Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

I Just Want Us Back To The Way We Were Before..

-Ali-


Maybe we were better off apart. Maybe we never should have dated in the first place. But I did love him and those feelings weren't going to just go away.

"I'm so excited for you to be here!" I squealed as we both fell back onto the bed. "I can't wait to show you the Boston Garden and go to a Sox game with you," I kissed his nose as he smiled at me. I was beyond happy that Gregory was here, we could finally have a normal relationship.

"When would you like to go to this Sox game?" he laid his arm across me as he leaned on his elbow.

"Whenever you want," I kissed him once more.


We never did go to that Sox game. Training camp started and soon the season started. As soon as the season started he instantly clicked with the team, leaving me behind occasionally but I was fine with it. I was happy he fit in with the team and had his bromance dates. I would have been concerned if he didn't.

But now, looking back on all of that maybe I should have tried to be the annoying girlfriend just once so he knew how I was feeling and that he couldn't just push me aside.

No. This wasn't my fault. This was his, he should have seen the signs, he should have noticed things were falling apart. Hell, when we didn't have sex for like 2 months he should have known something was up. I wasn't going to let this bother me.

When I realized what time it was I got up and began to throw the rest of my clothes into the suitcase sitting on top of the bed. Greg was going to be home anytime now and I needed to be out of here before he came through that door.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I flicked the light off, slowly closing the door. The tears were threatening to fall as I turned the key in the ignition. Don't cry Ali. This is for the best.

At the stop sign I saw him drive past me, he didn't notice me but I knew it was him by the Red Sox baseball cap he loved to wear. At that moment I couldn't keep the tears in anymore.

~

"Ali," Trevor, my younger brother answered the door, "What's wrong?"

"Where's mom?"

"Trevor, whose at the door.." my mom stopped when she saw me standing on the porch, "Alibear what's wrong?"

I dropped my suitcase and threw my arms around my mom, a few tears spilling from my eyes. She rubbed my back, not sayings a word. She took my hand, leading me inside when I had calmed down.

Where did you go? My phone buzzed for the third time since I left. All from Gregory asking where I went and what was wrong.

"I"m still confused," my dad said making a face, "Why exactly did you leave?"

"Things weren't working out right," I sighed.

"So you ran away from your Boston Bruin of a boyfriend?" Trevor asked, "Are you crazy?"

I threw one of the decorative pillows at him, "There is more to it."

"Well honey, shouldn't you have talked to Greg about this?"

"I was going to but he was avoiding it."

"How so?"

"Well everyday when I woke up he wasn't home and when I did get home from work I was to tired to argue so things were just awkward."

"Awkward and when did you start working again?"

"Like he would try to make things like they were the way before but it's not that simple. And I started a few days after the incident happened."

"Are you sure you aren't just crazy?" my brother asked.

"He got mad at me because I kissed Pateice, which was a total accident. We were both drunk and I wasn't getting any attention from Gregory. I guess my judgement and what I was thinking at the time wasn't the best choice but he was dancing with a bunch of other girls all night."

"There has to be more to it than just that," my mom patted my knee.

"There is but me and him haven't discussed it. He doesn't want to accept the fact that things haven't been right for a few months now."

"What's been wrong?"

"Ever since halfway through the season, everything just slowly started to slip through the cracks. And once the playoffs started it got even worse. He would spend more time with the guys than with me."

"Well he is a guy.." my brother again had something smart to say.

"Doesn't matter, our relationship was better when he was a thousand miles away," I sighed throwing my head back against the couch.

"You need to talk to him sweetie," my mom patted my leg. "It's the only way to fix things."

I brought my things upstairs to my old bedroom finally deciding to text him back, it couldn't hurt. When I looked at my phone I had two new text messages from none other than him.

I love you, please answer me.

Don't worry about me. I just needed to get away, sort things out. I tossed my phone onto my pillow as slid out of my jeans. Not but five seconds after my phone was buzzing again.

Get away? Please come home so we can sort things out together. It's both of our issues.

I'll be home for Johnny's wedding but I'm not staying. We need some time apart.

I crawled into bed, looking around my room at my Bruins, Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and other random posters around my room. Just as I thought he had decided to not text me back, my phone started ringing.

"Ali, please come home. Why are you doing this?"

"I needed to do this."

"Why? What happened to us talking about this?"

"You avoided it and I needed to get away."

"I didn't know what to do, I was scared you were going to do exactly this, give up on us and leave me."

"It's not over, most of my stuff is still there."

"Ali, I just want to fix us."

"Well then figure out what went wrong."

"How am I suppose to know?"

"Think real hard and you will. I want us back to the way were but I'm not just going to tell you because you won't actually understand. I'll meet you at the airport Friday morning and hopefully you will have figured at least some of it out. Goodnight."

I hung up the phone, not letting him add anything more. I thought I was reasonable and it made sense. Now he just needed to think long and hard.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this made sense and I hope you enjoy it! Thank you all for reading and subscribing and commenting, it means a lot! :) If you have any suggestions feel free to send them to me!