Status: On the way :)

Feel

one

"Amy!"

The girl looked up from her book at the sound of her name being called. She paused, her hand just about to turn the page. She grabbed her bookmark from the dresser beside her bed and marked her page before getting up.

She heard her brother call her name again as she rushed towards the stairs. He began to yell it again but stopped when she poked her head over the balcony. 

"Shut up! Give me a second, for Pete's sake!" she exhaled a noisy breath, annoyed. "What?"

Paul simply made a face at her before saying, "We're going over to help Neal move in. You coming?"

Amy sighed, looking back towards her room. She supposed her book could be read later... 

"I'll be right down."

Amy's brother, Paul, was a hockey player on the Pittsburgh Penguins. Amy lived with him and his family just outside of Pittsburgh; she had moved there after completing university. She had wanted a change, and her brother had a spare room. 

Their entire family was made up of hockey nuts. They had watched games nearly every night growing up, and when Paul had been drafted, it had been a dream come true. Now, he was playing on one of the best organizations in the National Hockey League, and enjoying every minute of it.

As the two headed across the street, Amy's mind was full of thoughts about the new mystery Penguin. She knew he had been traded from Dallas alongside Matt Niskanen and that his name was James Neal... That was pretty much it. Her brother had met him briefly at the arena a few days prior, and had said he'd seemed like a nice guy. "Quiet, but nice." 

She knew it was tough for the guys to say goodbye to Goose, but she also knew they would make the new guys feel welcome. It hadn't surprised her that Paul had shown James the house for sale on their street, and was now helping him move in. 

Amy smiled as she saw Jordan Staal walking down the front steps and up to the moving van, followed by Tyler Kennedy and none other than Sidney Crosby himself. They all nodded in greeting to her brother, and smiled at her.

"Hey, Amy!" Jordan called, lifting his hand in a wave. 

Amy smiled. "Hey, Staal. Hey, Sid, TK," she added. The boys responded with mumbled greetings before disappearing into the back of the truck. 

Paul stayed outside while Amy wandered into the house through the open door.

The style was nearly the exact same as Paul's - dark, wooden floors, pristine, white walls - but the layout was different. Paul's house was three floors, whereas James' was only one floor, plus a basement. The living room was to the left as she entered, and the kitchen was a bit further down the hall and on the right. The master bedroom was on the main floor, across from the kitchen. She gingerly took a step inside the room. 

The bed frame was lying sporadically on the floor in the middle of the room, and at the end of the bed frame was a dresser pushed against the wall to Amy's right. There were a few boxes by the closet to the far left, and directly to Amy's left was a bathroom. In between the bathroom and closet sat another, smaller dresser with a mirror leaning against the front of it on the floor.

Amy whipped around as she heard footsteps enter the room. She was met with surprised, blue eyes, and she breathed out, "Hi." She quickly spoke again. "Um, you must be James." She stuck out her hand awkwardly. "I'm Amy."

The man's face changed from confused to content. His lip twitched up into a small, amused smile as he shook Amy's hand, his gaze still on hers. "Hi," he replied.

Amy took in his appearance. His eyes were a piercing dark blue, framed by long, dark lashes. They were soft as they gazed at her, and his hair was brown, dark, and messy. His smile was genuine and almost shy. He was tall and lean, but his arms and shoulders were well-developed and well-defined. 

They both turned as Paul and Marc-Andre Fleury stumbled through the door, carrying two boxes each. By the way Paul was staggering, the boxes he was carrying were incredibly heavy. The two of them set their boxes down, Paul panting, and turned to James and Amy.

Paul beamed as he saw the two standing beside each other. "I see you've met Amy!" James nodded, and Paul continued, "My sister. Sorry for the random girl intrusion, she begged to come along." Amy swatted him on the arm and protested as he laughed. 

James shook his head, smiling. "It's fine." His eyes met hers again, and he gave her a smile.

***

Amy headed downstairs the next morning, yawning. They had stayed out late the night before, helping James get settled in. She turned the corner to the kitchen, a small smile on her face, before she stopped abruptly. 

The man before her looked up when she walked in. She raised her eyebrows, surprised, and immediately felt self-conscious. 

"Your brother invited me over," James spoke up quickly. He must have noticed her startled expression. "I, uh," he laughed sheepishly, "Have no groceries." 

Amy nodded slowly before turning and opening the fridge.

"Batman? Nice." 

Amy blushed as James spoke. She glanced down at her pajama pants. "Shut up," she mumbled, pulling out the milk. She grabbed the cereal from the cupboard before adding, "I didn't know you were here."

James laughed quietly and shrugged, pointing his spoon at her pajamas. "I love Batman." 

Amy blushed again, keeping her back to him, and grabbed a bowl. She poured her food and the two remained silent. She glanced at him with a small smile before she turned to head back upstairs with her food. She nearly ran into her brother on the way. "Warn a girl?" she asked, eyebrows raised accusingly, before brushing past Paul. As she headed up the stairs, she heard him ask, "What did you do, Nealer?"
♠ ♠ ♠
:3