Sequel: Smoke and Fire
Status: Complete! ^.^ READ THE SEQUEL :D

Back to the Start

4 - Rachael POV

"Why the sudden change of mind?", asks Sam.

I hesitated. "Well...my parents are driving me nuts. I thought I could spend time with them, but they're always working. And so I'm bored..."

"Please," snorts Sam. "Give me a real reason. You have friends from high school don't you? Some of them have to be around. There's no way you're just 'bored.'"

"I am!", I insist.

"Sure, sure. Tell you what. Let's meet around 10. I'll take you out. And you'll tell me what's actually going on."

"Fine. Where?"

"Don't worry about it. I'll pick you up. Make sure you look hot. It's time to dance!"

"Where are we going?", I ask her suspiciously. "I'm tired."

"What? Sorry. I thought you were bored.", replies Sam. I can practically see her grinning on the other end.

"That doesn't mean I can't be tired!", I protest.

"Bullshit," she coughs into the phone.

"Hey! I heard that!"

"I know," she snickers. She's definitely grinning wickedly on the other end now if she wasn't already. "Ten. I'm picking you up. Don't forget to wear something super short and super tall," she singsongs. In a more serious tone, she threatens me. "If you don't, I will personally go through that closet of yours and dress you myself."

"Fine," I groan. "I'll be ready."

"Good girl. Love you boo! See you in a few!". Giggling, she says, "Did you hear that? I made it rhyme!"

I sigh, hearing the click on the other end. It'll be a long night.