Status: work in progresss..............

It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing...

New addition to the Green

“Gracie, have you joined the living yet?” a voice whispered in my ear. I groaned and smacked at the source of the voice half-heartedly. They chuckled and I squinted my eyes carefully. “Oh. Ok. Good. You have.” Get your butt out of bed. Your fever has been gone for almost two days and you’ve been sleeping like the dead for all of it.” I glared at Tristian. “Get. Out. Of. My. Face.” I snapped. He just grinned at me, then frowned abruptly.

“Josh saw your arms. I didn’t tell him what you told me, but I didn’t lie to him and tell him that you didn’t tell me about it either. He’s going to want an explanation, and it’s going to come from you, and not me.” I blinked up at him a few moments, then groaned. “No. That’s not… he wasn’t supposed to know. That’s not right.”

“Well, He does. And the Greens Contest sign ups are three days from now.” I gasped and sprang up.

“Watch it! You might get Vertigo!” he said, lurching to catch me, but I was already headed for his door.

”You haven’t ate real food in a week. How are you not dizzy?” he exclaimed. I ignored him once again, going to the kitchen where the guys were.

“He told all of you, didn’t he?” I muttered when every head swiveled my way.

“Yes.” They all chorused. I groaned.

“God you guys are as bad as my Basement Babies.” I muttered. They gave me shocked looks and I grinned.

“The kids that where with Tiff. Whenever I went over there, via a pedo van and blindfold, he has a basement that used to be a jail. He restored it and uses it for us. The kids that he kept down there saw me as a ‘mom’ because I always took care of them and I always somehow got one of them to be able to go home. Via talking Tiff into letting them go or sneaking them out, whatever it took. They loved to share everything they knew about me. That’s why I never really told anyone about my self even though everyone told me everything.”

“So that’s what the ‘I hope to be.’ Comment was about.” Tristian said from behind me. I turned my head just a fraction to nod at him. He walked to the counter and sat, offering me the chair at the head of the table, the only other place besides next to him. I was really tempted to sit next to him, because I knew everyone would flip when I told my story, and I didn’t want to be near that. Seeing my hesitation, he scooted over as far as he could and I climbed on the counter, facing the boys. Josh crossed his arms.

“So, he already knows the story behind your arms. Which, by the way, I think you should let everyone see.” I grimaced, but checked to make sure I had a short sleeved shirt on underneath my jacket before stripping it off and baring my arms. There was a lot of inhales and a few “What the-“ comments, but otherwise I just got looks of disappointment. I grimaced, looking away from them, and Tristian was in my line of sight. He smiled at me, and then stuck out his tongue before putting a hand at the small of my back gently. “Tell them what you told me. Tell them about that night, and about Jaylex and Shakina. They wont judge you, they just want to love you.” I took a deep breath, turned to the table, who looked confused because Tristian hadn’t said that loud enough for them to hear, and began telling my story again.

XXXXXXX lapse of a day, at Timmy and Gracie’s house XXXXXXX

“Doooooo ittttttttt.” Timmy pleaded. The boys where laughing at me. I sighed, sitting at the piano and gave him an annoyed look.

“Can anyone else play this?” I asked. We where gathered around my moms baby grand after Timmy decided he wanted to hear me sing. Tristian raised a hand slightly. I motioned him over and played the cords needed for the song in rhythm. “Got it?” I asked. He nodded, and I grinned. “Good. Begin whenever you wish.” I hopped up and sat on the top, pulling my knees up and resting my head on them. He began playing, so I closed my eyes, and began singing.

She read me the note he left on her bed
Snuck in her room right after she left
And put petals on the ground
Her head on his shoulder they walk down the hall
I'm left to wonder will I ever fall in love
And where is he now

She's with him,
I'm in the back seat
Know it's not right but it hurts when they're laughing
And I've never been
where they are

I wanna be blown away
I wanna be swept off my feet
I wanna meet the one who makes it hard for me to breathe
I wanna be lost in love
I wanna be your dream come true
I wanna be scared of how strong I feel for you
Just call me beautiful,
Call me beautiful
Call me beautiful,
Call me b-e-a-utiful

Friday night she wore his jersey to the game
In the front row screamin out his name
As he turns to her and smiles
Every where I look people holding hands
When am I gonna get my chance at love
My chance at love

Cuz she's with him,
I'm still hurting
Try to pretend
but it's not working
I just wanna be
where they are
..”

about here I looked up as I sang and saw that Tristian was still playing, but his eyes where stuck on me. I grinned slightly, and he actually blushed, looking away. Not once did he miss a beat in his playing.

…I wanna be blown away
I wanna be swept off my feet
I wanna meet the one who makes it hard for me to breathe
I wanna be lost in love
I wanna be your dream come true
I wanna be scared of how strong I feel for you
Just call me beautiful,
Call me beautiful
Call me beautiful,
Call me b-e-a-utiful

My heart is waiting for your love
My hand is waiting for your touch
My lips just wanna be kissed by you

I wanna be blown away
I wanna be swept off my feet
I wanna meet the one who makes it hard for me to breathe
I wanna be lost in love
I wanna be your dream come true
I wanna be scared of how strong
I feel for you Just call me beautiful,
Call me beautiful Call me beautiful,
Call me b-e-a-utiful

Beautiful,
Call me beautiful
Call me beautiful,
Call me b-e-a-utiful
.” I stopped singing, and the music faded off. I turned to the guys, and all of them just looked at me.

“Is that what you’re singing for the Greens concert?”

“The try outs, yes.” I admitted.

“You’re so winning!” Timmy exclaimed, running and throwing his arms around me. I grinned down at his head since I was taller then him sitting on the piano. “Well thanks. I’m going to try.” I glanced at Tristian, who still had his head turned away. I gave everyone a concerned look, and they shrugged.

“I will too.” He said ubruptly, turning to face me. I gave him a look.

”You will what?”

”Try and help you win.” I gaped at him, and the boys whooped.

“y-you mean…” he grinned at me.

“You need to find a different song to enter with- make it a duet.” I squealed, jumping up to wrap my arms around him excitedly.

“Oh my God, we have so much to do! We only have two days!” I exclaimed. He chuckled.

“So then just do a duet we both know.” He said, pushing me away so he could see my face. I grimaced.

“Like WHAT?” I asked. He shrugged. “I know almost every one. So pick one.” I thought for a long time, then grinned at him suddenly.

“ I think I know which one I want to do!” I said excitedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so any "I'm sorry's" I was going to say at this point isn't going to work at this point, I know. All I can say is that I'm deeply sorry that I havent updated in awhile. Things have been hectic in my family and then I had some other things that needed to be done before I even focused on typing and updating. I sat and typed this up at 4:30 this afternoon, it's 5:18 now. I hope to have the next chapter up, which is going to be the sign-ups. In front of no less then three hundred people. should be interesting. Anyway. It should be up today. The song in this chapter is "b-e-a-utiful" by Megan Nicole. no I do not own it, but I love it and the message in it. hope you enjoyed. and this is super effing long, I'm just going to shut up now.