Silence of Our Voices

Chapter 8.

About a month into the whole underground city thing, something happened. Something bad, might I add. It was just like any other day, and by that I mean, Anthony coming over and being weird, Niki coming over and asking me what drugs he was on, and lastly, Josh stumbling in and giving everyone that look.

“I don’t know guys. I just feel like SOMETHING bad is going to happen,” I told them, turning from Anthony, who was skipping around my apartment. “Oh shit,” I mumbled, noticing the commotion up by the entrance to the underground from the future world above. There was a cloud of smoke and then....them, the outsiders, pouring in with their little ray guns and whatever else.

“What?” Josh asked, coming over to my window. His eyes got wide, and he gasped. “Oh shit!” he shouted. He spun around. “Code red!” he shouted, panicking. I started to hyperventilate, and I froze, not moving a muscle.

“Tegan, come on!” Anthony shouted, grabbing my hand. Still, I didn’t move. Anthony sighed heavily and picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder and he joined Josh and Niki in the elevator. As it descended, I slowly began to regain use of my muscles, and I scrambled off of Anthony’s shoulder.

“What are we going to do?” I asked Josh fearfully. He stared at me wide eyes, thinking. He sighed finally.

“Just run and hope for the best?” he asked, in a small voice I’ve never heard him use. I nodded and as the doors slid open, we began to run, but stopped short.

“Freeze!” one of the numerous guys with guys shouted. I stared at all of them, their guns pointed at us. Thoughts began to through my head, and I looked at Anthony. He was slowly stepping in front of me, and then my eyes flickered onto Josh, who was in front of Niki. I smiled a little, and hooked my fingers in Anthony’s belt loops.

“What are you doing?” I whispered. He sighed.

“Saving your ass....for now,” Anthony replied. He swept the hair out of his eyes. “We’re dead,” he mumbled. Oh boy, were we ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in while. This story had been giving me some major Writer's Block. So, I probably lost all my readers, but if there's anyway there's still someone out there, thanks for reading! And if you feel like it, tell people about this story? =D

-Em