Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

29 - Garrett POV

She met someone today at Starbucks? The thought keeps running through my head as I pace back and forth on the bus. Who could it be? It has to be someone new to town. Otherwise, she wouldn't be so excited. Kyle. Ughh. I don't even know this guy and I can't stand him. She's my girl, my Rachael. I obviously hadn't moved on like I thought I had. She wants me to work things out with Falyn. Why? I kissed her. And she basically told me she wanted to. And then she told me to work things out with Falyn. But...what if Falyn's not the person I want to work things out with?

"Garrett?", comes a voice nearby. "Can you stop pacing?"

It's Sam. We all thought she had a thing with Dirk, but apparently it's been Kenny. She's been good for him. "Sorry Sam. Just thinking. I'll sit instead.", I say. 

She pokes her head into my field of view. "Is everything alright?"

"Ye--Actually, no. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure.", she says walking in. "It's about Rach isn't it?"

Slightly taken aback, "How'd you know?"

"Well, I was the one who picked up the phone last time. And. Why else would you talk to me?"

Oh. She has a point. "Does she ever talk about me?", I ask, getting straight to the point. 

"Actually, she tries her hardest to not talk about you. And when she does, she keeps saying that you're happy now and you love Falyn and how she shouldn't even talk to you because she doesn't want to ruin your life anymore than she already has." She pauses. "And I think that's bullcrap. She misses you. Like HELL. She just won't admit it to anyone, least of all herself."

"But she wants me to make up with Fay.", I sigh. 

"I don't think she does. I think it kills her to say that. In fact, I know that all she wants is for you to be happy...even at the expense of her own."

Shaking my head, "I don't want that. I want both of us to be happy. And right now...well, right now I want her. I don't know of she'll make me happy. But I do know that she won't leave my mind. And I need to know."

Sam smiles at me. "I'll help you as much as I can. I've never seen her smile as much as she does when she's around you. I can't speak to her for you, but if you ever need information, text me anytime. I'll try my best. And you'll repay me by getting your girl back and making, as well as keeping, my best friend happy ok?"

"That's all I want. Thank you so much. But. She's my best friend. I hope you remleber that.", I tell her jokingly. 

"Alright Garrett. Dream on. Well, I'm going to meet up with Kenny now. Go figure everything out. Good luck. And remember, I'm here if you just need information and stuff. About...yaknow...Kyle."

It's not even ten yet. Maybe I should go do something. But I know I'd never be able to concentrate. So I decide to sleep early. Maybe I'll know what to do when I wake up.

Rachael. She's the first thing on my mind when I wake up. And I still don't know what to do. The concert is tonight though. We decided yesterday to get everything there early, helping Moose and Vito out. 

We took our instruments and merch to the venue and helped the techs set up. Trey decided to come help as well. 

The earliest fans were already waiting outside, so we start soundcheck. Then our opening band did theirs. It was some local artist. They cheered the crowds up for us really well, and everyone went crazy when we came out. The LA crowd was fantastic, as usual. And we'd go home either tomorrow or the next day. Dirk will stay and go back to his apartment now that we finished all of our photo-shoots. 

"So.", said Sam. "What're you going to do?"

I just got out of the shower, and was about to meet the fans. "Uhh...going to meet the fans."

"Stop. You know what I mean. Rachael."

Tiredly running my hand through my hair, I reply, "I still don't know."

"Well, you better figure it out soon. She has a date with him tomorrow."

"What?! She can't. Please tell me you're joking. I won't even be home yet.", practically begging. 

She shakes her head at me. "Sorry Gare. It's tomorrow. Better find a way to get home."

"But we only have a bus!"

"Ask Dirk to borrow his car. Kenny and I will bring it back over the weekend. He promised me a weekend on the beach. We're at LA now, but we'll probably go to San Francisco over the weekend."

"Well aren't you two cute.", I tease. "But I don't know if he'll let me borrow his car..."

"Oh. Don't you worry about that. I can take care of it. When're you leaving?"

"Tonight.", I decide. "It needs to be tonight."

"Are you sure Gare? It's been a long night." 

"I need to see her. Please."

She bites her lip unsurely, giving me a concerned look. "I don't want you to kill yourself. Neither would Rachael. You can't wait to get some sleep?"

"No." I'm adamant on this. A plan was starting to formulate. "It has to be tonight."

"Fine. Let me tell Kenny. And tell Dirk to drop his car off at the venue."

Less than an hour later, I'm on the road. Rachael. I have to make sure she doesn't go on that date. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Gary is coming! What do you think his plan is? :3

I'll try to update better. Hahaha. It's just a crazy week. SATs and whatnots. Blah.

So did you like the chapter? xD read, subscribe, comment! ♥ xoxo.

P.S. idk if I'm gonna do the Sam/Kennedy thing. No inspiration rn...but we'll see. I wrote a one shot a few days ago though xD idk how to put links here, but it's titles yours truly ^.^ it's about Sam miller lead singer of paradise fears xD it's really cute. I think...hahaha