Skeletons In Your Closet

Chapter Fifteen

I quickly found Jade, who was chatting and drinking with Johnny, Jimmy, Brian, and a few other random people. Zack was nowhere to be seen, thank the Heavens.

"We need to leave," I hissed into her ear.

"But the party's just getting started!" she whined. "And besides, Zack said that he wanted to talk to you. And with Matt's and your little escapades, I don't think that you've gotten to that yet."

"Haha, very funny. But we need to leave. Right now," I grabbed her arm and pulled her off the couch and walked to the front of the club before I was stopped by a large bouncer.

"Excuse ma'am, but I have been told to tell you to meet Zack in the back VIP Lounge. He said that it was important," he yelled over the pounding music.

"Umm, we have to leave, it's an emergency. So you'll just have to tell him to call me or something," I made up an excuse.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but he said not to let you leave," the bouncer grabbed my arm before I could exit.

"Fine," I hissed, pulling away from the bouncer and making way into the VIP Lounge. When we got there, I told Jade to go back to the other VIP room and hang out with the rest of the guys while I talked with Zack. I promised her that I would make it quick.

I opened up the door to the room to see Zack sitting a table with a solemn look on his face. I closed the door and the music could no longer be heard as the room was soundproof. It was dead silent with the exception of my shoes click-clacking on the tile floor as I walked up to the table and sat down in the chair next to Zack. We sat there for a minute before Zack spoke.

"How could you, April? You go and fuck my best friend! But you wouldn't sleep with me when we were together. What the fuck is that about? Huh?" He yelled.

"First of all, Matt and I didn't 'fuck', okay? We were both drunk and just got a little carried away. And second, don't fucking go into that whole 'you-wouldn't-sleep-with-me' routine, because you have no fucking idea what I've been through!" I lashed back.

"What the hell are you talking about? Your life is damn near perfect, so don't complain about how much shit you've been through, because I know people who go through things that you can't even imagine and don't complain half as much as you."

"Oh, so being raped and beaten by your dad since the age of twelve isn't exactly something to bitch about?! Watching your father beat your mom and your brother isn't exactly entertainment, now is it, Zack?" I snapped back, starring down at the table after I was finished.

Zack grew silent for a minute before he replied. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was quiet, almost scared.

“I don't know. Because I was afraid that you wouldn't want me anymore. Because after you would figure out that I was just some white-trash rape victim, you would just leave me. That you wouldn't love me. I was just scared, Zack."

"I would never ever do that to you, April," Zack grabbed my hands as he spoke.

"When you went and cheated on me, it broke my heart so much, because I wanted so bad just to give you what you wanted. I wanted it so much. But every single time that we got there, those memories from when I was little would come flashing through my mind and I would get scared," I looked at Zack when I talked this time.

"I'm so sorry for what I did, April. I wish I could go back in time and change it all. But you should've told me, and I wouldn't have put so much pressure on you. But you should've known that I loved you too much to ever hurt you like that. I still love you," Zack leaned in and gave me a light kiss on the lips.

Surprisingly, I kissed him back and when he pulled away, I quietly whispered, "I still love you, too."
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
Maybe I'll write a sequel, what do you think?