Status: Active! Comment even if you don't like it, please! It would still mean a lot! Subscribe if you did! XOXO, Errbear

The Soundtrack to Our Apologies

Sorry for Finding Somebody to Love

Adrian,
Let’s get one thing straight. I refuse to be another of those whining teenage girls who’s got her head in the clouds. He can break my heart all he wants but he will never, ever touch my spirit. Sometimes you have to make a decision: him or me?

Do I let this one guy take over my life or do I toughen up and do my own thing. I am happy to say that I chose myself. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for most of my closest friends.

How necessary is love, anyway? It doesn’t pay the bills, it comes and goes as it pleases and it enjoys making people fall. I don’t need that. But every now and then, I feel trapped.

I just gotta get out of this prison cell. Someday I’m gonna be free.

To some, I’m the girl who’s got it all. Nice things, nice life. To others, I’m that over-hardened Oprah wannabe with no heart.

They’re both right. I am messed up. Confused. Alone. However, I feel like I should be perfectly happy. I’m looking for something and I don’t know what it is.

So I’m gonna let someone else find it for me.

Can anybody find me somebody to love?

I think now is as good a time as any. I find myself apologizing often.

So, I’m sorry for finding somebody to love. And I’m sorry it was you.

And the music plays,
Jade

***


Iris,
I have a few things to say to you.

To start off, I don’t know you. And you don’t know me. And I want to keep it that way. Just because the guidance counselor says we should write letters to each other does not mean that we are friends. I am popular. You are not.

Next up, I love music. That’s the only way we are going to connect in any way. So this is how it works. We talk about my music and my music only. If you don’t listen to it, you better start. The better part of my musical repertoire is made of music older than we are. Queen is my favorite band, has been since I was little. I could listen to music forever and then some.

Last, when this whole pen pal thing is over, so are we. I’ve got better things to do than waste my time talking to peasants like yourself.

Each morning I get up I die a little, can't barely stand on my feet.

And every time I have to write to you, I will die a little more.

Your Royal Highness,
Jade
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of new story! Comments, suggestions, subscriptions and critiques appreciated!

Title credit: Somebody to Love by Queen :)
XOXO,
Errbear