Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

Epilogue - Rachael POV

“So how do you like Paris?”, Garrett asks into my ears, his arms around my waist.
 
“You’re here. With me.”, I murmur back. “It’s perfect.”
 
He leads me into a more secluded place in the gardens and pulls me closer to him. “Is it real this time? Forever? The two of us against everything else?” He looks anxious now.
 
Is he still doubting me? God. I love him so much. I really hope not. Brushing his hair out of his eyes, “Forever. The two of us. I promise.”
 
He smiles now, but he’s still nervous. “Good. Because you’re perfect. And still everything I’ve ever wanted. So will you do something for me?”
 
“Anything and everything.”
 
Ohmygod. He’s getting down on one knee. Is he actually doing this right now?
 
Garrett looks up at me hopefully. “I know this is early. And I know we’ve only started seeing, well, even talking, to each other again a few months ago. But I told myself when I wasn’t even a teenager yet that you would be married to me. If you’re not ready, consider this a promise ring. But eventually, will you—“
 
I cut him off before he finishes asking by pulling him up and crushing him against me. When I pull away, “Yes. Yes. Yes. So many times. Yes! Did you even need to ask?”

"I wanted to do it right for you."
 
He starts to pull away from me. I frown. “Where are you going?”
 
Laughing, “Calm down Rachael. I want to put the ring on your finger. Most girls would want to see the ring you know?”
 
“But I only want you!”, I whine. But then I look down at the ring. Grinning cheekily at him, I ask, “Can I change my mind? Like, this could be a promise ring, and you can get me another engagement ring when I decide I actually want to get married to you?”
 
“I thought you didn’t care about the ring.”, he teases.
 
“But it’s sparkly! So I changed my mind.”, I reply, widening my eyes.
 
“Nope. I’m not waiting. You’re my fiancée now, and that’s final.”
 
“Well, I guess I could deal with that. Now come here. I miss you.”
 
“I’ve been standing right here the whole time!”
 
I pout. “Too far away.” Suddenly, a thought dawns on me.  “How did you manage to get the guys to shut up and not say anything to me?”
 
He looks at me sheepishly. “Well, uhh, I didn’t tell anyone yet.  Except for your parents. I called and asked permission.”
 
I pull away from him. “Awwwh. You asked daddy?”
 
“Well, yeah. I’m already stealing their little girl for most of the year, and overseas. It’s…the least I could do?”
 
I lean into him again, burying my face into his chest and smile. “Well, this little girl doesn’t mind. I love you. That family, house, and dog you imagined? It's ours."
♠ ♠ ♠
...and it's a wrap! hahahaa :D thanks to whichever 15 or so readers who stuck with me til the end :D and thanks to the 148 readers who clicked on my story. Lol. And my lovely 12 subscribers :3 not bad for my first posted fanfic xD you guys are totally awesome *__*

Special thanks to:
amIreallyME
heartless.melody
thisanyaa
pattyllama
it'llalwaysbeyou
My lovely commenters. ♥

I have a sequel to this! :D check it out? read? subscribe? feedback? :D xoxo. ♥