Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

33 - Garrett POV

"...I'm with him because I love him.", I hear her say. Rachael? I stay still to not let her realize I'm awake. 

"Really? Because all I saw was her causing Garrett anger and frustration. That doesn't seem like a couple in love to me.", says Rachael. 

After another pause. "I don't even know you! And you don't know me. You have no right to say any of that to me!"

I've heard enough of this. Even though I couldn't hear what the other end of the conversation, I quickly grabbed the phone from her

"Who is this and what are you saying to Rachael.", I ask angrily into the phone. With my other hand, I pull Rach closer to me. 

Monica is yelling at me on the other end. "Calm down Monica. My head hurts and I'm hungover. So I can't understand a word you're saying."

"Classy Garrett. Drunken sex with an ex. Falyn deserves better than that.", she says more audibly this time, with contempt in her voice. 

"Nothing happened Monica! She took me home because I drank too much. And so? She's the one who broke up with me. Why do you even care?", I ask back with just as much attitude that she had given me. 

And she's yelling again. I pull the phone a few inches away from my ears. Meanwhile, Rach is distracting me by pulling herself closer and playing with my hair. When the yelling dies down, I talk again. "I can't understand anything you're saying right now. So you can call me back when you're ready to apologize to Rachael and when you're calmer."

"Garrett. I need to go home. And I left my phone in the car.", she says when I hang up the phone. 

What? I don't want her to leave, so I don't  let go of her. "I don't feel well. I have a hangover, and my head hurts. I need someone to take care of me.", pouting at her. 

"I'll come back. But I need to get out of these clothes and get my phone.", she tells me. 

"No.", and I pull her back down to me, peppering kisses along her jawline. "You're not allowed to leave."

"Garrett." I can tell she's being serious, so I let go. 

"Fine. Promise?"

She rolls her eyes, giggling. "Promise."

When I hear the door close downstairs, I pull my covers over me again, letting the pain in my head lull me back to sleep, hoping that she'd be back soon. 

I'm woken up by a light kiss placed on my lips. "The beautiful princess wakes the sleeping prince.", I say, grinning lazily. Before she can react, I pin her down beneath me on my bed. 

"What are you doing Gary? I thought you're hungover and tired.", she complains. 

"Never tired enough for you.", I wink at her. 

I see a flicker of unease in her eyes, so I roll off of her. Pulling her into my lap, I ask, "Are you ok?"

All she does is bury her face into my chest, and I feel my shirt getting soaked. Is she crying? "Sweetie. Why are you crying?", I ask while stroking her hair. She shakes her head, keeping her face hidden. Knowing that she won't speak until she's ready, I continue to hold her and play with her hair. Then I feel her take a few deep breaths. 

"Sorry Gare. I'm a wreck right now. And I don't even know why.", offering me a shaky smile. "Is your head feeling any better? Or should I go get you something for it?"

"I'm fine sweetie. I just need to know you are."

"Of course I am.", she says giving me another wobbly smile. "You probably should check to see if you have band practice today. And where. Even if John's not here."

"I hope we do.", I say excitedly. 

She looks at me, confused. "Why?"

"So we can tell everyone the good news." Staring anxiously at her, I double check. "It is good news right?"

She smiles sadly at me. "I couldn't stay away from you if I tried. It was only a matter of time."

I frown. I'll take that as a yes for now. But I know I heard her say that she loves me before. And I'm going to hear her say it again, this time to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohshnapppp. Well, what'd you think? This ch is still of decent length. Hahahaa.

Read. Subscribe. Feedback? ♥ xoxo.