Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

A Perfect Simple Kind Of Loving

-Ali-


"He really loves you," Lauren said as she handed me plates and hamburger buns to bring outside.

I shrugged, looking out the window at Jason and Gregory laughing. Gregory was doing the grilling now. It made me smile for some reason.

"Ali he really does love you, I know my brother and when he says he loves someone he loves them. Plus we all love you, even more and dad."

"Really?" I couldn't fight the smile on my face.

"Yes really," she smiled back, "At first I was a little protective of my younger brother when he told me about the long distance but I thought you were adorable."

"Aw thanks Lauren," The smile still hadn't left my face.

"You guys made it through a long distance relationship, that has to be a sign of true love."

"I don't know about that, the last few months have had me questioning how true he stayed to me during that time."

"Ali, stop trying to deny it. I'm a lot closer to my brother than most people think and when he was lonely or missing you he called me. He never cheated on you, he isn't the one to do that. Do you know how many nights he called me to tell me the countdown until you came to see him?"

The smile had returned to my face once again, "Really?"

"Yes really. But I need to know one thing, did you ever cheat on him?"

I shook my head, "No, never. I could never cheat on him."

"Do you think kissing is cheating?"

Fuck, she knew. I shook my head, "No but I felt like shit after I did it. I was hurt and just I didn't mean to," I tried to control the tears as they fought to fall.

"Ali, I'm sorry I didn't mean to I -" I cut her off.

"I'm the reason our relationship fell apart. It's my fault. He never cheated on me but I did," The tears were sliding down my cheeks now.

"No, no that's not what I meant. He was just really hurt by it and I just wanted to know exactly what happened. I wasn't saying it was your fault," she moved closer to me, attempting to comfort me.

I stepped away, "I'm a terrible girlfriend."

She threw her arms around me now, "No you aren't! Telling me what happened, he only told me about the kiss."

I buried my face in her shoulder, trying to control my breathing and control the sobs. She held my face in her hands, wiping away the tears and pushing strands of my hair back, "Please?"

"Hey babe can I have a plate?" Jason opened the sliding door, "What is going on?" He looked genuinely concerned.

"We're just having a moment," she brought the plate over to him, "Just keep everyone outside okay?"

Jason nodded in agreement as I heard Gregory ask what was going on, the same way Jason did.

I sat back against the fridge, "I'm sorry I'm so emotional."

"Don't be!" She sat down beside me, "You don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want too."

"It's just, I made it seem like his fault and I let him blame himself when I was no better. He was only dancing with other girls but I kissed his teammate."

"There has to be more to it than that."

"Well before they won the Cup, it was like we were just roommates. He was hardly ever home and I was always in bed before he got home."

"Where was he?"

"Out with the boys, usually the younger, single guys."

"Oh, well did he ever say anything?"

"He always said it was the playoffs or trying to fit in with the team, which I understood but I was getting tired of it."

"That's totally understandable. You should have let me know I would have set him straight."

I laughed, "I should have been the whiny girlfriend just once and things wouldn't have gotten to this point."

She hugged me, "I love you Ali, and I love you even more with my brother. You guys are meant to be simple as that."

"I love you too Lauren," I hugged her back, "but honestly I don't know if love is even real. It was good to hear that he never cheated on me but because of my parents its hard to believe."

"Just because your parents lost their love doesn't mean you can't have some. Look at my parents and look at me and Jason."

I nodded, "I guess you're right, but we've been together three years and it just seems like Gregory doesn't take our relationship that serious."

"Like marriage serious?"

I nodded. "When we were at Johnny's wedding it made me realize I want to get married and have a family."

Jason came into the kitchen to get the rest of the stuff they needed, "Come on ladies, dinner is ready."

Jason grabbed us by the hands, pulling us up from the ground. I brought the buns out for him as Gregory pulled me into his lap.

"Well hello," I couldn't help but smile at the way Gregory was smiling at me. Being in Canada was a good thing for us and I knew that.

Greg's mom pulled me aside, "So how are things with you and Greg?"

"We're doing good," I smiled.

"Any baby talk?" I choked on my drink as she chuckled.

"We aren't even engaged."

"You could still be planning, but I'm sorry that was inconsiderate of me."

"No, no you are fine. It just caught me off guard."

His mom smiled before walking back over to Lauren, probably asking her the same question. I loved his mom but boy was she crazy.

"I'll call you later," Lauren hugged me as the night came to end. Everyone had already left but we stayed after to help clean up. Gregory took my hand as we walked out to the car. Even when we were in the car he took hold of my hand once again. It was almost weird, getting all this affection since it had been a while.

I slipped out of my jean shorts and tank top the second we got home, slipping into an oversized shirt of Gregory's of course. He slipped out of his clothes, only in his boxers now as he climbed into bed.

I washed my makeup off, staring at my reflection. I had so much on my mind and I didn't know what to do about it. But I did now that I loved Gregory and that was really all that mattered. Right?

"Al, are you coming to bed?" He called to me from his spot on the bed.

I dried my face and walked back into the room. I jumped on the bed, straddling his waist as he rested his hands on my hips. He smirked up at me.

"You want to know why I thought you were cheating?" I flipped my hair to the other side.

He looked a little surprised but answered, "Sure."

"You weren't trying to have sex with me. Tammy and Brit both said that if you weren't asking it might be a sign."

"But I was with the guys most of the time.."

My eyebrow rose, "Are you trying to tell me something?"

He tickled my sides, "I don't roll that way!"

I giggled, begging for him to stop. It was just like before, simple little things that showed we were in love. When he did stop the conversation went back to being serious, "But no Ali, I never would cheat on you. I was to busy to have sex obviously. I am still really sorry about that."

I leaned down kissing him, "It wasn't your fault it was mine."

"Don't say that."

"But it was. I never came to you and then it got out of control. I kissed Patrice and then flipped out on you."

Gregory remained silent, he knew I was right. He drew small circles on my thigh with his thumb, "But if I hadn't ignored you.."

I got off of him, laying on my side of the bed, now facing the wall. Why was he being so stubborn? Most guys would be all over their girl admitting she was wrong.

"Ali," I heard him sigh.

"I can't believe we are fighting about this."

"How about we were both wrong and didn't help the situation?"

I rolled over to look at him, he pulled me close kissing my nose. In that moment it felt like everything we have ever fought over melted away. I didn't want this night to end.

"Would you ever marry me?"

He looked taken a back, it took him a few seconds to answer. "Of course."

I wasn't sure if he was being honest or trying to spare my feelings but I ignored those thoughts and just believed him for right now. He wrapped his arms around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its another short-ish one but I won't be able to update again until Friday so I figured I'd give you guys an update tonight (: I hope you like it, thank you all so much for reading and commenting and subscribing! It means sooo much to me! :D