Skeletons In Your Closet

Chapter Ten

I awoke to find myself shivering in a tub full of cold water and the telephone ringing off in the distance. I quickly jumped out of the tub, wrapped a towel around my body, and sprinted into my room to get the phone.

"Hello?" I answered the phone, out of breath.

"April? Why do you sound so tired?" My best friend Jade asked on the other line.

"Oh, hey. I fell asleep in the bathtub and just like ran to the phone all the way from my bathroom." I said, trying to catch my breath.

"Well, I just got your message. And we're going out to dinner tonight so that you can tell me all about your trip. And then we're going out to a club. And oh, I'm like pulling up to your driveway right now," Jade laughed.

"But Jade, I'm naked!" I whined.

"Ooh, look's like it's my lucky day," Jade replied with a growl. "Ok, well, I'm at your door right now, and it looks like it's open, so I'm just letting myself in, okay?"

We both hung up our phones and I went to my dresser to grab some underwear.

"HELLO?? ANYONE HOME?!?!" I heard Jade, who was now in my living room, yell.

"I'm in my room, come on up!" I yelled back.

I put on my undies and my bra right as Jade walked up the stairs and into my room.

"Damnit!! I thought I was gonna get to see you naked!! Guess I'll just have to wait until later tonight," Jade sounded sad as she came up to me and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Oh my god, I haven't seen you in such a long time!" I squealed as I hugged her back. "Here, let me get ready and then we can leave, okay?"

When we were finally already to leave, I grabbed a purse and shoved fifty dollars in cash in it, my Visa card, my ID, my cell phone, and some lip gloss. I grabbed my keys and we got into my brand new sparkly purple Mustang convertible that I had gotten at the beginning of the summer, right after my Trans Am had overheated and almost blown up one day.

We went to a small Chinese restaurant for dinner, where I told Jade all about my trip back home. After about an hour of eating and chatting, we left the restaurant and headed to our favorite club. I parked the car and we went around to the front, only to recognize a huge line to get in, which was kind of unusual since it was a pretty underground, unknown place.

After waiting in line for about thirty minutes, we overheard some other people in line talking and realized what the wait was about. Avenged Sevenfold was in town tonight and it was rumored that they were going to be playing a secret show at the club.

“Great,” I thought to myself, “just when I thought that I could get rid of Zack, he shows up at my favorite club.”

"April, are you sure that you want to stay? I mean, we can go down to that other place on the other side town," Jade asked, noticing the look on my face.

"No, I'm not going to let him ruin our night. We'll stay," I replied.

As we continued to wait in line to get into the club, I thought back to that one fateful night when Zack's and my relationship turned bad.