I Am Polaris

8

"Here," Hank said, handing me a tissue. I pressed it to my nose and sighed. "What?"

"This better not happen everytime I actually try." Hank grinned.

"I'm sure it'll get easier Lottie." I smiled.

"It better," I replied, pressing the tissue a little harder to my nose, the blood was flowing a little slower now. Hank smiled at me.

"Why does Alex call you Beast?"

"It's my codename. So we dont get found out. Alex is Havok. Sean is Banshee," Hank said with a slight smile.

"So that's why Magneto is Magneto and not Eric."

"Yep," he replied, looking away. We were sat in his lab, he was taking a moment out from doing an experiment with a ball and a cup to help me with my nosebleed.

"What's Xavier's name?"

"Professor X."

"That's imaginative." Hank laughed and scratched the back of his head.

"Yeah I know. Well, his real name is Charles Xavier. We tend to call him Xavier though."

"Why?" Hank shrugged.

"Suits him better than Charles. I call him Charles now and again. He doesn't seem to have much of a preference." I smiled, then turned to look at the lab door as Alex banged through it.

"What happened?" he said, making a beeline for me and checking my face for injuries. I glanced at Hank,
who shrugged.

"I tried too hard and gave myself a nosebleed." Alex kind of relaxed slightly, smiling sheepishly.

"Oh. Well. Don't. Sean says were ordering pizza for tea. What do you two want?"

"Usual," Hank replied, watching Alex.

"I'm not hungry thank you Alex." Alex smiled and left without saying goodbye. "Um, that was weird right?" I said to Hank.

"Yeah. But I stopped trying to understand Alex Summers a long time ago," Hank replied, helping me off the tall seat I was sat on. He wiped the remaining blood from my face. "It's a little red, but looks alright." He said, refering to my nose. I nodded. "Come over here, you can help me clear a space for you to work."

"Oh that's okay Hank, don't worry about it."

"Are you kidding? This is for my benefit as much as yours. I don't want you messing my stuff up by accident." I grinned and conceded the point, helping him clear a workspace for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know. I know. Far too short to count as a chapter, but it seemed to come to a natural close =]