Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

15 - Garrett POV

When we finally finished, I packed my bass and headed out towards my car. 

"Hey Garrett. Wait up. I need to talk to you."

Turning around, "Alright. But can it be later? I was planning on going home and Skyping with Falyn. I haven't seen her..."

"Sorry. But I swear this'll only take a second. Rachael's home for the summer."

"I know John. We're talking again."

He studies my face. "Ok. But do you know what you're doing?"

I'm confused. "What do you mean? We're just friends. I have Falyn. And Rach knows that."

"Alright," John replies slowly trailing off. "Just...be careful. And tell Falyn that she should talk to us sometime too."

"Will do. She says hi, by the way."

"Well, we say hi too.", chuckles John. "Still, dude, you gotta share her. Can't keep her all to yourself. Imagine Pat's reaction."

"I'll tell her to call you guys, but I'm going now."

When I arrive home, there is another car already there. Trey's home! Oh. So no Falyn right away. Maybe later. "Trey!", I yell, walking through the door. 

He comes downstairs towards me. "Little bro!", he exclaims while ruffling my hair. "'Sup?"

Making a face at him, I reply, "Just had band practice. Was planning on talking to Falyn when I got home, but then I realized some old dude came home..."

"Who're you calling old?!"

Grinning as I walk up the stairs, I call out behind me, "You!"

Hearing Trey go into mock rage behind me, I hurry into my room and shut the door just as Trey is about to tackle me. Ouch. That must've hurt. Mom's worrying from downstairs, telling us to calm down. I pull out my laptop and turn it on. "Hey. You at home right now?", I text as the laptop's turning on. 

"Yea. Monica's just about to leave. Who's asking? ;)"

"Dunno. Heard you have a really attractive boyfriend who's missing you right now."

"Oh. Him? Tell him that I miss him like crazy, will you?"

"He already knows. Can you get on Skype?", I ask, logging onto my own account. 

A second later, I get a call from Falyn. She's smiling when the window opens. "Well, isn't this a sight for sore eyes.", I say.

Giggling, she says, "Monica's still here! Mon! Come say hii to Gare!"

Falyn's perky friend's face pops into view. "Hii! How're you? Tell Fay to stop being a bore. Or come back so that she stops being a bore and starts going out more again."

Just as suddenly as Monica's face appears, she disappears. "She's kidding Gare," says Falyn sheepishly. "I still hang out with them all the time. If I don't, it's because I have studying to do."

I look at her skeptically. "Are you sure?"

"Promise," she says, rolling her eyes. "My professors are crazy." From behind her, Monica's trying to say something, but her words are muffled. 

We talked until my parents called us down for a family dinner, since Trey just got home. 

"Gotta go. Trey's home again. My parents want a family dinner."

"Ok, tell them I say hi!"

"I will, as long as you promise not to work yourself too hard, ok? Go out now, or go to sleep. No studying!"

"Fine, dad.", she replies sarcastically. "I'll call Monica kay?"

"Good. Love you. Talk to you tomorrow. Don't forget to talk to the boys too. They miss you. Bye!", I say as I put the laptop to sleep.

Walking downstairs, I finally think about what John had said. What did he mean? Be careful...of her? And of course, for the rest of the night, I couldn't get my mind off of Rachael. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Stay tuned. The next chapter is gonna be HUGE :D