Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

19 - Garrett POV

Tapping my foot nervously, I wait for the elevator in Fay's apartment. I hope she's here tonight. It finally arrives. And now some pizza delivery guy is coming here. Oh man. I kind of wish I had eaten before this. Realizing that he never pushed a button, I ask, "Hey man. You're going to the same floor?" He just grunts. Alright...I'll treat that as a yes. Suddenly, I had a brilliant idea. "Can you, by any chance, tell me what apartment you're going to?"

Giving me a hard stare, he looks at the side of the box. "14B." At least, that's what his grunt sounds like this time. 14B? That's Fay's apartment!

"Sorry. Is the order under Fay, Falyn, or Monica? And if it is, can I have it? How much is the order?", I ask as the elevator arrives at our floor. He walks out and shoves the box and receipt towards me. Handing him a twenty and a ten, I say, "Thanks. Keep the change. Good night."

And another grunt in response as he steps back into the elevator. How shocking. Well, here goes nothing. I ring the doorbell. "Pizza's here!", Falyn yells from inside. I make sure to hold the box up high, and to keep my head down low at first. 

When she opens the door, she's looking down. "How much do I owe you?" As she realizes that I didn't reply, she looks up. And her eyes dilate, her mouth forming an 'o.'

"Gare? Is that actually you or am I drunk and hallucinating?", she asks unsurely. 

Chuckling, I say, "It's actually me. I wanted, no, needed to come--"

My words are cut off as Falyn drops the food Just handed to her and hugs me. I bury my face into her hair before pulling back and bringing her face closer to mine. "God I've missed you so much," I breathe. As I pull her on for another kiss, I hear someone yell, "Fay! I'm hungry! What was that noise? Where's the pizza?"

Monica. I smile knowingly at Falyn. "Go," I say gently. "Tell her I'm here. And then...get her out because I want to spend time with my beautiful girlfriend."

Shooting an annoyed glance in the direction of her living room, she grabs the box and promises that Monica will be out of here in less than ten minutes. When she leaves, I head into the kitchen to wait for her. I can hear her telling Monica to leave, and Monica's confused shuffling. Then I hear my name. And and a few snickers. "Hi Garrett! You and Falyn...have a nice night now! Don't forget to use protection! Wouldn't want any unexpected babies now, would we? Although yours would be very cute, wouldn't they?"

"Monica!", shrieked Falyn. "Leave him alone! I'm kicking you out now. Take your food. Leave some for us."

"What? Leave food? How will you guys even have time for eating?"

"Mon!", sighs Falyn exasperatingly. "Just get your stuff."

When I hear Monica moving towards the door, I stick my head into the hallway. "Thanks for being a good sport Mon."

Turning, she looks at me. "Oh. There you are. Anything for you cuties.", she says winking as Fay pushes her out the door. 

Fay closes the door and turns to me. "So...where were we?"

"Come here.", I say. "We need to talk."

We walk into her living room hand in hand, and sit on the couch together. Playing with her hair, I think about what to say. "I hate being in a fight with you Fay."

Looking at me and cuddling closer, she says, "I do too Gare. But it's just...you're a country away from me, and your ex comes back into your life. I never worried about the fangirls because I know they won't really ever mean as much to you as the people who are in your personal life. But...Rachael is different! You guys were together for practically six years. It took you practically two years to get over her. And I know you love me. But I also know you loved her. Enough to have thought about your future together, and..."

"How'd you know that it took me two years to get over Rachael?"

"Please.", she says rolling her eyes. "You boys live off of embarrassing each other. Do you think they would let that slide?"

"Guess not. But I do love you. And I promise that you have nothing to worry about. I would never ever purposefully do anything that would hurt you. And I'll try never to do that accidentally either."

"Good.", she says yawning. "How long are you staying?"

"Saturday, 8:20 pm flight back to Arizona.", I reply. 

"What!", she exclaims, bolting upright.

"Next Saturday, not tomorrow.", I say chuckling. "I'm all yours for a week. But go to sleep now. I'll be here in the morning. Promise."

She sinks back into the couch and leans into me. "Love you Gary. Thanks for coming.", she murmurs as she falls asleep. When her breathing evens out, I carry her to her room and kiss her on the forehead. 

"Love you too Fay."
♠ ♠ ♠
A lot of Fay/Gare cuteness. Sorry. I know this rachael thing is taking forever. But I can't rush things. But I mean...you like Fay right? She's really nice. And in real life too. I like Monica lots. Hahahaa. But she doesn't appear much...