Status: On the way :)

Oh My Goodness

åtta

Jessica

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, the rumpled sheets beside me the only reminder of the night before. I lay in bed for a while, staring out the window, a lazy smile on my face. I couldn't stop the hammering butterflies as last night's events ran through my brain.

Gabe lay beside me, his arm around my shoulders. I closed my eyes, but I could feel him watching me. After a moment, the fingers on his free hand began running through my hair, pushing it over my shoulder. I opened my eyes and met his gaze, my heart immediately skipping a beat. His lips turned up into a soft smile, and he gently stroked my cheek with a finger. In a moment of confidence, I drew my body even closer to his. He pulled me in, and snuggled into him as much as I could.

As he pulled me in against his side, warmth completely overtook me. The heat from his body and the scent that surrounded him was wonderfully overwhelming. My head was tucked under his chin, and my hand rested on his chest. I stared straight ahead for a while, feeling Gabriel's rhythmic breathing underneath me. It wasn't long before I found myself falling asleep in his arms.


***

I was worried to see Gabriel. How would he act? How was I supposed to act?

As I gained courage and rounded the corner into the kitchen, I could hear them all talking. When I walked in, all four heads snapped up in my direction. I blushed as they made comments about me and my beauty sleep. When I finally gained the courage to glance at Gabe, he was looking down into his cereal, a small smile on his lips. He looked up, catching my gaze, and my heart stopped. His lips tugged up even more at the sides.

I murmured my hellos and grabbed some toast. I absentmindedly listened to the chatter about the day ahead, but mostly I was acutely aware of my every action, wondering if I looked okay. Was he looking at me? Was he thinking about last night?

The questions rolled in, and I opted to sit in the living room and eat while watching TV instead. Matt called out to me to let me know the plans for the day, and they all disappeared into their rooms to get changed. I put away my plate and sauntered back into my room, my stomach still unsettled. He hadn't even really said good morning. What did that mean? I couldn't stop thinking.

When I was finally ready, the house was silent. I knew they were just outside on the pond, so I wasn't too worried. I just had to take a moment and brace myself before seeing him again.

I was surprised when I closed the door behind me to find Gabriel standing on the porch, waiting for me. I felt my stomach grow even fuzzier, and bit my lip as he greeted me with a smile. He shoved his hands in his pockets as we met halfway across the porch, and I blushed as he gazed down at me. I tucked my hair behind my ear and looked down.

"Morning."

My eyes rose back up to meet his, the simple greeting surprising me. The grin on his face was wide, and I found a giddy smile forming on mine. I tried not to sigh in relief. Instead I let out a giggle, replying, "Morning."

"Sleep well?" The smile never left his face, and I knew he was thinking about what had happened between us. I nodded in response, looking away shyly. It was quiet for a moment before he spoke again. "Hey, listen, I'm sorry I left." I could have sworn my ears perked up. "I didn't want Matt to find me in your room," he continued. "He would have assumed the worst."

I looked up to find him searching my face as if to see if I was angry or upset with him. "Gabe," I said gently. "Its okay."

He nodded, looking down before looking over to where the guys were already laced up and starting to skate. "You ready to go?" I nodded. As we turned towards the stairs, Gabe's arm snuck around me. He pulled me gently to his side, and pressed a kiss to the side of my head.

Gabe

I was so relieved that she hadn't been upset that I had left. I honestly didn't want to put her in the situation that would no doubt have occurred if one of the guys had seen us.

We sat side by side as we did up our skates, and I found myself looking at her often. Sometimes, she would catch me looking and blush.

After a while of skating, Matt began to nag Jessica about the fact that she couldn't skate backwards. Being as determined as she was, she tried - and failed miserably. I didn't tease her about it, but mostly because she looked adorable.

Jessica

"Need some help?"

My cheeks tinged pink as I heard Gabe's voice. Matt and the others had headed up to the shed, looking for the snowmobiles they had been promised. I let out a laugh.

"It's not as easy as you guys make it look."

He nodded, a grin on his face. "You're right, it's not. It's like second nature now, but at first -" he paused, and I could tell he was trying not to laugh at me. "At first, yeah, it was definitely hard."

I pouted, and Gabriel couldn't stop himself from laughing this time.

"Here," he said, a grin still on his face. "I'll help you."

I obliged, and Gabe skated swiftly behind me. His arms slipped around my waist, and he began to gently pull me backwards. As we began to move, I felt my cheeks flush at our close proximity. His front was pressed up against my back, and his arms were tight around my middle. I took a deep, shaky breath.

"You okay?" His breath tickled my ear, and I felt him press his cheek against the side of my head as he waited for an answer. All I could do was nod. "I've got you," he whispered before lifting his head from mine. My heart was going mad. He began to move us a bit faster, and I just let my feet glide along, trying to let Gabriel do what he knew so well.

***
Gabe

I could tell she was nervous as I wrapped my arms around her middle and pulled her back against my chest. I was testing her reaction, to see if she was okay with the close proximity. I hoped it was okay - I mean, we had kissed last night.

Her hands gripped my arms that were settled around her stomach as I began to pull us backwards. I bent down as I felt her take a deep breath, asking if she was okay. I pulled her even closer into me, my cheek pressed to her head as I waited for an answer. She nodded. "I've got you," I said as soothingly as I could, and I felt her relax against me. Success.

***
Jessica

After one lap around the pond, Gabe pulled us to a stop and released me. I immediately missed the warmth and the feel of his body against mine. He turned me around, and I looked up into his smiling face.

"You can officially say you've skated backwards now." As he spoke, his hand slipped into mine. He interlaced our fingers and gave my hand a small squeeze.

As he gazed down at me, my breathing became irregular. His eyes were so... pretty. My eyes slowly traveled from his gaze to his nose, and then down to his lips. What happened next was so simple, but it made my heart race ten times faster than normal.

Gabriel's head dipped, and he leaned forward, catching my lips in one, quick kiss. Had it not been for him holding me up, I probably would have fallen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yaaaay :) hope you all are well!