Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

I Wanna Be With You

- Ali -


"The Boston Bruins are the 2011 Stanley Cup Champions!" The announcer bellowed as every Boston fan in the building was up on their feet, cheering loudly.

Brittany grabbed my hand as we clacked up the stairs and through the arena to get to the locker room. Even in Brittany's shoes I felt under dressed next to her.

"How does my hair look?" she asked turning to me, as we stood in the bench area with the other wives and girlfriends as well as the many family members that made the trip all the way to Vancouver.

"Amazing as ever," I smiled at her. Britt and I had gotten close over the year, we were practically best friends.

"And my make-up?"

"Britt, you look fine. If something was out of place I would let you know," I squeezed her hand as the guys were finally done hugging each other. She pulled me along as Milan swooped her up in his arms. David was kissing Naomi and so on. I threw my arms around Tim since his wife couldn't be here, he hugged me back tightly as he moved on to hug the guys some more. I looked around for Gregory but he must have been part of one of the many group hugs still going on.

"We did it!" Patrice said, wrapping his arms around my waist. He was definitely the biggest flirt on the team, well at least with me. It must be the French accent but what girl wouldn't swoon over it? I turned around embracing him back, I was so proud of all of them.

"Marchy!" I yelled as he skated over to join the group hug. They were our scorers of the night. "You guys were amazing!"

"You know how we do," Brad laughed, squeezing me tighter. I watched as he picked up speed and jumped up onto Tyler.

"Why aren't you with Soupy?" Patrice asked, draping an arm around my shoulders.

I shrugged, "I didn't know where he was."

Patrice pointed in the direction of my boyfriend talking to Shawn and his parents. I continued to stare at him until he skated over to me, picking me up in a hug.

"There you are!" he kissed me when he set be back down, I grabbed onto his arm to steady myself.

"I've been here the whole time."

But before he could answer, they were bringing the Stanley Cup out and I knew this would be the last time I talked to him until we were on the plane. If I was lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I love him and I am so proud of the Bruins. I know this a major thing but Gregory is slipping away from me ever so slowly.

We took one picture together. One. Britt and Looch took at least five but they were the perfect couple. But we were the second favorite. Greg just wouldn't stand still to take any more pictures. He was skating from player to player as well as his parents.

The locker room was no different. Loud music, crowded with people and no Greg in sight. The guys took turns hoisting the cup over their heads again as well as filling it with alcohol and pouring it on each other.

"Come on Ali, take a drink!" Johnny called me over, wiping his face with the sleeve of his jersey.

I took a small sip from the cup before joining Tyler in his attempt to dance. My worries slowly slipping away as I joined in on the partying. I just needed to focus on the right now.

~~

The plane ride was no different. The guys were still in celebration mode of course and that was fine. But he could have sat with me. Britt and Looch were sitting together as well as any of the other girlfriends who were there. But instead I found myself sitting with Nathan as he watched his teammates pose with the cup. I didn't mind, I loved Nathan even when he was in Florida. He was there the night I met Greg and we became best friends pretty quick.

But I wanted to celebrate with my boyfriend too.

I pulled out my phone reading all the tweets about the Bruins winning as well as checking my Facebook, seeing messages from family telling me to congratulate Gregory for them. I slipped my phone back in my pocket as Greg finally came over. He kissed me quickly before going into the bathroom.

"Cool, he only acknowledges me when he has to use the bathroom," I threw my head back into the seat causing a weird look to appear on Nathan's face.

"Trouble in paradise?" he asked teasingly.

"Kind of," I sighed, "I don't know. It's probably just me."

"Cut him some slack, he just won the Stanley Cup."

"I am! But we just haven't celebrated together really. This means a lot to me too."

"Maybe you guys will celebrate when you get home?" Nathan nudged me with his elbow, winking.

I couldn't help but laugh, "Maybe."

I decided to get up and celebrate with the rest of the team. No point in sitting around waiting, maybe he would notice me now. He wrapped his arms around me, he smelled like alcohol and sweat but he had his arms around me and that was all that mattered.

It's not like he never showed me affection but for the last couple of weeks he had been a little distant. I figured he was just focused on the playoffs and I understood, this was a big deal and they wanted nothing more than to win. Hell I wanted them to win just as bad.

But I missed him. I missed feeling his body against mine and the way he squeezed me a little tighter in the mornings.

"I love you," he whispered in my ear as he kissed the side of my face beside my eye.

He really was a good boyfriend, I was just afraid I wasn't being a good enough girlfriend for him.

"I'm going to go change," I squeezed his arm before turning away from him. He had his arms around my waist following me to the bathroom.

"Mind if I join you?" he smirked.

"Isn't that kind of unclassy?" Truth is, I really didn't care.

"Nobody has to know," he winked, pushing the door open and then slowly walking in while pushing me.

I sat down on top of the closed toilet as he removed the heels that were killing my feet, "I don't know how you can wear these for a long period of time," he chuckled as I stood up.

"The same way you wear skates," I slid my cardigan off of my shoulders, dropping it on the ground. He helped me to lift the shirt over my head as he leaned in to kiss me, unbottoning my jeans at the same time. I steadied myself, holding onto to Gregory's shoulders as he helped to slide my jeans off.

I giggled as his hands grazed my thighs, "Babe, not in here."

I could feel him smile in the middle of our kiss, moving down to neck before helping me to get dressed, "Fine, when we get home." He lightly smacked my ass, chuckling to himself. It was things like this that pushed any doubts I had to the back of my mind but I knew once we were back in Boston they would resurface.

But tonight, tonight was about the boys and Stanley Cup.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally have an update, woot! :P It's kind of a like the set up, ya know?
Thank you all so much for the comments so far and I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)