Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

What Happened To That Girl I Used To Know?

-Gregory-


I watched as Ali packed her things, tears in her eyes but she was refusing to let them fall. I couldn't move. I didn't know what to say or do to stop her from leaving. I just sat on the bed, the tears not falling because I was to shocked.

"Ali, please don't go, don't do this," I finally spoke, "I love you and this is going to kill me."

She stopped what she was doing and just stared at me.

"You can't leave me, you especially can't leave me for my teammate."

She rolled her eyes, throwing more clothes in a bag, "Well he will take me to a Sox game."

She grab her other bag and walked out the door. I didn't chase her or try to stop her I was frozen.


My eyes shot open as it felt like my heart dropped into my stomach. Ali was still curled up into my side. It was just a dream.

I breathed a sigh of relief but not completely calmed down. I definitely couldn't lose her. I knew her sleeping with me wasn't really a step forward. She would go back to acting like she didn't want nothing to do with me.

But that dream had to mean more.

I never took her to that Red Sox game like I promised. But that can't be one of the reasons, can it?

I looked down at her again, her face pressed into my shoulder. I kissed her forehead before slowly drifting back to sleep.

In the morning, she was no longer pressed into my side but was up and in the shower. At first I didn't hear the shower and thought my dream might not have been a dream.

"Good morning," I smiled as she came out of the bathroom.

She half smiled in return, walking back over to her side of the room. She didn't say anything though.

"Don't do this Ali," I sighed.

"Do what?" she picked up a pair of white, strapped heels.

"Act like last night didn't happen."

"What the fuck? Seriously? Nothing happened, ooh we slept in the same bed together. If you didn't notice I was pretty drunk off my ass," she grabbed her dress and headed for the door.

I knew I shouldn't have said anything."Don't leave, we need to talk."

She turned around dropping her stuff on the bed, "What, you know this is only going to turn into an argument."

"Am I not enough? Am I boring you, do you want someone else who will keep their promises and take you to Red Sox games?"

Her face fell, she didn't look angry anymore but she didn't look sad exactly, "What?"

"Am I not good enough to be with you?"

"No, why would you say that?"

"It sure as hell seems like you want someone else."

"No, I am not good enough to be with you."

"Don't say that. Listen, I'm just really confused."

"And I'm just really hurt."

"I can't fix it if you don't tell me."

"I can't just tell you, it's not going to fix it. You won't learn from it if I just tell you," her voice sounded shakey.

"Where is this coming from? What happened to that girl I used to know?"

"That girl wasn't hurt," she grabbed her things, leaving me sitting there.

There had to be something deeper going on.

~

During the wedding, Ali sat beside me wiping at her eyes. I couldn't get the thoughts to stop running through my mind, what was going on in that pretty little head of hers? What activated bitch mode? Why did she push me away?

"They look so happy," she whispered to me.

I nodded, putting my arm around her. To my surprise she didn't shake it off, she just let me.

When the ceremony was over and the cocktail party began Ali disappeared into the crowd. I took one of the drinks from one of the waiters, and took a seat on one of the many couches. I must have looked pathetic to my teammates, just sitting there, all by myself.

"Is this seat taken?" A brunette, related to Johnny I'm sure, asked.

I looked up at her and shrugged, not thinking anything of it. I had to much on my mind.

"Thanks, I'm Miranda," she said sitting in the seat beside me.

It wasn't until shortly after she sat down beside me that I noticed how close she actually was and the way her body was pointed toward me. "Gregory."

"You play with my cousin, congrats on winning the Cup."

"Thanks," I smiled in return, trying to inch away from her.

"So are you here with anyone?" she traced the rim of her glass with her finger.

Whore. It was more than just the tight black dress, or the five inch high heels. It was the fact she was trying to get with someone at her cousins wedding. "Look, I'm sorry. I just..I have to go," I got up, before Ali could see me.

"Well then," I ran into Ali, who didn't look all to happy to see me.

"It's not what you think," I held my arms up in surrender. She pushed past me, rolling her eyes. "Stop jumping to conclusions, damnit."

"What do you expect me to do?" She turned back to face me. I grabbed her hand, bringing her outside with me.

"She sat down next to me. I got up the second I noticed she wanted more than somewhere to sit. I've been doing a lot of thinking and you need to talk to me about what's wrong."

"I believe you. But now is not the time to talk about it. We'll talk later," she sounded a little choked up but she didn't put a fight. She did turn away from me and head back inside.

That was progress right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't the best, I had a hard time writing this because I had a couple of directions this could go and I kept getting ideas for later chapters. Thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing! :)