I eat here because this,' He filled his mouth with ice cream again. 'Ith thome gooth stuth.' And by that he meant 'is some good stuff.'
'Sorry, that's not going to happen.' I said to him, a playful hint in my voice.
He pouted.
'On one condition,' Ronnie raised an eyebrow, amused at what I was going to say next. 'You have to give me something in return.'
'How about I buy you an ice cream? When are you on your lunch break?' He said pointing the spoon at me.
My heart fluttered slightly.
'Now...actually.'
'Then what the hell are we still doing here? Come on.' Ronnie handed me the emptied bowl, I stood staring at him.
'Are you serious? It's pouring down.'
'It's only a little water, what's it gonna do to you?'
'But-'
A guitar riff burst out of Ronnie's iPhone, he pulled it out and answered.
'Ronnio, here!'
He spoke on the phone.
I suppressed a smile and looked down timidly and pulled bits of strings.
I felt like a little girl in front of her crush.
Although Ronnie wasn't my crush, I was just happy that we were friends again.
The weird thing was that it wasn't awkward when we were alone, it was like we had never lost the connection we had...no, have.
But if I'm honest with you, there's absolutely no way that I'd ever go back to Ronnie.
We may be friends and on speaking terms but Maia had been my wake up call, I matured after I had her and hoped only to find someone who'd love both me and Maia when I was happy and settled and not struggling to keep us in a home.
'Spir, I'm so sorry that coffee will have to wait.' He said standing up and sliding his phone into his back pocket and getting up from his seat.
'Oh, it's alright.' I smiled...out of politeness only. 'Maybe tomorrow?' I suggested in a voice barely audible.
'I can't tomorrow.'
'Urmm...Thursday?'
'I can't then either.'
'Well, whenever you can or if you still want to-'
'Do you have a pen?' He interrupted.
I picked quickly moved a few bits and bobs until I eventually found a pen.
He grabbed a napkin and I watched the blue ink of the pen sink into the tissue and spread as he scribbled down some digits.