Status: Inspiration needed.

Light of the Moon

Dragon

LEX'S POV
I felt Shane’s fur rub against my own as we ran side by side towards the old warehouse, my mum had finally convinced dad to stay home, and I still hadn’t figured out why... but either way, Shane and I were running full speed towards what is inevitably Jack’s doom.

I saw the old warehouse come into view and skidded to a stop. *Alexis?* I heard Shane’s voice, but I couldn’t respond. I saw the world fade to black and suddenly, I wa-

*Realm flash*
“Aww, c’mon babe, you KNOW that I never really die.” I heard a voice chuckle. “Who ARE you?” I honestly had no idea anymore. This doesn’t make sense. “I know it doesn’t make much sense right now, but hey... you used to love me. At least, you did before I died.” They whispered.

“Who... who killed you? And how can you hear my thoughts?!” I wondered aloud. “I can hear your thoughts because we are one, we have always been one. As for who killed me... you did.” I gasped; “No! I know who you are, and I’d never kill you! Shane? Please, come back! I need you!”

He laughed a sadistic laugh and the one who came out was not Shane, he looked like Shane, but he was the complete opposite. “I- you’re not Shane...?” I whispered... “No, you are quite right Alexis. I am not Shane, and you, you are not really here.” How can this be, I was right next to Shane when... “This is another realm, isn’t it? And you... you’re not my Shane!!” I realised that what I was saying was true.

“Well, well, well,” he muttered, “You’re smarter than my A, aren’t you?” I saw him looking me up and down hungrily, this wasn’t right, that was how Jack looked at me once. I closed my eyes, I blocked my thoughts and suddenly I realised that since this is a completely different realm, well... he was a different person to my Shane.

“Let me go.” I said lowly. “Let me go home, now!” He laughed; “As you wish, my LOVE.” He sneered.
*End realm flash*

“Alexis! Alexis, wake up!” I felt someone tap my cheek lightly and I bolted upright looking around, we were back in human form. I saw Shane and sighed, “Oh Shane! Thank God, it really is you!” He looked confused so I explained my realm flash to him briefly, “Shane... we have to go, we have to stop Jack, and we have to do it quickly!” I panted.

Shane helped pull me up and I looked at the warehouse, I realised we needed to become smaller.
“Alexis, what’s wrong? I can see you thinking...” Ahh, and here come the questions. “Okay, Shane, I know it may not make sense to you right now, but we have to become smaller! Change, and I’ll explain how to do it.” I watch Shane change into the massive wolf that he is and did the same myself. *Okay hunny, now. We are giant wolves, obviously, but we can become smaller about the size of a fox usually.* I started to explain, *Lex, how do you know this?* Gah, he is an annoying species. *It doesn’t matter, just listen!* He nodded his head in understanding. God.

*Now, focus on the moon. Think of yourself as a fox and only as a fox, you will shrink down to that size.* I knew he was trying but he couldn’t do it. So I told him I’d go first. I could feel the moon on my back and so I focused on the rays that were hitting me, I looked in my mind for a picture of a small fox and felt my body slowly condense till I was that fox... except with my wolf colours. As soon as I was done I looked over at Shane and saw how his jaw was dropped very low, so I trotted over and licked his chin causing him to snap out of it. *Your turn love... you can do this.* He closed his eyes and immediately relaxed, I don’t know what changed but this time he became a fox with ease.

*Well done babe! Now, follow my lead* I thought, and trotted off at a pleasant gait. We slowly got closer to the warehouse and when we were about 10 feet away from it I turned to Shane once again. *Alexis, I need you to explain what’s going on. Now.* I knew he wouldn’t like this idea much. *Shane, they would just overtake us if we were giant wolves, they’d know it was us immediately. Since we are going as foxes, we have the element of surprise!* I giggled, I saw him mulling it over thinking about it and decided that I’d better give him another reason to do it.

*Look, I know we haven’t gone very far, and this doesn’t make sense... but I’ll reward you well for it,* I winked, *besides, we can turn back into a full grown wolf in the blink of an eye. Are you with me?* Then he surprised me, he came over and gave me a very “foxy” kiss, and chuckled at me. *I am always with you Lex, always*.

