Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

Please, can we talk about this?

-Gregory-


I missed her. I missed her like crazy that was for sure.

She was right though. She wasn't the only one in the wrong. I should have spent time with her, given her more attention instead of those other girls I was with.

I rolled over looking at the empty spot next to me, in a smaller bed than mine, realizing I missed waking up next to her. Shawn's wasn't exactly where I wanted to be.

"Soup?" there was a knock on my door. Before I could reply, the door opened.

"Thanks for giving me a chance to answer, what if I was naked?"

Shawn chuckled, "Dude, really?"

I rolled my eyes, "What's up?"

"Want to come to breakfast, you know before I leave?"

"Wait, you're leaving, where am I suppose to go?" Well, shit.

Shawn shrugged, walking back out the room, shutting the door behind him. I threw my head back on the pillows, running my hands down my face. I shouldn't be dreading going home.

We ended up a table in the back of The Friendly Toast, I think it was still early enough for anybody to really be here beside a few old couples. I wasn't in the mood for fans asking for pictures and autographs.

"Shawn," I hesitated.

"I think you need guys to need to fix things." I was taken aback, it was like he could read my mind. "It's not like what she did was that bad."

"Yeah, but still. She kissed someone else, Bergy, you know how that makes me look?"

"It doesn't make you look like anything. Everyone was drunk off their asses, shit happens. And you weren't exactly innocent."

"But still, the guys won't look at me the same. Especially the way I reacted to it."

"Half of the guys don't remember shit from that night."

"Well Ali does," I sighed. I did over react when I confronted her but after it was happening I couldn't stop it.

The waitress came back with our food and the topic was changed to how we were going to spend our off season and I was kind of glad for that. I didn't want to think about this anymore, especially since I was going to have to face her in a couple of hours.

I gathered the few things I had at Shawn's house, a quick hug and I was on my way back to my apartment. Hopefully it would be empty.

I breathed a sign of relief, when her car was not in it's designated parking spot beside mine.

On the counter she had left me a note. And it wasn't the first one, there were at least 3 more on the counter beside it.

Hey,
Just wanted to let you know I went to a Sox game with Looch, Nate, Brit and Tammy before they left for the summer.
-Ali


I dropped it back onto the counter and making my way into the bedroom. A Sox game, really? I fell back onto the bed, while she was gone I needed to figure out how this was going to work.

~

I heard the lock turn and the door open as Ali set her keys down on the counter. She had to have noticed my car parked beside hers, but she didn't come into the bedroom like she usually did.

I walked into the living room to see her sitting on the couch, her legs tucked underneath her. She was in her Red Sox jersey and her hair was a little messy, but she still looked beautiful. It feels like forever since I last saw her.

"Look who decided to come home," she said quietly, her eyes not leaving the TV.

My eyebrow rose, definitely not how I thought I was going to be greeted. "Yeah."

"Yeah? That's all you have to say? Gone for a week and all I get is a yeah?"

"What did you expect?"

She threw the remote onto the other side of the couch, pushing past me and slamming the door to our room behind her.

I knocked on the door, "Ali."

"What?" she said, not opening the door. I rested my forehead against it. This is not how I thought tonight was going to go.

She opened the door now, a pillow in hand, "Did you have fun at the Sox game?"

She nodded, "Tons."

"Can we talk about this?" I slipped my hands into my jean pockets.

"Talk about what? How you blew everything out of proportion? How you left and didn't tell me where you were going?"

"This isn't all on me you know," Fuck, why did I just say that. She rolled her eyes, stepping past me in an over-sized shirt and boy short underwear. "Where are you going?"

"To bed, goodnight."

"On the couch?"

"Yup," she said sitting down on the couch.

"We're not done talking."

"Well I don't want to talk about it tonight. We'll talk about it tomorrow before I go to work."

"When did you start working again?"

"Yesterday, I got my old job back."

"Why?"

"You were gone, needed to find a way to make money."

"I was only gone a week, you know you can rely on me.." I sighed.

"Not anymore and don't worry you can have your apartment back in a couple days too," she stood up now, walking past me once again.

"What, why?" This conversation was breaking my heart even more.

"You wanted to throw a relationship away, well then I'm going back home to my parents."

"Please, don't do that," I tried to pull her in for a hug, but she stepped away. "Ali, you are making this more of a big deal then it really is."

"Ha, kind of like you did?"

I sighed, "That was a totally different situation."

"Yeah, well it's the reason for this conversation right now."

"You kissed my teammate," I looked into her eyes now, they were full of hurt.

"Everyone was drunk! I'm pretty sure you were kissing one of the many girls you spent all night dancing with! You ignored my text messages, didn't tell me where you were, you cut me off for a week."

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to sort things out."

"Well I've been trying to sort things out for the last three months but I just didn't drop off the face of the earth."

I didn't know what to say as she stood there, arms crossed across her chest. When I didn't say anything she walked past me, laying down on the couch. Was our relationship that bad? What had she been thinking about for the last three months that I wasn't aware of?

"Will you at least come to bed so we can talk about this?"

"No, goodnight Gregory. We will talk about it tomorrow, I don't have to be at work until noon."

I sighed. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow. We needed to figure this out now. "Ali, at least take the bed?"

"Goodnight Gregory."

I laid there, staring at the ceiling. Sleep wasn't going to come for me tonight and I knew it the second Ali walked through the door. I shouldn't have ignored her, that only made it worse. But this wasn't how I thought she was going to act, I really fucked up. Three months of hurt was coming out, three months of me being oblivious to our crumpling relationship.

Now all I wanted to do was fix it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update so soon, crazy I know :P but I hope you enjoy it! Thank you all for your comments and reading it! :)

We all know Soupy isn't like this, well at least hopefully not like this and hopefully nobody would ever do this to him! Haha