Status: On the way :)

Oh My Goodness

tolv

Jess

"So where are we going?"

Gabriel smirked, throwing me a glance, then shook his head. "I'm not telling you, Jess."

I made a face at him and then sat back against the seat, trying to calm my nerves. I always felt nervous around Gabe, but now that this had been labeled as an official date, I felt even more nervous. I felt like I had to know the perfect thing to say, or do.

"Your mom's great."

I looked at him for a moment before registering what he had said. "Oh, yeah." I laughed awkwardly. "Sorry about that."

Gabe grinned. "She was awesome. No need to apologize." He smiled at me, and his eyes held mine for a moment before looking back at the road. I felt my cheeks heat up, and I turned to look out the window.

I couldn't tell if the silence that followed was awkward or not. Gabe turned up the radio, and I watched as he tapped out the beat with his fingers as he drove.

***

Gabe

All I could think as we drove was that I hope she enjoyed the night. I had planned it with only her in mind, and could only hope she was pleased.

As we drove, I stole glances at her. She was quiet, watching the scene pass outside the window. I smiled to myself as I took in her appearance; the green sweater that made her eyes light up even more. I had noticed it as soon as she had come down the stairs, and frankly, I felt like a bit of a loser for it.

***
Jess

When we pulled up to the Pepsi Center, I almost laughed. "You just can't stay away, huh?" I teased, and he chuckled.

"Nope."

We fell silent again as Gabe pulled into the parking lot. There were cars and people everywhere, but I had no idea what was happening at the arena that night.

When he found a parking spot, Gabe turned off the car and hopped out. I joined him at the back of the car and he smiled down at me as he locked the doors behind him. "Ready?"

I nodded, and he hesitated for only a split second before reaching for my hand. His fingers slid through the spaces between mine, and I found myself beaming as we headed toward the building. His hand stayed in mine until we were inside and reached the area where people were taking tickets, and he had to reach in his pockets to find ours.

When we got through, he handed me my ticket, and I read the printed words.

Bon Jovi
January 20, 2013
7:00pm
Pepsi Center


My mouth fell open and I turned to Gabe who was reading over his ticket. He glanced up, looking at the signs that directed you to the proper seat, until his eyes finally landed on me. He looked like he was about to speak, but stopped himself. He finally said, "What?"

I shook my head, looking down at the ticket and then back at him. "Bon Jovi?" I exclaimed. He looked a bit worried for a moment, but before he could respond, I had thrown my arms around his neck and was hugging him tightly.

***
Gabe

It took me a moment to process her reaction, but when I did, I couldn't help breathing a sigh of relief. I wrapped my arms around her, returning the embrace.

"So, that's a good reaction, right?" I asked against her hair. She nodded, pulling back and tucking her hair behind her ear, almost like she was embarrassed by her actions.

"Amazing," she breathed, meeting my eyes again. "Thank you so much."

I grinned down at her, reaching for her hand again. "Lets go find our seats."

***
Jess

The concert was incredible. We were about 12 rows back from the stage, and it was perfect. I couldn't believe it. All throughout the night, I would find myself looking at the man beside me, my heart racing with the mix of loud music and affection.

He would sing along, way out of tune, but he knew all the words. And I joined him, surprising myself. We stood throughout the whole thing, and by the end of it, my legs were aching.

As we left the building, Gabriel grinned over at me. "How great was that?"

I nodded rigorously. "Incredible." I was at a loss for words. Gabriel opened the door to the car for me, before getting in himself.

The drive home was pretty quiet. Halfway through it, Gabe's hand found mine, and our hands lay entwined on my knee. It was something so small, but it was enough to send my stomach into an uproar.

***

Gabe

When we pulled up to Jessica's house, we walked up to the door together. My hand found hers again, and she threw a small smile in my direction, letting me know she was pleased with the action.

I turned to face her as we reached the door, letting our hands fall.

"I had a really good time, Gabe," she said softly. I smiled.

"Me too. Thanks for coming."

***

Jess

Thanks for coming. As if I had been doing him a favour. I almost laughed.

He gazed down at me, and I felt my cheeks heating up. I looked down, and his hand found my chin. He tilted my face towards him, giving me a smile, before he kissed me softly. One short, simple kiss that left me breathless. His thumb grazed over my cheek before he said quietly, "I'll call you."

And the thing that made me the happiest, as he turned to walk back to his car, was that I knew he would.
♠ ♠ ♠
awww