I giggled at him and turned, barked, wailed, and waited for a couple of seconds before someone came to the door. As soon as it was open I dashed in and Shane followed me, I told him to play around like we were two love-struck foxes, which we kind of are... All of a sudden I felt a rough hand grab my neck and yelped in pain, Shane heard and rushed back over gekkering to warn the person who had picked me up.

“Well, isn’t this cute,” I heard Jack drawl. “Two little foxes in love!” He laughed. I got turned around and when I saw his face I pretended to get all excited and lick it. He dropped me in disgust and I fell on my ankle yelping from the pain. *Ow!!!* I cried out to Shane, he came over and licked my sore leg until I was feeling better. *NOW!* I yelled to him and grew back to my full capacity growling and snarling. I felt Shane beside me and knew that we had the upper hand.

Jack turned around and saw us but before he could do anything Shane had him pinned to the ground, I quickly looked around and saw Suzan fleeing as fast as she could. I felt something probe at my mind but I blocked it and growled menacingly, I saw my prey and jumped but before I got anywhere a huge winged creature came and stole away the brain (Matt). I knew we had a third assailant and searched before seeing a man with his back to me, I jumped over Shane and Jack who were now wrestling in their supernatural forms and tackled the man. I forced him to turn to face me and... “Broeder?” I was so shocked I transformed, why was my brother here?

“Broeder, why are you here? Why are you helping them do this?!” I yelled at him, but I could see by the glazed look in his eyes that he wasn’t himself. All of a sudden he grabbed my neck, strangling me, I couldn’t breathe so I gasped out; “Shane...” before slowly slipping away. Suddenly the hand was gone and Shane pulled me away to the corner where we huddled together as my brother looked at me scared and fled to God knows where. Jack started to advance but suddenly a massive blur stormed into the room again, reaching for Jack and I saw him nod at the creature before surrendering to its grasp as it tore his limbs from his body. I had been in pain more times that I could count because of that man and here I was bawling my eyes out, I didn’t understand the pain. I pushed my face into Shane’s chest as I sobbed from fear, as I felt the wind from massive wings I looked up to notice the creature was burning Jack to death, good, the bastard deserved no less. Once sure of my ex’s death the creature came and snorted softly at Shane and I, I looked up into the baby blue eyes that I knew so well and smiled despite our desolate situation. I watched Shane’s eyes widen; “Suzan?” he queried, and finally I understood what my long lost friend had become; “Dragon...”

I felt my body elongate and my hands pushed Shane away from me, but they weren’t hand anymore, they weren’t even paws... they were... wings? “What’s happening to me?!” I cried out as I felt my body go down onto all fours. Shane and Suzan just stared at me in shock, “Shane, Suzan..? What’s happened to me?” I asked again. My voice was deep, yet soft and lilting, a female voice.

“Alexis... you’re... you’re a dragon!” Suzan yelled! Her voice was high and chipper, very female... kind of annoying to my ears. Shane just sat there staring at me, and finally said; “What... how did this happen? Lex, you’re, well... you’re beautiful!”
I laughed at his surprised tone and turned to Suzan, weirdly, I couldn’t change back to any other form yet... I’m actually starting to worry.

“You,” I pointed at Suzan, “Explain.” So she told us everything that had happened while she was here, well, almost everything. I got told how I was a shapeshifter, and could become anything that I wanted to... So I changed to a hellhound, and then a vampire, I became a brain and got Shane to come give me a kiss.

“Haha, this is amazing!” I exclaimed, “I can’t believe this... but, why me?” I looked at Shane and Suzan and they both shook their heads. “I honestly don’t know Alexis, maybe you should see the Oracle” So I changed again, and said we should get going, then I realised... Wow! I’m a freaking dragon.
♠ ♠ ♠
7th chapter, and that's all I've written.
Any inspiration you can provide would be awesome. Next is a chapter in a new character called "Teilor (pronounced Taylor)"'s POV, it's about being reacquainted with someone... not sure who yet.
Kazlanne. x