Status: Slow start..won't really get going for a couple of weeks..

Do I?

Does The Sight Of Me Wanting You Drive You Crazy?

-Ali-


This was not what I was expecting. It almost made me want to go back to our shared apartment but I knew Gregory would be leaving soon and I didn't want to be there alone.

"Why did he leave?" I asked, trying to not sound as hurt as I was.

"I asked him to," My mom kept her eyes fixed on the tomatoes she was cutting.

"I thought you were going to try to work it out," I leaned against the counter beside her. "You can't just kick him out, you guys have been married for over twenty years. You can't just give up.."

She slammed the knife down, "Alison, you are my daughter and this is not your problem. You have your own problem with Greg. Maybe you should work on that instead of telling me what I should do about mine since you can barely make yours work."

That stung. I fought off the tears until I made it upstairs, I slammed the door falling onto my bed. Everything was falling apart. I called Gregory but didn't get an answer which only caused me to cry harder.

"Go away," I tried to control my sobs as I yelled at the soft knock on my door.

"Ali, I'm sorry," My mom came into my room, ignoring my go away.

"You were right," I said as I buried my face deeper into my pillow.

"No, no, I was just upset," she rubbed my back as I tried to control my crying. "I just never thought your father would cheat on me, I never thought this would happen. For a month I tried to make it work, but I just couldn't. It hurt to much."

I threw my arms around her as she wiped at her eyes, "I know mom, I know exactly how you feel. I just don't know if he cheated on me and this is why I'm having problems. I don't know what to do. Marriage and love seem unreal to me now."

She kissed my cheek, "Don't give up. Just because this happened doesn't mean love doesn't exist. Your farther and I did love each other very much, but maybe we just weren't meant to last."

"Why did he find someone else?"

"I was just always busy, with you kids and then taking care of the house and shopping since your brother still lived at home and working. It was just all to much and always being tired left no time for your father."

"So he gave up?"

She nodded, a tear sliding down her cheek, "Sadly, well I'm going to go finish dinner."

~

I'm not going anywhere until we fix us. Gregory texted me around nine.

I had to admit that was sweet and made my heart melt a little. But I didn't know what to say.

I can come to you or you can come here or we can meet somewhere just please? He texted me again before I could think of something to say.

I have to be at work at noon, so do you want to meet me after?

I think you need to quit and come back to me but we can do that.

I rolled my eyes, finally pulling myself out of bed and getting into the shower. Seeing my parents go through this made me realize I needed to fix this. Not wait a month or go back to him with unresolved issues.

I settled for a Red Sox shirt, jeans and my hair down with a slight wave. I really did not want to work here anymore, I had a degree, I shouldn't be working as a waitress anymore.

"Look whose here," Katie said coming up behind me.

I looked in the direction she was pointing, Gregory was being seated. Ugh, he looked so cute. Ib his shorts and white v-neck.

"I'll let you take that table," she nudged me, bringing me back. I made my way over to his table.

"Hi I'm Ali, I'll be your waitress for today," I smiled as he smiled at me.

"Well hello Ali, I'll have a Dr. Pepper."

I brought out his drink and then went to the bathroom quickly, pulling out my phone to text him. I told you I'd text you after work.

I took his order as he answered my text in person, "I figured this would be easier, I could just give you a ride."

"I get off at two," and with that I turned and went to take my other orders before bringing him his food.

When I got off a work about an hour later, Gregory was outside waiting for, "You ready?"

I nodded, following him to his car. The car ride was pretty quiet until we got to the park. The same park we had one of our first dates in Boston at.

"I know I really fucked up but you have to tell me what's going on. I feel like there is something deeper going on."

I sighed, "I'm sorry. There is something deeper going on, I'm just scared."

"Why? Of what?" We had stopped now, he slid his hands in his pockets.

"My parents. Their marriage fell apart and it made me doubt ours."

"Well shit Ali, what happened?"

"My dad cheated," I took a deep breath, trying to stop the tears. "She asked him to move out and he did, he didn't fight it. He gave up and so did my mom."

"And that's why you were scared," he rubbed the back of his neck.

I nodded, a few tears escaping my eyes. He pulled me into his chest as he saw the tears slid down my cheeks, "I swear I never cheated on you. I am so sorry that I hadn't been paying attention to and was with those other girls that night."

I shook my head, "I shouldn't have kissed Bergy."

"I should have been a better boyfriend," he kissed the top my head.

"Maybe love just doesn't exist?" I sighed.

"Don't say that, I love you more than anything. Did watching me want you not drive you crazy?"

"Kind of, but how can I know that for sure?" I looked up at him, his blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight.

"Come with me to Canada?"

"My job though.."

"Quit it?"

"How is any of this going to prove it?" I pulled away from him, but his arms were still around my waist.

"Please?"

"Fine," Before I knew what was happening he kissed me. He kissed me for the first time in about three weeks.

Oh god how I've missed him.

~

I don't know what made me decide to drop everything and go with him, maybe love? Well it better know what it is doing or else this could end bad. I finished packing my bags, throwing them in the trunk of my car.

"Take care of mom," I hugged Trevor before finding my mom, laying in bed.

"I love you mommy," I pulled her into a hug as a smile spread across her face.

"Be careful, I love," she kissed my cheek before I pulled away. I met Gregory at our apartment, he took the bags from me and put them in the back of his car.

This was the second time I was meeting his parents, the first time was back in Florida. I was slightly nervous, but Gregory said they loved me so it was hopefully going to be okay.

"Thank you for coming with me," he kissed my cheek before climbing into the driver side of the car.

"I better not be making a mistake," I joked as he put the car in reverse, backing the car out of the driveway.

"You won't be," he smiled. "I hope," he said just above a whisper as we pulled onto the highway.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise the next chapter will be better! Thank you all for reading and subscribing and commenting it means a lot, really! :)