Al and Mel

Chapter Twelve: Al

I stared at Cam as Mel just walked away. He finally let Riley go, but I still couldn't have him. He brushed his hand against my cheek," Are you okay?"

I twisted out of his reach and walked away," Yeah, I'm fine. We have English this period, remember?"

He trailed beside me, occasionally peeking at me when he thought I wasn't paying attention. I just wanted to hide. I know Mel meet it be good and all but it's so awkward. How do you tell your best friend you're in love with him?

Cam waved a hand in front of me as we walked into the classroom," Earth to Al! Are you in there?"

I swatted at him," Quit."

He poked his tongue out at me," Well if you'd pay attention to the conversation we were having I wouldn't have to try and get it back. I mean, am I that boring?"

I blushed and stared at the tile flooring of the classroom. "Sorry, I'm just distracted. Hey, you're my servant so you can't make me give you attention!"

He glared at me playfully," Are you sure about that?" Then he lunged at my sides and jabbed his fingers into them, making me giggle uncontrollable.

I laughed," Stop it! Help, help!" I pushed his hands away as we got a very stern look from our teacher. I ducked my head down in embarrassment while Cam just laughed.

The rest of class we throw paper balls at each other, getting weird looks from the students around us. It didn't matter though, because the bell was about to rang... Well, okay ring now.

Cam slung an arm around my shoulder as we walked out of English. Mel was by the vending machines with Jake something. They looked pretty cute together. Cam whispered in my ear," Who is that?"

I replied," Oh, that's some new kid Mel kind of has a thing for."

I looked up at him, noticing his eyes were dull after they had been so excited. I pulled him at of the traffic of the students and close to the white walls. "What's wrong?"

He scratched the back of his neck, something he did when ever he really didn't want to talk about something. " Well, I've always kind of had a thing for her... and I was hoping. Never mind. She deserves someone better anyway, after the way I've treated you guys."

Hot tears started pouring from my eyes and I couldn't stand it. I had to get away. " Hey, I have to go to the bathroom. See you after class." Then I ran in the closest bathroom, the one that no one ever uses.

I sat there for hours, not bothering going to class and ignoring the constant calls over the intercom for me. It didn't matter, nothing did. My head was leaning against the hard wall, my legs laid limply out in front of me. Someone just got a freaking kick out of my life.

Eventually, school was over and I could go home. Mom would surely be mad because no doubt the school thinks I've skipped but I've been here in this bathroom for the past two and a half hours.

I just walked straight out of the doors and walked home. There wouldn't be a group thing today, Cam had to work and Mel wanted to get some homework done. I just busted through the door and ran up the steps to my bedroom.

Nothing felt better then the feel of my pillow pets and comforter. I fell into a deep sleep, dreaming about a Cam who could love me, like I did him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it's been awhile! I'm sorry, I've had some issues and stuff going on. Please feel free to comment and subscribe.